DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Yellow Ajah's Valentine Day Celebration: Dream Date!

AesSedaiGuy

1- Woohoo, the shallow side :)  I love the eyes, the smile, the BUTT (I like a pinchable one.. my hubby definitely doesn't have one of these...sigh...) :)

2- I like a good sense of humour and they'd have to be able to handle my rather sarcastic one :)  Someone who is kind, compassionate, and generous.  And around the same intellectual level and education.. like hubby and I can have huge conversations about a wide variety of topics... though sadly not politics (I love talking Canadian politics...LOL) :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. I liek women with red or blond hair, pal skin, green or blue eyes, tall, and hs to hav some meat on hre. I dnt realy like short legs but I wuoldnt mind anywys. I like ruond faces not gaunt face, but so lng as proportinate, other featurs I dont mind too much. With men, I prefre red or blond, pael, green or blu eyes, and tall, but I dnt mind dark hair or othre skin coluors much. Basiclly long as not fat or baldin or skinny.

2. I dont know, lol, most my relatinships are physicl and havnt realy devlope much emotionl relationship. I gues I wuold like somone who is inteligent and who loves nature as muc and who can tolerat me and myy strangeness. 

I would have to agree with Tyler! My dream date would have to be spending time with someone special at a location that is beautiful, most likely in nature, and having everything go right. No awkward moments or saying the wrong thing cause you're so nervous, just being confident and happy and laughing and smiling the whole time. I LOVE the idea of having a weekend with my hubby camping and horse back riding and hiking, WITH NO KIDS STRESS!!!!! Just the fresh air and sunshine in the day and the stars and sounds of nature at night...Ahhhhhh dreamy =)

My favorite part of this ... The subtle recognition that KIDS = STRESS. LOL

So you and Tyler would say Dream Dates are more about a state of mind, not necessarily a location or setting?

YES YES time without the kids is definitely less stressful, we have 4 ages 9, 8, almost 4, and 20 months at home right now and another in Florida and another on the way, so privacy is a thing of the past and dreams LMAO  

state of mind is everything in life!!! funny enough I struggle with this "state of mind" thing whilst in the midst of the chaos I call home hehehe

Just so you know, 15 year olds cause stress too.   :wink:

I would have to agree with Tyler! My dream date would have to be spending time with someone special at a location that is beautiful, most likely in nature, and having everything go right. No awkward moments or saying the wrong thing cause you're so nervous, just being confident and happy and laughing and smiling the whole time. I LOVE the idea of having a weekend with my hubby camping and horse back riding and hiking, WITH NO KIDS STRESS!!!!! Just the fresh air and sunshine in the day and the stars and sounds of nature at night...Ahhhhhh dreamy =)

So you and Tyler would say Dream Dates are more about a state of mind, not necessarily a location or setting?

YES YES time without the kids is definitely less stressful, we have 4 ages 9, 8, almost 4, and 20 months at home right now and another in Florida and another on the way, so privacy is a thing of the past and dreams LMAO  

state of mind is everything in life!!! funny enough I struggle with this "state of mind" thing whilst in the midst of the chaos I call home hehehe

I also have a 17 year old but he's in Florida right now playing Baseball and he has actually been my best behaved child, never been any problems, but as I'm sure that is a fluke, although I have heard that if your kids are difficult when they are young they will be good as teenagers, and vise versa, so maybe I'll luck out and my handful daughter will be the best teenager ever, a mother can only hope  :laugh:

I also have a 17 year old but he's in Florida right now playing Baseball and he has actually been my best behaved child, never been any problems, but as I'm sure that is a fluke, although I have heard that if your kids are difficult when they are young they will be good as teenagers, and vise versa, so maybe I'll luck out and my handful daughter will be the best teenager ever, a mother can only hope  :laugh:

Lol, they cause less stress when they are in another state or city.

OK, so we've share our idea of a dream date, and yes, even as Tamerya said, "the shallow side" LOL .... As well as the emotional side.

Lets get a little "fictional" with our Dream Date.

If you could date any character out of fiction or history, who would it be and why.

post-28725-0-51837000-1360758562_thumb.jpg

well the crazy side of me says "Damon Salvatore" from Vampire Diaries, he's a lot of fun, loves deeply and doesn't take any s@$& from anyone!! And the good girl in me says  "Arthur Pendragon" I've always had an attraction to all things King Arthur!!  :wub:

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

So I see we have two Arthurian-related crushes ... ;)

What do you think it is about the Knights and King Arthur that is romantic?

Also, Gudrean mentioned Vampires, who have historically been romantic figures ... Why do we think that is?

Arthur for me = Honor, strength of body and character and genuinely loved by the people for being good to the people, what's not to love?? hehehe

and vampires = mystery, again strength(safety) and power, usually special abilities, which is hot and you hardly ever see a vampire that isn't beautiful!!! I repeat HARDLY ever =)

1. I like men with dark coloring but ended up with a strawberry blonde with green eyes! Prior serious relationships were with a man whose mother was Japanese and a man whose family was from Mexico.

2. I wanted a man who loves kids, would be a good father, who loves animals and he needed to understand how important my work is to me.

