DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lord of the Rings Mafia [Advanced Mafia] Town Wins!!!!

RandA lThor

This is his first major post. Isn't bothered about Darthe (just getting on his nerves) comments on me and Basel, but still carries on voting Dice. It would interesting to know what the post count, but as he mentions trains and me and Basel, I'm thinking Dice wasn't in any danger. then agrees with AH about people needing to post more. Charming from someone who hasn't really said much. 

Personnllay on the Darht thing ui agree...it's jsut more getting on my nerves more than anythign else.  But speed lynch gives no inofo.

The other trains

Tayla - being buddy buddy it's been stated. Soft defenses and what not.

Basel - didn't understand his case at first but AH's wo t has calraified a bit.  Dont' like his switch to tayla beacause it's not getting steam seems kinda conventient.

I'm still good with voting dice...i think his post about linking darthe and basel was werind and dind't make any sense at all.  Have heard little from him snece

Some people need to come and post more - specifically these people.

Need to post more:
Nyan
--Hasn’t been here much, but when she gets caught up she has commitment issues. Would like more on who she thinks is scummy and why. Possibly scummy.

Nolirion
Only recall him posting a couple of times and don’t remember anything remarkable about any of his posts...

RTE
Kind of fence sitting. Likes my posts. Hasn’t been around much. Have a good feeling. Maaaaaaybe town?

Hallia
See the rant in post number four. Has posted quite a bit without saying much of anything. I would like some more substantial thoughts.

Ley
Ley’s in this game?

Tiinker
Only posted once, it was game related and I think I liked it.

Lessa
Hasn’t been around much. Thinks both Cloud and Basel are scum. Maaaybe town?

Tigraine
Has only posted twice that I could think of/noticed. Neither were very long or specific, but I like what she DID say in both of them. Would like to hear more. Maaaaaybe town?

Pankuri
Has posted many times noting her confusion, once posting thoughts, and maybe a few other game related ones. Is really relying on the “newbie confusion” in my opinion. Scum?

Thorkin
He’s posted once to say he’s here I think?

Willing to go dice or basel

Yay people sare posting which mena s I can againXD

AH you gave me a headache so I'll try to make this short.

@AH you think I'm not posting a lot? This is going to sound bias but I think I'm doing really well seeing as I'm trying to be more active here in general and I don't post a lot anywhere currently. I think I'm doing really well with all my posts being game related instead of just saying I'm rereading (I'm also writing everything down that happens so I don't have to)

My thoughts so far.

On  my previous posts about Cloud and Basel, I find them both scummy and possibly mafia. I find Cloud more scummy than Basel though.

When it comes to Talya, I see how being buddy-buddy with pretty much everyone can be scummy. Last time I saw it done, it was one of the mafia.

One thing that stood out to me is Tiinker saying that Talya's case doesn't make much sense. I get that each person sees things differently but I think there's something there. Maybe mafia or builder team? (Is that the right one? It's been a while)

As for what's going on with Darthe, we have less than 24 hours for a lynch. Personally I think we should give him what he wants. Some of you don't like how he's playing so why not lynch him now? To those who are saying to wait till D2 or D4, why wait on someone who's claimed and can be a risk to town? For clairification I think that it's Dice, Cloud, Piano and Despo.

I feel bad doing this because I think this is going to be a great game and that we're just cutting you out of it. I came back for this game and I haven't been around in a while.

unvote Vote Darthe

I'm going to go through my notes tonight and tomorrow and go over who I find scummy. I might not be able to post tomorrow because I'm working but I'll do my best to keep up with what's going on

Please clarify the charilficiation...I don't get it...

^ asks Lessa for Clarification on something she said. 

I didn't think it was a good idea because of his eagerness. I have been a bomb in a game in which the only way I won was if a townie was the hammer and therefore went out with me.

My honest opinion would've been to ignore him.

I know I haven't been around and have helped AT ALL. But neither had he. Being a killer he would've won with the town. Therefore I didn't understand him tying the noose and trying to force it over his own head.

He did give us his thoughts on who he think is scum, unfortunately, we don't know his reasons why.

Mentions about Darthe saying his thoughts on who is mafia, but not the reasons why. Interesting Tigs comments here, I didn't get the ignoring someone bit, as he was town, seems an opportunist statement after the fact. 

