DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

13 x 13 Turning

Barid Bel Medar

Will Turned Channelers be Healed?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Will Turned Channelers be Healed?

I don't think turned channelers can be healed because their soul is gone. Over and over again through the Wheel of Time books they allude to eyes being windows to the soul. Take Trollocs for example, they always talk about how Trollocs have "all too human eyes" and i believe this means (As the dragon theorized) that they have the soul of humans trapped inside a trolloc body. That the wheel spun them into the world as humans but the corruption from the darkness caused them to be born as Trollocs.

When someone is turned that soul (the all too human eyes) is gone from the Channeler. I think their soul is then back into the abyss waiting to be respun into the pattern.

• 2 months later...

It is the descriptions of how Turned channellers feel when looked at face to face that makes me feel that it cannot be Healed, unless they are killed and then reborn. That is why I voted no, even reading RJ's quote, it makes me feel that it will require a deus ex machina solution.

I feel that Healing Turning would detract from the story as it is now.

Knowing that there is a serious vulnerability in being able to channel, helped me to think of Aes Sedai and Asha' man in an even more courageous light, that whether they know it or not,  they are putting themselves at risk in such an extreme way to stop the Shadow.  

Only the story that Moiraine told of all those women marching to defend Manetheren from the Shadow is more harrowing, and makes me think that this risk is partly why they all deserve to called  Aes Sedai, or  Asha man, because even if they knew the risk, they would still stay in the White Tower or the Black Tower to learn to channel and serve their world to the best of their abilities. I would think that it would take away the danger if it could be undone.

Off course they can be Healed.

I just fell that it would alter the story to have all the channellers Healed from it, hence my post above. This made all that happened in those scenes harrowing and made me care for what happened there as much as to whom it happened to. 

Yes, it can be healed.  Just as the turning requires 13 dreadlords channeling though 13 fades, the reversal requires 13 Aes Sedai channeling through 13 dead mules.   Its as easy as that.

which mules? rand, mat, bela? lol

Yes, it can be healed.  Just as the turning requires 13 dreadlords channeling though 13 fades, the reversal requires 13 Aes Sedai channeling through 13 dead mules.   Its as easy as that.

which mules? rand, mat, bela? lol

Why the dead mules that are found with in the works of all southern authors, of course.

Since Fades were involved in the process, and all fades were killed once the DO was sealed, I would assume that every channeller turned goes back to normal. 

But most of them are probably already dead anyway...

I would say more relevant than stilling is the fact that Nynaeve healed the taint induced madness. If she can do THAT, i'd bet she can figure out how to undo Turning. 

Do Turned souls revert to their original self once they re incarnate in a new Age?

Since Fades were involved in the process, and all fades were killed once the DO was sealed, I would assume that every channeller turned goes back to normal. 

do you have support for either of these assertions? there were hundreds, if not thousands, of fades left. its likely there would be a few years of 'mopping up' campaigns by the survivors.

Sure, thousands of channelers were killed; but there were thousands unaccounted for in the last book. who knows what happens to them?

do you have support for either of these assertions? there were hundreds, if not thousands, of fades left. its likely there would be a few years of 'mopping up' campaigns by the survivors.

Sure, thousands of channelers were killed; but there were thousands unaccounted for in the last book. who knows what happens to them?

Wasn't there a sentence or paragraph saying everything connected to the shadow was dead once the DO was resealed?  Around where it mentions the blight utterly withering away...

Since it took the evil inside the fades to turn a channeller, and therefore the evil of the DO, wouldn't it stand to reason that once the evil of the DO was gone from the world, the evil inside these people's heads would be gone?

Since it took the evil inside the fades to turn a channeller, and therefore the evil of the DO, wouldn't it stand to reason that once the evil of the DO was gone from the world, the evil inside these people's heads would be gone?

Evil of the DO gone from the world?

Not gone; just sealed better. The world still remembers the DO, and I don't know how much of the blight actually dissipated; theres a quote saying that the blight was in a different "world" or "layer" similar to TAR, but less removed from the physical world. I personally am not comfortable with that concept, i'd rather say that of the area around Shayol Gul and perhaps the blight is linked to it, but still a part of the physical world that needs to be addressed.

Archived