DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Month of the Greats - Ithi & Rhea's Excellent Adventure

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The group watched as Tina entered the possible password. The screen went black ...

The room went silent as the group collectively held their breath.

And then the following words appeared.

That what was thought lost was not drowned. Begin with my Bearer's beginnings. Twice in the day you may start the path from the wizard's home.

Yes! Well done Tina :biggrin:

We are on a quest to find Excalibur! How exciting! I think we need to use this clue to find the location of the next one. Does anyone have any ideas?

excaliburs bearer could be a couple ppl or things but most likely Arthur

Arthur's beginnings could refer to birthplace, story/first written mention or I think more likely initials of his name

which might be k a for King Arthur or a p for Arthur pendragon?

and farther I cannot see.

I'm doubtful but we all began with The Big Bang Theory. TBBT

I'm just as confused about Twice in the day you may start the path from Myrddin's (Merlin) home unless its something about the hut he had in the woods.

or the crystal cave if we're using other sources...

what was thought lost was not drowned, Excalibur held and returned by the lady in the lake?

twice in the day making me think of a twelve hour clock but still not making any sense.

also kinda makes me think o twice dawns the day, is there an Arthurian correlation there?

and... I think I'm over thinking it.

• Community Administrator

That what was thought lost was not drowned. Begin with my Bearer's beginnings. Twice in the day you may start the path from the wizard's home.

I don't think I'll be much help because I know next to nothing about the Arthurian legends.  But, Excalibur was held by the Lady of the Lake, but "not drowned."  So the first part could be about the sword.  The middle, I don't know, since I haven't a clue about where Arthur began.  But the last part could also be about the Lady of the Lake.  Wasn't there some sort of island that she lived on, out in the middle.  Cindy's guess about the tides could mean that a path is revealed to the island twice a day?

(Seriously, I'm useless for this part)

That what was thought lost was not drowned. if not Excalibur maybe Avalon itself?

Begin with my Bearer's beginnings. *Cornwall *

Twice in the day - not tides? sunrise and sunset? noon and midnight?

you may start the path from the wizard's home. so many different versions of the story... wales? north wales? or be wick under the stone? or Avalon?

ugh... not the mists I Avalon, you're looking fir a place not a book

not castle tintargel?

Archived