I hope his reasons was to help town. What other reasons would there be?

I mean the reasons why he thinks those people are scum. I think it would be good to take a look as those people.  Darthe's rather good and I would trust his judgement.

Just a bit of clarification about Darthes list and wants to look at it. If he is mafia, I'm wondering how many on this list are actually mafia...probably not a lot. If any.

I want to do a full reread.  I'd like to look at Darthe's list and see if I can find why he finds those people scummy.  All and all I want to rethink everything.

I'm still not sure on dice...has spoken enough to say I'm here but hasn't contributed much.  Hally has kind of been the same, but I know she has been having cloudflare issues.

How about you Turin.  You ask me my opinion a lot.  Who do you want to look at?

Let us know what you find on your reread. Faffs around with not much else

I could go for Kronos too. Or cloud of course. Tho either is quite unlikely.

Darthe, who are your mafia reads? since you are about to go off "into the west" as it were.

Still holding with me and Cloud?

Now asking a question, checking to see if he is still a suspect. waiting for what he has to say on his reread. 

I have only time to check in sporadically today.  I'm doing a full reread when I get home.

not this day then...

I have only time to check in sporadically today. I'm doing a full reread when I get home.

all you have to do is vote EP.

I checked in and posted that message without catching up and hadn't seen Turins view yet.

vote EP

A vote

And Turin I think you misunderstood...I wasn't saying get all behind darthes reads. I'm saying I trust his judgement and it would be worth looking at those people more.

goes on about that list again..in response this time

Turin I use both depending on which device I am on. Mobile on my phone or normal on my computer.

Still waiting for comments on his reread.

There are a couple missed from Day one...his vote on Darthe, when he says I'm his third choice and that he would "rather do Basel not Cloud"

I'm uncertain about Hally's slip at the moment, could be an accident, I know I have posted something in one QT of one team in a post supposed to go in another QT (two games) and there were people would have known I was cult in the other game if they had seen it. I deleted quickly, but Ithi (who was Mod had caught it...I was so lucky no one else had!)Anyway I'm saying it can happen when playing more than one game. 

So at the moment I think we have a bit of time. We are two down on Mafia and we had a no kill last night. I don't like the way kronos has played up until now, in fact there hasn't been much playing. No real independant thoughts. And that 'reread' that never happened, or if it did we never saw any results from it. 

VOTE KRONOS

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote Hallia

I'm going to have to agree that it was a slip. I missed it on the first read, this is true, that's what happens when I read long long posts on my phone.  If Hallia is mafia then it kinda confirms Dap is town for me.

i agree it could have been a slip BG, but i dont think it confirms dap in anyway

If it was a slip then Dap would by definition of a slip be town or third party, no?

This makes sense how?

If Hally is mafia and it was an accident that she said that Dap was confirmed town, it would mean she knew he was town...hence it would have been a slip. As mafia she would know who wasn't mafia. So he would have to be town or 3rd party. If he is on her team, then she would be defending him, not a slip...a difference.

1. Turin

2. Arez Peace

3. Nya

4. AH

5. Nolirion

6. RTE

7. Hally

8. Tina

9. Dap

10. Basel Boromir, Even night Vig, killed Day 1

11. Cloud

12. Leyrann

13. Darthe King of the Dead, Miller lynched Day 1

14. Tiinker Saruman, Mafia Sympathizer with 1-shot recruit and godfather potential, killed Day 1

15. BG

16. Lessa

17. Tigraine

18. Pank  :wub:

19. Talya

20.WBK

21. Dice

22. EP Witch King of Angmar, Mafia Vote Controller lynched Day 2

23. Despo

24. Thorkin

Backups

1. BB

2. Chuckles

3. Vam

Turin: town

Peace: town

Nya: null

AH: leaning town

Nolirion: needs to play or be replaced

RTE: null

Hally: town read

Tina: null

Dap: can never read dap

Cloud: still unsure

Ley/BB: still too early to tell

BG: null

Lessa/chuckles: mafia

Tigs: not much to go on

Pank: if Turin is town then so is she

Tal: town read

Dice: mafia

Despo: leaning mafia

Thorkin: null

I'd like to focus a bit on chuckles right now.

vote tina

Day 3 already, lurkers are annoying

He votes Tina because she's lurking - ignores other lurkers

She's been pinging me and I don't really expect someone who's a pro to lurk (she's a pro right?)

