DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who would you choose for the Zombie Apocalypse?

Mashiara Sedai

• Community Administrator

My husband has fallen in love with The Walking Dead.  So, he's been really into zombies for the past few months.  He was listening to one of the Walking Dead podcasts, and they discussed who you would choose to be part of your camp if you were facing the zombie apocalypse.  One interesting thing they added, though, was who would you choose out of fictional characters.  You can pick 10 fictional characters (from movies, television, books, etc.) but they can't have any special powers. 

We were discussing it, and here's my list so far:

1. Han Solo

2. Robin Hood

3. Sherlock Holmes

It's harder than you'd think to come up with skilled people.  Who would you choose?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hans too old, robins useless with no one to steal from, and I can't afford to keep Sherlock in meds.

but they all have strengths...

no special powers?

first I'm breaking the rules and taking Basel

the doctor is another species but has no special powers. I take him

I'm taking Darryl. maybe his other brother Darryl.

ummmmm

hmmm...

Ash Williams (for general badassery)

Robin Hood (cause you really need someone skilled in archery and ranged weapons in general)

Daryl Dixon (for both of the above reasons)

For close fighting and strategy:

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Aragorn

Xena

And Dr. Leonard McCoy... to find a cure or a vaccine or somesuch.

And my kitty.

I'm pretty sure time travel counts as a power in this case, because you can go back and prevent the zombie apocalypse from happening (and don't even try saying that event would be timelocked, the Doctor has prevented bigger things than this and you know it)

As for me:

1. Talahassee (Zombieland) for obvious reasons

2. Gordon Freeman (Half Life game series); intelligent, skilled with a large variety of weapons, has experience fighting zombies and much worse besides.

3. Big Daddy (Kickass); combat expert, comes with a fully-stocked armory of weapons and other gear - and a jetpack, never forget the jetpack.

4. Someone with military connections who can help raid bases for supplies (will fill this in later with an actual name if I can think of one).

5. The Frog-faced Doctor (A Certain Magical Index); a highly intelligent doctor whose skills have brought people back from the brink of death.  Experienced in genetics-level medicinal practices and may be able to develop a cure for the zombie plague.

6. Smeagol/Golumn (Lord of the Rings); cowardly?  yes.  dangerous to have behind you?  definitely.  But his skill in surviving on minimum sustenance and passing through areas undetected would be invaluable.

7. Farmer <insert name here>; crops are good, end of discussion.

8. Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass); I know it says no powers, so leave out his Geass ability and just keep who he is: a master strategist who can pull off daring and cunning plans, decimating the opposition with minimum-to-no casualties on his own side.

9. Winry Rockbell (Fullmetal Alchemist); expert mechanic who can build replacement mechanical limbs in case of amputation, or rebuild scavenged machines to aid our survival.

10. Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing (Hellsing Ultimate); an expert monster hunter, great experience in managing the time, resources and abilities of groups of exceptional people.

No special powers? Hm...

I´ll take Yoda anyway. He is wise and know what to do. 

I guess it would be good with some warriors. Aragon, Lan, Vin, Xena, Katnis, Aviendha...

Most of them know how to survive in the wilderness if needed.

Need someone that is good at medicin. Maybe Nynaeve. But she would probably just argue with the rest of the bunch and try to boss them around. 

And then someone that is good at technology. Who should that be? 

And I need a hot guy as well... Very important. Who should that be?

I need to think about this more.

1. Chuck Norris :wink:

2. Lan

3. Ruark

4. Avi

5. Dr Ross from ER

5. Bear Grylls - he knows how to survive

6. Moridin (even without special powers, but we could substitute with Johnny Depp if not available)

7. Lisbeth - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (great with technology, hacker extraordinaire)

• Community Administrator

See, Tina, I told you it was hard! :P

Fighters would be important, so Lan and Aviendha are great choices. I think they said no special powers because that would make it too easy. Imagine having Rand with you, or any other channeler. They could do everything! Get plants to grow, bring you water out of nothing, make it warm in winter/cool in summer, build walls of solid Air around the camp... No challenge at all.

I like the idea of MacGyver.

Also, Indiana Jones.

2. Lan

3. Ruark

4. Avi

5. Dr Ross from ER

6. Moridin (even without special powers, but we could substitute with Johnny Depp if not available)

7. Lisbeth - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (great with technology, hacker extraordinaire)

Why didn´t I think about Lisbeth? She is great. 

Moridin will fit into the "really hot guy" cathegory. 

2. Lan

3. Ruark

4. Avi

5. Dr Ross from ER

Why didn´t I think about Lisbeth? She is great. 

Moridin will fit into the "really hot guy" cathegory. 

We could make a happy camp together :wink:

you should have a few pieces of zombie bait on the team so you can trip them and run when you have to.

Dr House then, I was trying to decide between him and Dr Ross and I wanted the one who would survive longer

Archived