DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Yellow Ajah's Valentine Day Celebration: Dream Date!

AesSedaiGuy

Hi everyone!

Novice AesSedaiGuy here. (ASG is fine). And this discussion will focus on the subject of Dream Dates.

Dream dates can mean many things, which we will explore as we move along.

Dream dates are the stuff of myth and legend it seems. Are they real? How do you find them? What do you do with them? Will they disappear? LOL

Dream Dates evoke all kinds of images to different people. Flowers to some, the Eiffel Tower to others. Perhaps candles and chocolate covered strawberries, or a vigorous game of WoW.

Whatever your Dream Date, we want to hear about it and share ideas and *dreams* here. :)

In honor of Valentine's Day lets get started by using the questions below to begin our conversation on this thread.

1-What is your definition of a Dream Date?

2-Have you ever HAD that Dream Date, or is it still a Dream?

3-If you have gone on your Dream Date, tell us a little about it? Did it meet your expectations?

Would you change anything? What were some sweet moments or what were some cute

moments?

Happy Valentine's Day. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-What is your definition of a Dream Date?

My idea of a dream date isn't (believe it or not) a cliche trip to Paris, or an over the top romantic, sunset beach thing.

No, my idea of a dream date is one where I can actually go out and have a truly terrific time with someone I care about, where I don't make any stupid mistakes, and there are no awkward interventions. One where I can walk out of it at the end knowing that the two of us had as much fun and enjoyment as we could.

I don't really care what the setting is, or what particular activity the date consists of, as long as it was the best case scenario you could get out of going on a date like that.

2-Have you ever HAD that Dream Date, or is it still a Dream?

I'm afraid not.

I've had my dream dates and I will make more.

This is unusual for most women.   :happy:  

I like camping.  I like hiking, swimming, fishing, cooking over a fire, looking up at the stars, reading in the tent and the peace and quiet of the outdoors whether it be oceans, seas, lakes or mountains and I like sharing it with someone.

I've done this with my husband many times both before and after we were married.

• Community Administrator

For some reason, I've always had this mental image of my husband and I in a field of flowers and tall grass, he's in a white shirt with blue stripes and pants, and I'm in a sundress.  He takes me in his arms and spins me around while the wind rustles the grass.  *sigh*  It hasn't happened yet, and I don't think it will.  But we joke about it all the time.

Tyler, I think you'll be surprised how many people would agree with you. And you described my first date with my wife. It was a Dream Date like that.

Ry, that is sweet. Simple and sweet. And it sounds like a beautiful setting too. :)

Mashi, that sounds very nice. I can see the two of you. What is it about meadows and field s of flowers that is so peacefully romantic?

I especially love how specific you are ... And tthe spinning around.

Why don't you think it will happen?

• Community Administrator

Mashi, that sounds very nice. I can see the two of you. What is it about meadows and field s of flowers that is so peacefully romantic?

I especially love how specific you are ... And tthe spinning around.

Why don't you think it will happen?

*ggls*  I feel like a childish girl when I say things like that.  I seriously can't come up with a reason why I picture the meadow, only that there's lots of space for the spinning.  The spinning is the important part.  It's sweet and fun and you both laugh and then when you stop, you can collapse into a hug.  It sounds so cute to me!

I don't think it will happen because we are getting older.  Not young enough to spin around anymore.  :P

@Ry ... LOL

So your husband gets many dream dates? :)

@Mashi, I totally understand and I think you're never too old to spin. I especially love that is WHY you chose the meadow ... Enough room to spin! You can make this happen. Maybe we'll hear about it this Valentine's Day! :D

I would have to agree with Tyler! My dream date would have to be spending time with someone special at a location that is beautiful, most likely in nature, and having everything go right. No awkward moments or saying the wrong thing cause you're so nervous, just being confident and happy and laughing and smiling the whole time. I LOVE the idea of having a weekend with my hubby camping and horse back riding and hiking, WITH NO KIDS STRESS!!!!! Just the fresh air and sunshine in the day and the stars and sounds of nature at night...Ahhhhhh dreamy =)

While I'm generally a NON-romantic person (romance can often bug me.. LOL.. my poor hubby tries to be romantic and .. I just don't get it...), my dream date still consists of a fun activity (like playing around on the seadoos at the cabin), or hiking in the woods with no one else around and being able to talk about anything and everything and be in nature, or go to a nice restaurant or movie, and hang out.

I've had several of these dates, before getting married and after... I just love to be able to spend time with my mate, no matter what we're doing!!

Hi my name is Daruya and I'm not all that romantic either. My husband, OTOH, is . . . :biggrin:

Dream dates . . . well, I've had a few. Biggest/best was when hubby and I went to the summit of Mt. Yumihari in Japan in 1992 which is where and when he proposed. That was a wonderful day and we had an awesome time together, hiking, talking and planning.