And that noli person needs to start posting or get replaced

When asked about it, he says she's been pinging him - why?

Rereading, this was staring me in the face.  How did no one notice Despo?

Quick thoughts, I'll try to add more later on:

Darthe's Miller claim: I think BG was saying it's either you telling the truth and that you're a miller, or you're lying and most likely mafia, so it's sorta a 50/50 situation, assuming we can't trust or distrust you. I think you (Darthe) were jumping the gun a bit by saying he had the percentages wrong, when you knew what he was basically saying. That being said, I also don't like BG's idea of "just speedlynch Darthe cause losing a miller isn't as bad as losing a vanilla". While technically true, we really shouldn't speedlynch ANYONE day 1, as that removes chances to get mas info for the rest of the game. Day 1 is for info gathering. I realize he never said speedlynch, but his immediate vote and stated reasons kinda imply he'd be cool with that. So basically, I don't really wanna touch Darthe's early claim atm, and slight FOS on BG.

I really don't like this quick train that's building on Basel. His vote didn't really stand out that odd to me at all, and there were a few others who cast votes on Cloud that aren't getting any attention really. Might be an opportunistic mafia vote on his train. I also really like what he said recently bout the Cloud "joke vote". A joke vote is usually just silliness alone, don't usually see them reference someone else's case, unless they put "case" in joke quotation marks or something.

Strong FOS @ Dice for his "so if we lynch player X and they're town, you okay with being lynched the next day?" comment. Extremely manipulative and attempting to direct future lynches.

AH why Basel, because I can't see how his comment is pinging for you. Nor why it is the best way to go. 

Cloud's businees looks like people trying to jump on something and nothing and then we bring in  other games. Probably mafia amongst all those involved.

This however, is prob the strongest ping for me so far in the game (although I have been skimming somewhat due to time constraints). Underlined emphasis mine btw. Just a really really scummy line. Throwing out generic "some mafia are probably involved in this discussion" just reeks of trying to stir the pot while not clearly coming down on one side of a discussion.

Unvote, Vote Talya

Now knowing that Tal is town, he happily follows EP on the voting for her, tunneling pretty exclusively.

(this makes no sense, its the same like if you lynched a townie cuz you found the person scummy makes you scum)

^^^^ makes me feel even better about my vote on Talya

Continues

(standing by his vote)

Ok..back from cloudflare hell. 

Quick thoughts on my first scum/town impressions.  These aren't strong reads..just after a very fast catch up on the game.

Town:

BG

Darthe

Cloud

Scum:

EP

Talya

Dice

I see I'm not the only one  

Just tried catching up really quick, was skimming tho so I'll have to reread tomorrow.

AH and Dice have def risen up my scumdar. Still think the case on Basel is weak. Ignoring Darthe's claim cause he tends to always wanna make day 1 just about him if he has some kind of juicy role, it's an EP-like move that I don't like so I'm putting it aside for now. Quit bringing it up Darthe.

I still think Talya's "there's prob mafia amongst all those involved" is EASILY the biggest ping of the game. Really surprised there isn't more heat on her.

Nudging on Tal still

(agree with this)

What up Tiink!

I'm still abreast of this game, will add some more detailed thoughts later but catching up on the other gigantic mafia game I'm in fried my brain a bit.

I still think more of you should look at Talya.

More of the same

(and this)

Darthe you are being very annoying

Not even annoying, a tool

This.

And I have seen a lot that intrigued me so far incidentally, guess you haven't been paying attention. Talya is still highest on my scumdar, once I get finished playing l4d I'll make a more detailed case on her

The bolded below shows Despo defending EP while trying to remain neutral.

VOTE EP 

Just because...

Comes in with a "joke vote" on EP. Not a fan of joke votes on EP, since he's such an easy player to get lynched because of his playstyle, and a mafioso on his lynch early can jump off after it picks up steam and claim they were joke voting, and try to buy townie cred that way. Not saying I think EP is town btw

Now this quote has been brought up a few times by others, and Talya has tried maintaining recently that she wasn't defending Basel... just freaking read the quote. She isn't just asking AH for reasoning, she outright says she doesn't think Basel's comment pings. That's defending mate. Please don't turn this into a squibbling match about what is and isn't defending.

