DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

September Chatterbox

U4ea

A month in to the school year, the Middle Schoolers have not defeated me! And I think they might actually be learning something. :wink: Still trying to get more than a week at a time done on class plans.

Our local SCA event is 'next' weekend and I really don't want to have to try and do class plans the same weekend as an all-weekend event I'm helping run. Thankfully the week 'after' is short because of parent teacher conferences (I'm taking Monday off to recuperate after the event...and we get Friday off!)

Scouts just took off full swing, but thankfully despite some chaos in the leadership (the person who was taking over who I was supposed to just be 'assisting' ended up changing Packs and leaving the area.... so I almost ended up in charge without the time to do so. Did not end up happening. Much relieved.) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Abugar! The communities are groups of folks who are loosely based on their respective groups from the books that hang out online. Some groups have a focus, like the artists and crafters.

In terms of the Kin, we are a very small group of people who hang out, participate in monthly themes (this month is "random things"), and of focus is friendship and stress free enjoyment of DM.

That probably didn't help much. The best way to figure them out is to hang out for a bit and get comfortable. I'd recommend one of the smaller groups until you get familiar with how they work so you don't get overwhelmed. The Kin, the Aiel, and the Ogier are all smaller groups, and any of them would make a great place to start. I'm sure you imagine, I'm kinda partial to the Kin, hehehe.

Welcome to DM!

U4ea, thank you!

I feel like a bad WoT fan. I'm currently reading Lord of Chaos and I don't get "The Kin" reference. So, either I haven't been exposed to them yet, or I have and forgot. Both are possible and I would not be shocked to learn that I simply forgot about it.

I think I'll hang out with the Kin for a bit and maybe check out the Aiel too.

Again, thanks for the explanation. I look forward to participating more in the forums.

Archived