DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aes Sedai "poll"

Guest Wynne Jessal

Guest Wynne Jessal

Not an actual radio button poll, because there's too many choices, but I'm curious as to where people stand right now.

Who is your favorite Aes Sedai in the entire WoT universe? Who is your least favorite? I suppose this technically includes LTT and all the Forsaken. But not the Asha'man/Wise Ones/Windfinders.

Guest cwestervelt

It's too hard of a call between Moiraine, Cadsuane and Verin to choose a favorite. The rest can go to the Pit of Doom for all I care. Now that Nynaeve has lost her block, gotten hitched and received a good dose of Cadsuane, she might earn a reprieve but I don't have much hope for the rest.

Moiraine because she is one of the few AS who retained any perspective as to what was going on in the real world, and who had any inkling of how to deal with The Dragon Reborn and TG.

Suian is a close second because she was Moiraine's partner in crime when came to dealing with The Dragon Reborn. Plus she is the only AS who has been any real help to Egwene is Salidar, all the other seem too concerned with their own agenda.

Cadsuane takes third place because she was the only one who could competently take up where Moiraine left off. Not quite as effective a Moiraine but still not doing a bad job.

Verin takes 4th place. Ironically for a Brown Sister she is very aware of what is going on in the real world, despite her space cadet demeanor. She has taken an interest in guiding The Dragon Reborn but to what end is yet uncertain. Plus, I love the mystery that surrounds her.

I should mention Nyneave, Egwene and Elayne I guess because I do like these characters, but their being AS has little to do with it. Somehow I just can't lump them in with the others AS, and I really don't think of them as such.

Guest Barmacral

Among the best would definately be Moiraine and Cadsuane. Sheriam and Elaida are definately the ones I like the least, Elaida is just too arrogant, and Sheriam, who was decent in the beginning of the series, is so broken now that she should just go hide in a corner for the rest of her life.

alnfear before she became lanfear. he name was merien or sumthing right, i think its funny how its all her fault the world has evils and they would still have peace in the world if she had'nt discovered the soon-to-be-bore and bore a hole into it she's what got the plot started so shes the coolet.

I don't know there are a lot that I like.

Of the Rebels I like Egwene and Suian

Of Elida's I like Tarna, the new head of the Reds (sorry I can't think of her name) and the BA hunters.

Of Rand's I like Cadsuane, Verin, and of course the one who should be the model for all Aes Sedai Moirane.

Moiraine. Definitely. She is good person just in general, she is polite, even to Rand when he is acting like a big jerk, she helped him a great deal more than most other people, not to mention he cared for her a great deal, which is more than can be said about other Aes Sedai (not including Elayne, Nynaeve, and Egwene). She is a great advisor for him to listen to, and he actually trusted her. She was definitely that greatest Aes Sedai. I rank her even above Cadsuane, whom everybody in the books seems to view as the Creator's sister.

Favorite = Moghedien. Love her. Love the Spider. Do it. You won't regret it.

Least Favorite = Be'lal. What a waste of one of the Chosen. Never had a real impact. Bummer.

Can you tell I like the Chosen the best? God, what I wouldn't give for a book on the AoL that showed them all fall to the Shadow.

I like Moiraine definately. She got on my nerves early, but I grew to respect her and then like her. I think that Lews Therin would have been a cool guy to have gotten to know before the whole "ILYENA(sp?), I killed you my love, ILYENA(sp?)!" He's still funny though.

Guest Cadsuane

Umm, Cadsuane is my favorite. Never would have guessed, eh?? ^_^

Egwene in KoD, Moiraine, Verin, and Tsutama (I think that's who I mean) get mentions.

While I dislike Elaida, she is a GOOD, NECESSARY character, and therefore not my least favorite. I'd say Alanna is pretty far down there. I know she lost a Warder, and that's awful, but she's quite irritating. Oh wait, Elayne. Yeah, Elayne is probably my least favorite AS. She needs a smacking.

Guest Wynne Jessal

I agree with most of you. Moiraine is my favorite, as the ideal representation of a 3rd age AS. Intelligent, crafty, beautiful, caring, courageous.. plus, she has the best Warder.

Verbal32, an AoL book would be AWESOME. *sends up a quick prayer for that* I would even go so far as to say scroo Mat and Tuon, and give me the AoL book.

Alanna is my least favorite. I hate her. I hate what she did to Rand, and how she acts like now he's legitimately her Warder, and also the fact that she was never really punished for it. And that Rand lets her get away with it. Avi, Elayne and Min needs to be waiting for her outside a dark alley at the end of AMoL.

scroo Mat and Tuon

I kinda feel that way as it is. The last three people I want to see staring in an outtrigger novel are Mat, Rand or Perrin. Not that I dislike them or anything but we've already got a 12 book series about them, so I think we already know them pretty well. I want outtriggers that deal with some of the more peripheral characters. And I agree that an AOL book would be great.

I agree that Moiraine is the ideal representation of a 3rd age AS, but as for my favorite... Cadsuane has to take the cake, followed closely by Moiraine, who is followed even more closely by Verin. As Moiraine was when we first met her, she is not one of my favorites, but since then she's killed Forsaken, gone to Rhuidean, and dealt with the Finn. That right there, deserves respect. :D

Guest cwestervelt

Hey, go easy on Alanna. Sure she's little irrationaly, rather temperamental... She's far from the worst though.

She's exhibits model behaviour if you compare her to someone like Liandrin.

Guest Wynne Jessal

There's just something about Alanna... her actions, her lack of remorse. Her posessiveness of Rand.

Something about that whole situation just makes me see red. I'm sure it's more a personal reaction... like, for some reason it just irritates ME.

But there you have it. I liked her in The Two Rivers, and I love Ihvon, but...

Moiraine is definately my favourite. A fantastic character. Everyone knows this so no need to comment further on that.

My least favourite would have to be Elayne...just because she bores me:P

But I don't really look at her as an Aes Sedai

she doesn't really fit in with the description.

So my least favourite AS is Elaida. Hate her...stubborn and stupid, almost everything that's wrong with the WT is because of her, she's almost worse for the tower than the Black Ajah if not worse.

Guest Cadsuane
Hey' date=' go easy on Alanna. Sure she's little irrationaly, rather temperamental... She's far from the worst though.

She's exhibits model behaviour if you compare her to someone like Liandrin.[/quote']

I would agree, except the nasty characters are SUPPOSED to be nasty, and so I can't quite dislike them the way I do characters that aren't supposed to be that way.

Or maybe it's just that I personally don't dislike evil people as much as I dislike people who are simply annoying. :lol:

Archived