The biggest reason why I think Talya is scum however, is the part in bold. Here's how I read that statement.

"There's a bunch of people arguing over something inconsequential. There could be mafia on either side."

Talya, if this isn't what you meant, let me know. But for now it looks like you were just casting out a generic "there's prob mafia out there guys" statement that is just trying to be as neutral as possible.

If you thought mafia was pushing the Cloud vote not being a joke vote angle, you wouldn't have said "amongst ALL those involved". Just looks like you were trying to look like you were scumhunting without actually committing to anything.

And this jives right along with your tendency to defend just about anyone that gets in the limelight this game, you don't want to actually come out in support of a lynch that ends up bagging a townie, so you'd rather try to earn townie cred instead.

Why go after Darthe...I get that he could well be mafia, but there is a good chance he is telling the truth. Either way he is out there and we know. He slips up and we can see it. 

Defends Darthe, and I don't like the "he is out there and we know".... we DON'T know yet tho. We can only speculate. Could just be poor choice of words tho.

@ Tina, What has that got to do with it, I didn't think much of her reasoning.

Ah, well, the opening post was a garbled mess when I saw it. And I wouldn't expect him to claim anyway. I'm just saying a third party miller claim would be a great fake claim even if he weren't mafia. 

He could well be, but I would rather go for Mafia than go for third party at this stage. There is another option for Miller (and a town one)...if you think about it you might get there. 

You do seem to be pushing hard on this. 

Now, I have never said that I didn't think we should lynch a claimed Miller. I just didn't wanna speedlynch day 1. Imo, the perfect setup for today would have been to get pressure on a few people, get some info, then lynch Darthe right before the deadline, as that wifom just won't go away. Talya on the other hand, seems to not want to go for him at all for now. The only players that would benefit from a miller sticking around for a while is mafia, really.

@ Turin, When I read it it looked like a joke, I didn't see it as anything else. When people jumped on it I didn't see what they saw about it. However it doesn't mean I think Cloud is town. Heck, I would love to lynch him just for the Doc claim in the last game. I just saw something different from others. This game would be pretty boring if we all saw the same thing. 

Mafia straight up DON'T joke vote. Even if they think it's a joke vote, it's not, cause there is some kind of reason that they voted that person instead of just not "joke voting: at all.

Therefore, imo if you're defending Cloud's vote as a joke vote, you are basically thinking it unlikely that he's mafia at that point. And besides, why would you defend someone if you still thought they could be scum? The only people I EVER defend are people that I have townish reads on.

EBWOP, further note to Talya: it would have been more effective if you had chosen one or the other between defending me or attacking the case on Cloud. Doing both at once just comes off as awkward and contradictory, like you want to have your cake and eat it too.

don't know what EBWOP, don't like acronyms... :p however, not defending you and that you have jumped on the bandwagon in thinking I have makes you look like you are trying to jump on what others have said to get a lynch. I didn't choose to do either, I saw how things were. I asked AH to explain her 'ping' tis all...Couldn't see what she was getting at. So at the moment I'm suspicious of you in fact. 

Even Basel himself questions why you defended him, and suddenly you're suspicious of him? :rolleyes:

The only thing that caught my eye about Tina, was her bit where she said something similar to knowing Cloud was joking, at the end of the day, it's all about perception and you can't know how someone meant something only your interpretation. I'm hesitant on anything else, because at one point in games I always found her actions mafia and she was town, so a little cautious. I've been like that with Hally lately as well. 

As for people saying I'm sitting on the fence a bit, I find AH's statement on Cloud to be exactly that. Leaving something open if she wishes to choose and to say she thought something was there. I still found her vote on Basel a little over the top. There really didn't seem that much in her post and to suddenly say we would get most info from him...this I could understand after a couple of trains had gotten going, everyone had been chipping in, but they haven't. Then she brings me into that info...I see it as a bit of leap this early on day 1. 

Basel grabbing the idea I was defending him, because I asked for more from AH, made him look odd to me, he was really pushing it. (that's how it came across). 

