DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Month of the Greats - Ithi & Rhea's Excellent Adventure

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I think you might have it Cindy.

The group waited till low tide and scrambled down the rocks to the beach and then cautiously entered the cave. There didn't seem to be anywhere that the next clue could be hidden though

Or maybe not lol. Let me have another look at that iPad thingy.

Hmmmmmmm the screen has changed. It now says 'Please provide confirmation'. Does it take pictures? Perhaps that will work.

*click*

cave_zps1e1f0952.jpg

The screen went dark again and then the following words appeared

From King to King - where freedom was never taken. 2nd to 3rd brought our independence.  My body fell while my heart still traveled -till it rested in the rose.

Excellent Cindy :biggrin: we have solved the first clue. And now our quest continues. Where do you think the next clue will be found?

ugh I do not know British history, so...

monarchs in a part of Britain never conquered... with independence assured and I'm thinking something like Edmund but... I do not know nada about this...

rose, Stewarts or Tudors?

or the war of the roses but that's ...

um...

this kind of research I need more waking for.

still, one of these stops ha o be Stonehenge... there's some story aboit Merlin having it constructed to mark a burial, no?

*looks around the cave then back at the words on the iPad*

I agree, Via. But I don't think William Wallace was a King. Was he?

no he wasn't. Robert the Bruce became king of scotland though, and made peace with the English with King Edward the third after edward the second was deposed. when Robert died he was buried in Dunfermline abbey, except his heart that went to Melrose abbey

That all seems to fit perfectly, but there's only one way to find out for sure. We have to go to Melrose Abbey in Scotland.

I think Robert wanted to go on the Crusades to the Holy Land, but he died before he could go. One of his friends is said to have taken his heart in a golden casket instead. Apparently that still counted. And then his heart was buried separately in the Abbey.

To the Train Station!

A while later a very tired group arrives at the Abbey.

Time to test that answer now

*click*

Melrose-Abbey.jpg

The iPad screen goes dark again, before the following words appear

Robert The Bruce. King of Scotland was a Bearer of Excalibur.

They all looked at each other, only now perhap realising that their Quest was to discover other Bearers of Excalibur - and once they found them another clue would be revealed, moving them slowly forward in time until they found the actual sword itself!

The screen darkened again, and the now more familiar writing appeared.

Plagued by visions from God, rising from ashes of war, the sword raised to the heavens, thrice burned before the cross, a martyr at the door. Now clad in gold to guard once more.

Now where to? Or should we find a nice hotel to rest in?

Archived