You said you "wanted" does that mean that's not what you got? hehe

1. I like men with dark coloring but ended up with a strawberry blonde with green eyes! Prior serious relationships were with a man whose mother was Japanese and a man whose family was from Mexico.

2. I wanted a man who loves kids, would be a good father, who loves animals and he needed to understand how important my work is to me.

You said you "wanted" does that mean that's not what you got? hehe

Lol, no, I was speaking prior to this 25 year + marriage. I would not have settled for what I did not want. Hair color is optional.

As for the Knights, I think the legend of being warriors, honorable and chivalrous are appealing as is that time period.

I'll run to fiction with this one... and say either Melisande or Imriel from Jacqueline Carey's books... I can't say much more than that though without breaking ratings rules... *grin*

Melisandre the Red Priestess from GRRM? There is definitely something seductive about here!

I am not familiar with the other character.

Thanks Gudrean and Ryrin for giving your explanation on why the Arthurian legend is still so appealing.

As we head into the last weekend. Lets do a poll, but not just any poll .... Lets talk about the love that dares not speak its name ... That of "character" love. Those fantastical, not-quite-human characters, that we all know inspire a little bit of a crush ...

Look at the survey below and pick the character you would be most inclined to go on a Dream Date with, BUT you have to tell WHY and WHAT you would do. Feel free to be serious or silly. Witty or romantic.

1. Chewbacca from Star Wars

2. Firenze from Harry Potter

3. Bilbo Baggins from the Hobbit

4. Felurian from Kingkiller Chronicles

5. Erith, Loial's wife

6. Medusa from Greek Mythology

And .... GO!

The other thing I like is going out to a sports bar, eating wings and watching football.

And yes, I am a woman.

I think I love you..........

While I'm generally a NON-romantic person (romance can often bug me.. LOL.. my poor hubby tries to be romantic and .. I just don't get it...

... I just love to be able to spend time with my mate, no matter what we're doing!!

This is me and the missus to a T. lol She HATES PDA. lol Won't even let me hold her hand when we go for a walk lol. The last bit is all of our relationship though. Thousnads and thousands fo tiny intimate little sharing moments.

The missus' daughter JUST turned 13. Holy sweet creator help me. This is the first weekend in longer than I cna think of that we have NOT had her with us. I think we are more excited about that than going out to dinner tomorrow. lol

I've never actually had a dream date picked out before. Head has never really gone there. I...............don't have a strong running with the ladies lol. I think it would be a stay at home thing. But it would more kind fo border a long a seduction lol. I would have everything set up for her when she got home from work. Candles, Barry White (sorry for the cliche but we both think he has the sexiest voice ever known to man kind. ever) , hmmmmm....I think home made lasagna and bread sticks. A bath, for her where I would, well do bath things. Though most like she would just tell me to get out lol. Wine. The missus and I can just TALK. I have NO capacity for this with other people but when it's me and her it's not a problem. We would have our wine, eat, listen to music and then..........

now for the rest.

1. I am an accessory man. lol knee/thigh high boots, glasses, baseball caps with the pony pulled out the back. I DON'T KNOW WHY! lol You can read everything about a person from there eyes so that is the first thing. Always.  I love a cushiony woman. lol Funny facebook post sums it up. A skinny woman is like a pair of jeans without pockets. You don't know where to put your hands!  I love well turned legs. Can knock me out. ohhhh and full plump limps.

2. I like a bitch. lol I do! I am a timid fellow and one who is more apt to talk through a situation. I am very empathetic and calm. It, I think personally, takes TOO MUCH to piss me off. I lack that reactionary bit. I do though. lol Just look at my broken nose for proof. I will take a fool down lol but I am not that firey. The missus and I balance out. I temper her and she fires me up.

Not really givin the guys much to work with here lol.

I would have to say Medusa. We could go out to one of those black out restaurants! I've always wanted to go to one! If you're unfamiliar it's a restaurant that is literally PITCH BLACK. Can't see a damn thing. Your servers have night vision goggles and it's all about the flavor of the food and well.......you know. It's dark. hehehe

Hmmmm, blacked out things........... Movies maybe? Always staring ahead.

OH! And the best part of it. If the date is THAT BAD you just take off the blind fold or hold up a compact mirror. Date over.

OH! EVEN BETTER! "Hey, Medusa, look over there. It's my ex.................. HEY SARAH! Over here! *waves. Sarah turned to stone. High fives Medusa*

I would think she has some awesome stories too. She could take me to an archery range!

Million, Millon, Millon ....that is a GREAT post! Are we related at all?

I love my son, but am much appreciative when he is out of the house for a bit. :)

My favorite part of the dream date is ...

. . . Where I would do bath things.

Awesomeness! :D

Interesting phrased physical attributes, and true, something special about the pony out the back of a cap, hell, something special about a girl in a cap ...wearing your button down shirt ... Wait ... What was I saying ... LOL

I have long felt women should reclaim Bitch as a compliment!

And then ... The Medusa date! HA!

Also, you said I didn't give the guys much to work with I can only assume you have not read A Wise Man's Fear, Book 2 of Rothfuss's Kingkiller Chronicles? Plus, sadly, there are not a lot of female creature characters. Do you have any suggestions?

@Ry ... I think Chewbacca would dig some wings and a sports bar ... ;)

Archived