DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So maybe I should say hi

So I have been around here for a couple days now and aside from randomly bursting in on other threads, I haven't really posted anything...let alone a hello.

So, Hiya!

What to say about me? Let's see....

I haven't read WoT in a long time, but I picked it back up the other day....well, sort of. I picked up my Nook (a present from the best fiancee EVER....mine! ;) ), and I downloaded half of the series. So technically, I picked up the E-Reader....ANYWAY.....

I'm kind of a nerdy artist science geek, with a love of old history....primarily, mythology (Greek/Roman/Norse) and I love the ancient civilizations. One of my favorite past times is to compare modern maps with ancient writings and trying to figure out where each "mythological" place was located. Yes, I swear that is true. It's like a puzzle....which is something that I do love. And yes....I do believe that there was an Atlantis and it has yet to be uncovered.

Don't laugh! I believed in Troy when hardly anyone else did, and guess what? They found it! lol

My art includes comic characters, video game characters, noir, fantasy, and a little bit of portrait. I always use pencil, because I haven't figured paint out yet. I also write.

I said that I was a science geek. I like knowing how everything works. My favorite is physics, especially Quantum Theory, and I also study Astronomy and a bit of Psychology. Oh, and I'm also a part time ghost hunter...though I usually stick to digging up the history of the places that my team visits. I have gone on a few hunts.

I know, I know....now you're thinking... "Wow.....now this is an AWESOME chic!" And you are right, but there is more.

I'm really not arrogant, but sometimes it's just funny to pretend to be to see the reaction. I like to joke, laugh, banter. If I don't give my friends a hard time, then they think something is wrong. I am prone to long-winded rants in which at some point, I tend to forget the point that I was trying to make....and then crawl back into my own little world full of dragons, super heroes, books, and pan galactic gargle blasters. But I mean well, and I like making people laugh when I can.

So, um, yeah...that's about all there is. Looking forward to meeting all of you. :)

And I will leave you with one of my drawings that I'm actually quite proud of....Anyone like Final Fantasy? This is Lulu, a mage from Final Fantasy X. Enjoy. :)post-30885-0-31868900-1371733325_thumb.jpg

There are LOTS of FF lovers here, the least of which is my bonded, Rasheta... She loves Lulu.

It was the only FF I have played, and am about halfway through, but the disc is scratched so i cannot get further... :(

Anyway, welcome to the WT/Warders! We are a pretty nutty bunch, and you are MORE than welcome to join in at any time, to things that you can see, just follow the no-spam rules in certain Ajahs... lol! 

I am Rekinu Alasayaar, the Disc Leader of the Ren'Shai, make sure you stop by and visit the moat and the tavern in the Warders areas (if you havent already) though, i must warn you, a visit to the moat will precipitate a meeting with Bob... just sayin... lol!

:) if you have ANY questions, and you need answers, my inbox (and many other peoples) is always open!

Welcome once again!

P.S. the person above me is Kronos, a mentee of mine... he is half decent... >.>

Thank you! :) And I'm glad you like my drawing.

I like DM pretty well so far. The few people that I've talked to have been very nice, both here on the social and on the rp side. (I'm making a Novicious there too.) It will be nice to have some sort of interaction with people who don't use the phrases...."Mooooom, I NEED this new game!" or "Mommmyyyyy, I spilled my juice!" or "Honey.....what's for dinner!" ;)

Thank you! :) And I'm glad you like my drawing.

I like DM pretty well so far. The few people that I've talked to have been very nice, both here on the social and on the rp side. (I'm making a Novicious there too.) It will be nice to have some sort of interaction with people who don't use the phrases...."Mooooom, I NEED this new game!" or "Mommmyyyyy, I spilled my juice!" or "Honey.....what's for dinner!" ;)

Thats what DM is about, letting you interact with (mostly) mature people... unless you are the MoN... (Mistress of Novices) lol

Just so you know...... maturity isn't my strong point. The moment I finished school and went out into the "real world", I decided that I didn't like it and returned all of my credit cards, car keys, and marked all of my bills "return to sender". I have a Peter Pan complex. ;) lol

That he did....but my mind being what it is....

I actually forgot that particular word as I was making my last post. I'm epic and all, but I'm not all there  you know.

"But we're all mad here, my dear..." ~Cheshire Cat

Tonnalea my dissertation was on the causes of the Trojan war. Troy was very real. Not talking about the movie. The actual city and events did happen even if Homer makes a lot it use of Artistic ability adding gods all over the place. Welcome! :)

Ooooh! Luciena, I would LOVE to read that dissertation, I bet it is fascinating!  Most people that I know laughed at the idea of it, actually. But the Greeks based their stories mostly on things that they had seen but were unable to explain. A great deal of their stories were based from the layout of their lands. I've always believed that Homer wrote about things that he had seen or had heard about. (I did enjoy the movie though, despite the inaccuracies.)

I would give almost anything to be able to walk the Troy dig site. :) I think that I would cry.

hey, im chuckles, super awesome warder at your service :wink:

And FF (one of the few games i know almost nothing about >.>), there are alot of fans here

so aside from WoT, what other fantasy series have you read?

My favorites, of course, are Wheel of Time and A Song of Ice and Fire. I had started reading Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, but I started losing interest and stopped.

My interests vary though. I've read a ton of Piers Anthony books, Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams....too many books to name really, and some I have long forgotten the names of.

I go to bookstores and walk around until something calls out to me (I know, that sounds weird). Then I'll buy the book. Lately, it has been more non fiction than fiction. I have books written by Stephen Hawking and Michio Kaku. I have old textbooks, history books. I think the very last book that I bought (that wasn't an E-book) was The Rise and Fall of Rome. I have a very....eclectic taste.

i totally understand what your talking about, thats how i found WoT, it sorta called me, i had this moment in the bookstore, quite a fulfilling moment (i have to add)

btw we need to get you a nickname, how does tonal sound lol?

Welcome! I think you're going to like it here. It's like no other place. I love all of those series and share the same eclectic taste for both

reading and TV shows. I'm guilty of reading Idiot's Guide books just for fun. :rolleyes: I think you'd enjoy Aiel and The Band as well. :smile:

Welcome to the White Tower at DM, Tonnalea!  Based on what I've read so far, you'll fit in here just fine! :biggrin:

Once you have access to the other boards that you can't currently see, be sure to take a tour through the Ajahs and Warders' Yard and introduce yourself to everyone!  You don't have to wait for the field trip class to visit and hang out.  By you dropping in before your field trip, we'll all have a chance to corrupt welcome you!  We typically like to bribe shower initiates with cookies and other goodies. 

*leaves a trail of cookies back to the Blue Ajah so Tonnalea will be sure to find her way when she's given the keys that will unlock the Ajah doors*  :biggrin:

Welcome 

I also love ancient history. It fascinates me how people lived back then. Physics is fun, I kinda study it as a hobby. FFX is THE BEST GAME EVER :nods: it is known. 

. And yes....I do believe that there was an Atlantis and it has yet to be uncovered.

We will get along great. :biggrin:

Pralaya, did you know that the meaning of life really is math?

Look at the alphabet, where (no pun intended) it is quite clearly spelled out for us:

M is the 13th letter

A is the 1st letter

T is the 20th letter

H is the 8th letter

13 + 1 + 20 + 8= 42

Unfortunately, this could also prove that we are, in fact, being experimented on by tiny, white mice from an alternate dimension.  ;)

I'm terrible, I know. :D

Archived