Another dream date I'd love is to stay in a cabin the mountains and enjoy time outdoors - hiking, white water rafting, horseback riding, etc., during the day and sitting in front of a crackling fire in the fireplace at night or sitting outside and looking up at the stars, unencumbered by the glare of artificial lighting that would rob the stars of their glory. Breathing in fresh, crisp mountain air and seeing majestic trees reach their branches toward heaven in an effort to touch the sky . . . Reveling in the beauty of nature and God's creation with my hubby beside me. Yeah, that would be awesome.

@Ry ... LOL

So your husband gets many dream dates? :)

@Mashi, I totally understand and I think you're never too old to spin. I especially love that is WHY you chose the meadow ... Enough room to spin! You can make this happen. Maybe we'll hear about it this Valentine's Day! :D

Many! It makes up for my unwillingness to cook.

I would have to agree with Tyler! My dream date would have to be spending time with someone special at a location that is beautiful, most likely in nature, and having everything go right. No awkward moments or saying the wrong thing cause you're so nervous, just being confident and happy and laughing and smiling the whole time. I LOVE the idea of having a weekend with my hubby camping and horse back riding and hiking, WITH NO KIDS STRESS!!!!! Just the fresh air and sunshine in the day and the stars and sounds of nature at night...Ahhhhhh dreamy =)

My favorite part of this ... The subtle recognition that KIDS = STRESS. LOL

So you and Tyler would say Dream Dates are more about a state of mind, not necessarily a location or setting?

While I'm generally a NON-romantic person (romance can often bug me.. LOL.. my poor hubby tries to be romantic and .. I just don't get it...), my dream date still consists of a fun activity (like playing around on the seadoos at the cabin), or hiking in the woods with no one else around and being able to talk about anything and everything and be in nature, or go to a nice restaurant or movie, and hang out.

I've had several of these dates, before getting married and after... I just love to be able to spend time with my mate, no matter what we're doing!!

I especially love :

"I just love to be able to spend time with my mate, no matter what we're doing!!

I agree, those can be the best. And I also see you listed some activities that are fun for you as well.

Hi my name is Daruya and I'm not all that romantic either. My husband, OTOH, is . . . :biggrin:

Dream dates . . . well, I've had a few. Biggest/best was when hubby and I went to the summit of Mt. Yumihari in Japan in 1992 which is where and when he proposed. That was a wonderful day and we had an awesome time together, hiking, talking and planning.

Another dream date I'd love is to stay in a cabin the mountains and enjoy time outdoors - hiking, white water rafting, horseback riding, etc., during the day and sitting in front of a crackling fire in the fireplace at night or sitting outside and looking up at the stars, unencumbered by the glare of artificial lighting that would rob the stars of their glory. Breathing in fresh, crisp mountain air and seeing majestic trees reach their branches toward heaven in an effort to touch the sky . . . Reveling in the beauty of nature and God's creation with my hubby beside me. Yeah, that would be awesome.

OK, Dar, you and Tamerya need to help your guys out. If they're trying to be romantic ... Enjoy it. :D

(Just playing with you both, I can tell you have deep respect and love for your romantic partners) :p

What a beautiful way to get engaged! I love the mountains, and mountain air. They are very romantic to me as well.

I also notice a trend, Gudrean, Dar and Tamerya all have a preference for the outdoors and natural settings as a idyllic romantic spot. I wonder how some of the other "Ladies Of DM" (sidenote ... That should TOTALLY be a Calendar!) feel about nature and the outdoors as romantic get ways as well?

My favorite part of this ... The subtle recognition that KIDS = STRESS. LOL

So you and Tyler would say Dream Dates are more about a state of mind, not necessarily a location or setting?

YES YES time without the kids is definitely less stressful, we have 4 ages 9, 8, almost 4, and 20 months at home right now and another in Florida and another on the way, so privacy is a thing of the past and dreams LMAO  

state of mind is everything in life!!! funny enough I struggle with this "state of mind" thing whilst in the midst of the chaos I call home hehehe

Let's now move the convo in a different direction.

Dream Dates can also refer to the person you're dating.

Lets talk about what kind of person you find attractive.

1-What physical attributes do you find attractive? What attribute is the most important?

2-What emotional/mental attributes do you find attractive? What attribute is the most important?

Be respectful and non-judgmental of other's responses. Also be respectful in your descriptions and lets try not to take offense. :)

I'll go first this time. 1-I like lots of curves and beautiful eyes and lips. I especially like long legs. However, eyes are the physical feature I am most attracted to.

2-I am attracted to SMART women. I like them to be opinionated and strong, but understanding and caring. But smart is probably most important to me.

1. I like a nice smile and pretty eyes. but am prolly most attracted to the Smile!!!

2. I too like a smart guy who is also kind, gentle and funny with a good sense of humor.

but mostly I would say being kind and gentle.

1. I like men with dark coloring but ended up with a strawberry blonde with green eyes! Prior serious relationships were with a man whose mother was Japanese and a man whose family was from Mexico.

2. I wanted a man who loves kids, would be a good father, who loves animals and he needed to understand how important my work is to me.

Archived