DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brownies

Basel Gill

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah but the tiramisu omg yum

I used those Stella doro s shaped cookies, but any any anything would work, soaked them a bit in strong coffee and Kahlua, , spread a layer of bittersweet sinphony ice cream, shaved dark chocolate, cream whipped w espresso powder, kahlua, cocoa and sugar, repeat cookie layer, straight up coffee ice cream, repeat all the layers, dark chocolate ice cream, top w lotta aforementioned cream pretty up w chocolate shavings and a dust of cocoa and crumbled crunches of chocolate biscotti.

freeze hard.

that I will vouch for.

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

so so so yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

is so decadent...can't wait to try

you can't go wrong with choclate and alco

wait this gives me idea...nighty nighty.

thanks for the recipe:)

• 2 weeks later...

so I'm thinking brownie trifle, but I don't want to put my friends in a coma, so thin layers of crumbled brownies, coffee ice cream, unsweetened whipped cream with brandy, and walnuts browned in butter. repeat, repeat, whipped cream and dark chocolate espresso syrup on top.

or we could just go with gelato and fresh fruit.

see how the day goes.

there's also something I was thinking about with strawberries and cream cheese lightened with whipped cream, some orange zest, little grand marnier, but only the wife will eat that.

maybe I should just cover the strawberries with chocolate...

um...

I'm making too much food again.

this is how I end up with neighbors in the house.

better make sangria, that'll keep them quiet anyway.

yeah, I've had enough sugar for a bit, I'm getting ready to start cooking for tomorrow.

I could just wing it... oh, wings... dang... next time....

but I'll spam the menu instead.

fel free to make suggestions, I get very anxious when guests come over and when I'm anxious I cook.

you may have noticed.

no, I don't just post about cooking. I over feed my friends family coworkers and neighbors. stops me from over feeding myself somehow. balances my universe.

k, so appetizers, keeping it real simple.

whole meals real simple, I'm tired.

tortilla chips and salsa, what we can ourselves, last of last falls. wanted to make guacamole but the avocados aren't ripe :(

crackers, cream cheese, triple cream Brie, and plain chèvre, with hot pepper jelly. not my homemade, I didn't do any last fall, but I will thus fall. it's real good with cheese. like... I would be happy with only that or any meal.

and fresh fruit, I got son today, I'll get more tomorrow, whatever looks nice.

and southwestern kinda spicy cashews and almonds, and maybe some sea salt mixed nuts. I'll start putting everything in the cupboards out ... I don't know why, I hear Amish ppl do that. I'm not Amish.

was gonna have baby greens for a little salad with balsamic and olive oil but he gardens too wet to get them, so... well see tomorrow.

main course roast chickens, small ones, slow till they're falling off the bones tender. by request, I personally don't like overlooking stuff but... it'll be good.

if it want so yucky out I'd ave smoked them in my kettle grill with sage and rosemary and the oregano that can't be killed. but it is yucky, so... in the oven they go.

sweet potatoes with Granny Smith apples and apple jack. these will not be overcooked. sentimental recipe, my best friends mother in law always used to make these before she passed away.

yellow potatoes, mashed or smashed with cream and fresh herbs. those are planted at the edge so I can get to them.

Brussels sprouts, if I have the time I'll bread them and sauté them in garlic and oil but most likely they roast too. they're very fine breaded and sautéed tho. meh, well see.

cauliflower done some way or other. maybe carrots, usually do. I'm thinking glazed in ginger, I like them that way.

probably a marinated salad with whatever else I have in Italian dressing. perhaps baked beans. ok, just checked the cupboard. def. baked beans.

and dessert, as noted, remains to be decided.

I'm kinda torn cause its their anniversary weekend and I'd like to feed the hell out of them. but... they're not in good health and tho I am next door o the medivac helicopters landing pad (that's the high school parking lot) the ambulances are slow and... well.

there's always gelato.

I'm not feeling a yen to bake.

nope, didn't do that. got lazy and made an ice cream espresso trifle.

but the guests were way too well fed and not only sat through all the credits of the hobbit (and may I just say... gah, blech, and to Peter Jackson.... </3) but wanted to watch the special features!

so.... hope I've learned a lesson about feeding people too much if I don't want them to stay so long.

I haven't but I can still hope.

Archived