DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Ajah Thanksgiving Dinner: Favorite Foods and Traditions

Gudrean

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be perfectly honest - when I found out I had celiac and couldn't eat gluten I had no idea how to really cook or anything. I was in grad school and teaching full time, and Aidan was only like 6. I was a train wreck for a few months - then I harnessed my craving for baked goods and yummy food, and I LOVE being in the kitchen and learning new things and stuff now. And gfree foods weren't as popular yet then, so I spent like probably close to a thousand bucks that first month buying ready-made food from whole foods and similar places. On a teaching salary though, that was like all I could take from my savings comfortably before realizing I had to learn to cook or I would starve. 

ok so imma be alone tmw no big it's a hallmark home alone thing.

I'm making hunters stew for later on but I think I may cook the whole flipping bird feast.

I'm thinking roast turkey breast, sw potatoes, fresh cranberry orange walnut salad and maybe some mashed taters, or maybe little baby roasted ones. and gravy.

stupid made up holidays.

sigh.

Oh Cindy - I wish you were closer to where I live! :huh:  You could spend the day with my family.

I have an addiction to halmark holiday movies - I get my entire fill of romance during the month between thanksgiving and christmas. Other than that I generally go for action and adventure and fantasy - otherwise I just get depressed watching too much romance LOL. 

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived