DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Yellow Ajah's Valentine's Celebration: S.A.D. Dating Game

Sunrise Lord

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kronos waited patiently at the appointed spot.  He had taken off his tower guard uniform and was wearing nice clothing suitable for the occasion.  He smiled as he saw Leala approach.  She was wearing a nice blue dress to match the color of her Ajah.  He offered her his arm and led her to a balcony in the White Tower.  The balcony had a perfect view of Dragonmount  On the balcony was a table set with two candles.  Kronos pulled out Leala's chair and waited for her to sit before taking a seat himself.

"How has your day been going?" he asked with a smile.

Leala adjusted her shawl...or at least she tried to.  She wasn't bout to wear her shawl to a date, but it hadn't been long since she had decided not to wear it everywhere.  Sometimes she could still feel it on her shoulders.  Kronos was already there, though.  He led her to a balcony, and there was a table waiting there, the city giving Dragonmount a faint glow.  She took her seat and waited for him to take his own.  "My day?" she asked.  "Oh, as busy as every other day.  It was certainly a pleasant surprise to find such a peaceful place to sit.  And what about yours?" she asked, a smile spreading across her face.

"I had a very good day, thank you for asking," Kronos said as a Tower servant brought up two dishes.  The servant placed one before Leala, Kronos, and finally poured two glasses of wine.  Kronos raised his glass and Leala followed suit as the wine glasses clinked together.  They both took a sip as Kronos said "To the White Tower"  He smiled despite the butterflies in his stomach.  He really had no idea what to say to her.  He just hoped they both had a good night.

Leala smiled back and toasted with him.  She could tell that he was nervous.  She has a bit nervous herself, even being Aes Sedai.  Not really having a Warder, though, she was really more used to dealing with other sisters and dignitaries and the like.  Which reminded her...  "Congratulations on your new bond!  Brandie is a good friend of mine.  We were housemates as Aspies."

This is mine and Chuckles (lolguy26) story. The straight type is his POV and the italics is my POV. We hope you enjoy it!!

" Chuckles stood there waiting, a blind date in the waste, who knew what kind of maiden these wise ones paired him up with, he thought worriedly, yet there Guddy was. She had a cute smile and he smiled back at her with one that seemed to split his face in half :). 

When I first agreed to meet Chuckles in the Aiel Waste, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. However when I first saw him I was pleasantly surprised. I first noticed his great smile. It took up almost his entire head, that being said his head was quite big, and round like and most peculiar it was half red and half grey, but I'm not one to judge a book, ya know. As he approached I noticed he had indeed aquired an Aiel spear. It was strong and sturdy but oddly shaped. He was actually going to carry through with this fighting spears on a date? well hey why not, this could be fun.

I had my spear with me (I mean who didn't carry those around!) And I saw her eyes looking at my spear and me and I grinned, it was naturally something strange to go with my looks ;), 

I had not thought to gain a spear as of yet so I quickly looked around and saw a Maiden of the Spears standing nearby. I went to her and whispered in her ear. She busted out laughing and handed me her spear. I brought up my spear, 

and then she was running towards him, 

He was a ...well...interesting fighter, more like a dancer, but skills were not a prerequisite for the date after all.  

I danced and moved lazily and then she stumbled and we were a tangled mess,

We tangled a bit and tossed the spears around only to end up on the ground, each of us dirty and laughing our butts off.

We both burst out laughing.  She would be shocked at my next surprise!

You've been bested I insisted, shall we eat? Me, he said. It is you who have been bested. I think his pride was a little bruised but he reluctantly agreed to move on to dinner. This is where it got really weird. He had set up a bloody hunt. Chase down my food, I said? Are you mad? YES he proclaimed and proud of it. Well I wasn't gonna get fed standing around here. I expected a large beast or at least a reasonable sized creature for the hunt, but then he walked over to a small cage. He smiled his whole face smile and said, when i count to three we chase, I looked at him puzzled. What could possibly be in this little cage worth eating? To my amazement as he lifted the door out pops the cutest, fluffiest little bunny. With my hands on my hips I insisted there was no way I was gonna hunt down this defenseless little bunny for our dinner. He stared at me with a look of amusement for a bit and then again with the amazing smile, this time practically cracking his face completely in half, he says, My dear the bunny is a gift, for you, besides, I'm a vegetarian!!!! 

Wow! thought Chuckles, she was feisty!!

Pointing towards the camp, let's join the others in the sweat tent before we eat, he said. 

I was a bit hesitant as I had not prepared myself for a sweat tent experience, but I would look like a weak wetlander if I didn't at least try it. I followed him over and we entered the tent, we were greeted by the turning heads of no less than 10 Aiel, with not a thread of clothing to be found. So as I started to unrobe I spied the funniest thing ever, Chuckles was fully undressed sitting among the other Aiel with a large boulder obstructing the view of,

I shook my head, and sat gracefully and enjoyed, sweat tents were rare outside the waste, and there she was, wow she ..she had a nice...

and suddenly it seemed a wall of maidens appeared out of thin air

I slowly turned back to find myself being greeted by several maidens who were walking towards the sitting area, like a human shield. I had never been so thankful for another persons’ body in all my life. 