Do we have a vote count, I can't remember who has what votes...

We need more people to join in...

The thing she brings up about AH in the second paragraph is deflecting, she never explains how she wasn't fence sitting, instead just chooses to try directing focus on AH's fence sitting. Not a good defense imo.

I didn't defend anyone though. I might not think that someone is the way to go at that time, or quite a few people at that point. But based on that Train (or whatever you want to call it) I didn't think there was enough info to say who was town or who was mafia, so I let it roll. I wouldn't (on just that train) go for any of them. It was Basel's reaction afterwards and the way he jumped on what other people had said, how he protested that I was defending him so much, go back and read it...You can hear feigned indignation in his post. 

Never defended anyone? Riiiight. :rolleyes:

And I never saw Basel protesting that you were defending him so much, that seems like you are greatly exaggerating a situation. Just because he thought it odd that you defended him as well as himself doesn't mean he was indignantly protesting your defense...

I was wrong in thinking you hadn't gotten much attention, a few have cased you this game, however not that many were voting you a bit ago.

All the stuff I laid out, as well as general sensitivity you have show in response to some cases against you, as well as your omgus flip flop on Basel, all tells me we might have bagged scum day 1.

Vote Talya yall

Bet they didn't plan on her being revealed as town so quickly.

(doesnt really make sense)

I also wanna point out that Ley has yet to check in, after a whole day we really should be either trying to poke him or replace him or something.

Thorkin has posted once so far.

Dice has posted vurrrrrry little actual game content lately, worrisome considering that he was starting to pop on multiple people's radars (including mine).

Nolirion and Hally have also posted too little for me to really recall anything of there's, so it would be nice to hear from them a bit more too.

Other than that, my scum list for now is:

Talya

Dap

Dice

Got pretty strong reads on those, and a fair number of others on my scumdar.

AIMITTN, I got something a bit juicy I think.

Two of the people on his scum list are town.

(how do you know dap's town?)

You say it was obviously meant for consolidation however there were others here waiting for answers from him, if you were caught up up to that point you should have seen that. There were those not voting him yet posting, you could have left it to one of them to throw the hammer. Yet you hammer him say nothing about it being for consolidation and leave. That is why people suspect you because of your hammer.

This is my case on cloud

I know I'm town. I can't easily find your quotes as I'm on ny phone. I believe there was a point that you talked about be willing to lynch either talya or Kronos and that you preferred talya. If I can get my WiFi working I will try to find it.

You have again sidestepped the main question tho. What is your case on Cloud and why are you now pushing his lynch? It looks to me like you just flat out do not now want to see Kronos lynched. Why?

I had more on Talya than I do on Kronos, I only have like one or two comments from kronos that were iffy. Stop twisting my shit. I didn't say I preffered Cloud over Kronos I'd push either or. Why do you want Kronos so bad? Tunneling?

I'm leaning Kronos as the possible third mafia.  He and EP both mention they think he could be scummy, and that they're going to do a case on him, but they never quite get around to doing it.

Vote DaPianoPlayer

Little minicase on him inc

Starts to build cases on another townie

( :rolleyes:)

my response should be in blue unless the codes get messed up 

Takes apart Hally's case on Despo - beginning of why he would vote hallia?

Sorry - accidently hit reply to posts instead of scrolling down.  Here is the rest

Chuckles, Tina has more posts than about half the game. Also Why are you defending Despo? I am sure he can do a fine job of it himself.

less defending despo and more trying to break down the case to see it makes sense

and thats why i called tina out, the last day and night she's been fairly quiet so id like her to post more 

Turin asks why defending despo - Chuckles explains - makes sense - still focusing on Tina's lack of posts - why is she pinging?

im ok with a hal lynch but for now

unvote

@mod: could please change the title to D3?

(its confusing on the phone)

Ok with a hallia lynch and unvotes Tina

im ok with a hal lynch but for now

unvote

@mod: could please change the title to D3?

(its confusing on the phone)

Why are you unvoting?

Peace asks why?

i agree it could have been a slip BG, but i dont think it confirms dap in anyway 

Reason why

why did you unvote?

