DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome to the Band Spyro!!

If that's not a nickname idea, I don't know what is!!  :tongue:

So are you having fun yet Spyro? 

*passes over a keg or two of Bandy*  You'll need that to wash down the other swill you've been drinking.  :wink:

Yes, actually. Haha. MEaningless banter always keeps me entertained at work :3

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was Australian I'd definately follow Ozzie rules, I was able to go to a game once in Melbourne and it was amazing!  Football (soccer to you US types), rugby, cricket...  Meh, I pay attention to the Ashes, mostly because since we started to win once in a while it's BIG in the news here.  I know enough to know the rules for most popular UK sports, but don't follow.

I am trying desperately to get fit enough to be able to fell-race though.  If I had to have a sporting hero it would probably be either Joss Naylor (he had a bad back injury when young, but decided that it hurt regardless and ran anyway) or Helene Diamantides.

fell race? whats that?

I played Aussie Rules in school and grew up watching it. My grandfather played professionally for the kangaroos.

BFG i REALLY want to go to a game in melbourne  an aussie rules crowd even in sydney is much more awesome then a league crowd but Melbourne would be even better    Essendon v Collingwood Anzac day   someone get me tickets!

I tried Aussie Rules for three straight year. Hated it. My dad's family are all huge about it though.

No way I'd ever be able to play it.  I lack many fundamental qualities to be a good sportsperson, lack of agression being one of the worst (I still blame my volleyball coach, when he was tryng to get me to spike the ball, he kept telling me to imagine it was my maths teacher.  My maths teacher was my Dad, and I never went through the teenage rebellion phase)

fell race? whats that?

I played Aussie Rules in school and grew up watching it. My grandfather played professionally for the kangaroos.

BFG i REALLY want to go to a game in melbourne  an aussie rules crowd even in sydney is much more awesome then a league crowd but Melbourne would be even better    Essendon v Collingwood Anzac day   someone get me tickets!

I think it was St Kilda's vs Collingwood (sp?), it was amazing, such a great atmosphere, both on pitch and amongst the spectators.  I've seen Man Utd play a couple of friendly's and even in a friendly their's an animosity to it :(

A fell race is a bit like cross-country running, but over rougher terrain and up (and down) mountains.  Generally accepted that to run a 5km fell race (if you can find one that short) you need to be abe to easily run 10km on the road.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fell_running has some basic information.  I'm still working towards being able to run 5km in one go, so I'm a way off yet.

Oi!!  (to quote one of my favorite Aussies :wink: )  Stop hijacking the welcome thread!  I don't think Spyro is interested in this at all and well...we've taken over his Welcome thread with non-Welcome thread stuff.  Go start your own thread!  :tongue:

Archived