DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aes Sedai "poll"

Guest Wynne Jessal

Fave is definately Moridin. Hes freakin awesome; uses the true power, half mad, totally reincarnated, still the nae'blis, linked to rand, plays chess!, controls moggy and cyndane yay, and my fave colors red and black too!. but unlike the other forsaken, hes given a chance for Rand to join him at least when he was ishy he asked politely and he even saved Rand's butt back at shadar logoth. Now hes back to kick some serious arse wooohoo. Plus hes still the most powerful forsaken (OP-wise) and being nae'blis means the other bad hobos all have to obey him.

least fave is definately cadsuane....blehhhh! shes a total biatch! wtf is wrong with her? If i was rand i wouldn't put up with that kinda crap for even one second and balefire her old wrinkly butt. although shes totally good at being everything aes sedai stands for in the 3rd age, she acts as though shes rand's granny and that rand is about 3 and needs to change his nappy every few minutes. someone pay her her pension and throw her on a wheelchair set for the land of the madmen.

^ Excuse me? :x If your post had proper spelling and grammar, it still would not insult Cadsuane the way you attemt to insult her. Rand acts like a child, she treats him like a child. She's my favorite third age AS because she's not stuck up like a lot of the others are. She respect Sorilea, and that's something. She also promises that everything she does will be for Rand's own good, not anyone else's. :D

Probably Cadsuane, then Moiraine, then Egwene, then Verin.

But these are the obvious ones. Of the less obvious i would say Pevara and Tarna. They both have a degree of objectivity lacking in other Aes Sedai, and they both have spunk.

Of the Forsaken = I don't consider any of them that good... too many personal aims and motives and I probably dislike Graendal most *g*

Of the Old guard = I like Siuan and Moiraine.. Cadsuane is a bit of a tough one... I respect her, she doesn't invite liking so much and I don't like Alviarin at all. She is a nasty piece of work as they say.

Of the Newbies = Definately Egwene and Logain for favourites and amongst those I dislike are Liandrin though she isn't that much of a Newbie) and Nicola (not yet raised... still, she is on my list for when she gets there, lol)... and my least favourite Black Tower inhabitants have luckily already been removed *g* (the assassination gang)

Guest cwestervelt
Of the Forsaken = I don't consider any of them that good... too many personal aims and motives and I probably dislike Graendal most *g*

Of the Old guard = I like Siuan and Moiraine.. Cadsuane is a bit of a tough one... I respect her' date=' she doesn't invite liking so much and I don't like Alviarin at all. She is a nasty piece of work as they say.

Of the Newbies = Definately Egwene and Logain for favourites and amongst those I dislike are Liandrin though she isn't that much of a Newbie) and Nicola (not yet raised... still, she is on my list for when she gets there, lol)... and my least favourite Black Tower inhabitants have luckily already been removed *g* (the assassination gang)[/quote']

Nicola just a little to close to Egwene personality wise for comfort? Similar to Suian's early dislike for Egwene was too much similarity of character? :P

I think that after the events portrayed in Knife of Dreams Nicola deserves as much of a reprieve as Egwene. Both characters came a long way in a short time, but, because Nicola is a sideling player, we don't get to see the changes as much. I got the impression that she has thrown herself solidly behind Egwene since they both arrived in the White Tower. I also think Nicola was influential in Egwene gaining respect and acceptance among the other Novices so quickly.

Favorites:

Aginor, because he created the awesome Shadowspawn and because I have a twisted fascination with mad geneticists.

Siuan, just because she talks about fish all the time and me like fisssh :wink:

All of the Brown sisters, especially Nesune and Masuri because they're just like me--absent-minded, obsessed with reading, studying everything in reach. Yeah. :D

Least favorites:

Everyone who's role is all intrigue and boring manipulative dialouge. Romanda, Lelaine, Bera, Merana...the list goes on and on.

I hate all the Aes Sedai. Period. I can't stand Egwene despite her slight coolness in not bending to the Mistress of Novices (Can anyone sense some severe BDSM, Sado-Masochism shining darkly through in the White Tower?), I hate Nynaeve, Cadsuane should have her head lopped off, Elayne is just annoying....hmmmm...IS there an Aes Sedai I like?

Ah!

Perhaps Aes Sedai before the breaking of the world. Perhaps Lews Therin Telamon...yeah I have to say I like him. But oops! What's that? Oh yeah, he's a guy!

The Aes Sedai of Rand's time are just annoying B*tches.

Of course there is Lanfear. But again, she came before the Breaking of the World. I would be tempted to say Moiraine was a good Aes Sedai and perhaps she is my favorite of Rand's time. But then again....naaaaaahhhhhhhh.

The Aes Sedai need the crap kicked out of them. Period. Serious come-uppance. Let the M'hael, my almost favorite character, Mazrim Taim do some Sedai kicking. I'd love to see that. Or perhaps Logain, my actual second favorite character. (Matrim Cauthon is my favorite, and I hope the Daughter of the Nine Moons also gets a serious come-uppance when it comes to him! Go Mat! And free all the Damane! But why is Mat my fave? Because he tells the Aes Sedai where to stick it...and he means it. No knuckling of the forhead and having Cadsuane whip his rear with flows of air like she does to Rand...oh no! Thank the creator for his little fox head angreal!

So...to answer the question...I don't have a favorite Aes Sedai. But I happen to like a lot of the Asha'man!

*makes a note to point the next Aes Sedai she sees in Verbal's direction :wink: *

CW, good point about Nicola. I have to admit, I didn't really take her performance in KoD into account. Don't see much of a likeness to Egwene though. In Salidar, I had Nicola down as downright nasty and spiteful with not a redeeming feature in sight. Guess going to the WT made her appreciate just how much better off she had been in Salidar and regret over making the mistake of leaving there is surely one of the motives for her paulian conversion. The other one is that she sees the difference between 'modern' Egwene and her followers and 'traditional' Elaida and Co. Guess she prefers the new ways of thinking...

I still am not that keen on her, but with KoD, there probably are others that are worse, so she is off the list *g*

I think liking the people, well in real life too, starts from small things, just some trait straight off that one likes, and then one focuses on them more than on others perhaps, so liking doesn't need to be a very rational thing. And its harder to like people one doesn't know, well impossible really. Well, on a general level it isn't hard to be likeable either.

Cadsuane for example, I think she's great and a very important person, but as for liking I tend to remember Vandene and Romanda's opinion of her, someone who can't keep her nose out of other people's business and always knows the right of everything. Well, I respect her, but can't see myself as liking her. There would be a possible topic here, what is liking? :wink:

I remember Moiraine thinking in New Spring about that Accepted who died in the test, Ellid was it, that she had only one real fault, but because of that it was very hard to like her.

I would have to say that Cadsuane is my favorite. She's such a tough ol' biddy that I just can't help but enjoy how she makes people squirm, mentally. For many of the same reasons, Siuan Sanche is another of my favorites, although the way she moons over Lord Byrne is ill-making.

I can't stand Galina. How any Aes Sedai could allow herself to be broken to that degree, Black Ajah or not, is just appalling.

Archived