Why again?

why did you unvote?

i unvoted tina cuz as far as i can see, 1 vote can be ignored and id rather vote someone who i believe is scum

So you're willing to vote hallia, but want to vote someone you believe is scum...do you think she's scum or not?

If it was a slip then Dap would by definition of a slip be town or third party, no?

or probably a way for mafia to keep on spreading wifom 

possibly

I said why I thought Dap was town.  I confirmed him in our other game, and it was on my mind.  I did have a 1-shot viewing last night, however.  Got a town clear.

wait, so your saying in one game we have turin who also got a 1 shot and we also have you with a 1shot and we have peace with his weird role that he ignores if any asks him about it 

Hallia and Chuckles starting to talk about her view - beginning to rolefish

I said why I thought Dap was town.  I confirmed him in our other game, and it was on my mind.  I did have a 1-shot viewing last night, however.  Got a town clear.

wait, so your saying in one game we have turin who also got a 1 shot and we also have you with a 1shot and we have peace with his weird role that he ignores if any asks him about it 

2 things.  Who said I had a role?  I said I had information.

Another..where have I ignored questions about it?

but you havent been exactly been very clear about it either 

(im going to go back and find it or it might be something i read wrong)

Explain to me how being exactly clear helps town?

i understand your reason for being vague (your hiding a townie)

but (and its a big one) how can we as town trust you 

Did the whole convo to facilitate reading - chuckles rolefishing

2 things.  Who said I had a role?  I said I had information.

Another..where have I ignored questions about it?

but you havent been exactly been very clear about it either 

(im going to go back and find it or it might be something i read wrong)

Explain to me how being exactly clear helps town?

i understand your reason for being vague (your hiding a townie)

but (and its a big one) how can we as town trust you 

You don't, but I will flip at some point.  You don't have to know everything now.  Especially if you are scum. 

Why aren't you voting Hally?

peace asks again...why aren't you voting Hallia

Actually I prefer the hal train

vote hal

then he does

To sum up:

votes an inactive that is pinging him - doesn't explain why

unvotes and says he's ok with a Hallia lynch - no vote on hallia

Pressured a bit by BG and moreso by Peace

States he'd rather vote sucm than hallia

Votes hallia

I feel comfortable with a chuckles vote

vote chuckles

you mixed up games, it happens

but you also having a 1x shot cop thing and you found a townie and then you say leave me for this i can redeem myself?

look at it from this side of the field hal, it does seem too convenient 

so your going to ignore her slip and vote me instead?

You yourself seemed indecisive about her lynch.

you said "[you] agree that it could have been a slip"

I think she explained what happened and I'm willing to see how things progress.  Right now I'm more comfortable with you.

Hallia, if you are telling the truth and you had 1 shot cop, you have absolutely no reason to not tell us now. It basically gives us a Mason type relationship between you and your viewed. Not as simple as that, but I'm planning on lynching you right now anyway because it sounds like you are trying to cover your butt. Confirming who you viewed is the townie thing to do. Waiting until night means you are trying to save your skin from a lynch rather than help town.

Hallia, if you are telling the truth and you had 1 shot cop, you have absolutely no reason to not tell us now. It basically gives us a Mason type relationship between you and your viewed. Not as simple as that, but I'm planning on lynching you right now anyway because it sounds like you are trying to cover your butt. Confirming who you viewed is the townie thing to do. Waiting until night means you are trying to save your skin from a lynch rather than help town.

I agree...I thought her..um statement was awfully convenient.  Now it looks like WBK is coming to her rescue. 

i dont think i believe you Hally. Mafia know who the town are,more or less and a 1 shot cop claim is very easy for them to use as a fake claim. the odds of AH coming out and saying "im not town" are miniscule no matter if you are telling the truth or lying.

Vote Hally

So the good news is, if we lynch Hally and she turns up town, AH is most probably cop vetted at this point without actually offing a power role. If we lynch Hally and she turns up mafia, we killed a mafia. Win/win.

I don´t know what to think about Hallia. 

I agree that Chuckles reason for voting me was odd and also the way he unvoted me. 

Still I think that Kronos is the way to go today. I think Turin made a good case and I´m wondering why not more people consider it as an alternative.

In the latest vc I show up as not voting. To be sure Unvote. Vote Kronos

Archived