We sat for what seemed like a year, sweating and talking and making eyes at each other. 

I liked talking to Guddy, she was different from the rest, I laughed and was happy that she couldn't see how tense I was.

We did eventually make it to our dinner where we had the most lovely food and conversation. The night ended with a ride back to our gateway, and a friendly good by.  

I said my goodbyes, and thought, that was definitely a first!

What a crazy date indeed!!!!"  At least that's how I saw it.”

Me and Blank will be putting up the story just now. Try not to post until we are done. Cheers.

----

The now-appearing orange sunset told Tyler that he had been waiting there for at least half an hour by now. But where was blank?

She should have been here by now. Actually, it didn't matter. This gave Tyler even more time to hide the fact that he was more giddily excited than a Tinker who'd just found an unlocked shipping container. He had this all planned out. He was to enter the Narnia-esque super plot-convenience MacGuffin gate that Blank had found the other day. That had taken him from the real world to Randland in a matter of seconds. He would then go to the
Gardens in Tar Valon that were once a grove of the Ogier, where he would meet up with Blank, and they'd proceed to have a nice little picnic in
the sunset. Specifically, in the south end of the Gardens. Wait.

He examined the map once more to find that he had been holding it upside down.

Oh no, he must be in the wrong place. What an idiot. Without much thought, he started sprinting south. He mustn't keep Blank waiting...

Blank looked up at the sunset and felt an anxious twist in her stomach. Tyler was half an hour late. She knew he would make it eventually though but she didn't want the picnic to have mushy sandwiches and the juice to get too warm. She wanted everything to be perfect.

She sat down on the rug and let her eyes wander through this beautiful garden. As soon she had found the place she knew it would be lovely to share with someone, Ogier Groves were a special place.

She heard crashing coming from the trees to the North, getting closer and closer. Blank smiled in anticipation.

Blank gasped as she discovered that the noisy figure coming ever so closer was not Tyler, but in fact; a stray dog. Well, that ruined the suspense. For a moment there, she felt like a small nun at a penguin shoot. Never mind.

...A few seconds later, the snaps and crackles of the foliage breaking had returned once again, except this time much slower. Then, in came Tyler, in all his not-so-glorious grandeur. Shuffling along slowly, he had a hand on his torso and breathed deep and fast. He was staring at the ground. It was no easy job pretending he wasn't running half the way there, so he didn't bother.

"So sorry I'm late. Umm, I was making a few extra preparations. Yeah" He told her with his best Poker face. He lifted his eyes from the ground to take a gander at her truly stunning dress. Which he had only just noticed. "Wow, you look amazing!" He exclaimed with a gulp.

Blank had just swallowed the disappointment at the stray dog when Tyler came bursting out the trees, he looked sweaty like he'd been running and so very earnest when he complimented her. She burst out laughing.

"Of course we can start," she replied. "Sit down, we didn't miss the sunset, that's the main thing."

Blank sat down on the rug and brought out cheesecakes and strawberrys, "let's just get to the good part of the picnic - who even wants sandwiches?"

Relieved that Blank was not about to hand him his ass for his late appearance, Tyler smirked a little bit before sitting down cross-legged on the rug. He put his foam-wrapped wooden sword to one side as he added his own homemade Cherry pie to Blank's neatly placed inventory of picnic goods on the floor in front of them. It was a little bit broken up from Tyler's sudden movement, but still warm and edible.

"I agree, let's skip the Sandwiches." The two of them sat there peacefully, eating various deserts, and nattering about each others personal lives. On one occasion, Tyler made a joke in poor taste regarding the north side of a badger heading south, resulting in some silence, but with that aside, the thing ran smoothly. The two of them were very much happy with each others company.

The telltale sign of the sky losing it's orange beauty as the stars became visible was the signal that sooner or later, this date would have to come to an end soon.

"So, Blank, is there anything you wish to do before we call it a day?"

Watching the sunset Blank was almost disappointed - it signaled the end of a lovely evening in splendid company. Best of all she had managed to not say anything that made her sound like an idiot. She hoped.

She looked over at Tyler and heard him say, "So, Blank, is there anything you wish to do before we call it a day?"

Blank just blushed and replied "Just walk me home?"

"Ah. Well I was thinking maybe take a detour through the park on the way back to get some good views of the night sky over the city, but if you insist..."

The two of them proceeded to wander through the Gardens on the way to The twisty Narnia-esque super plot-convenience MacGuffin gate of unforetold power with a side order of fries.

Tyler couldn't say the idea of traveling all the way from central Scotland to Southern England, but he tried to keep his mind on his last moments with Blank before dropping her off at her house. The two reached this destination faster than they predicted, and now the dreaded moment had come.

She must have known he was terrible at goodbyes he was trembling worse than Michael J. Fox licking a car battery, and the poor weather wasn't helping. He just hoped she could come up with something fitting to say, because he couldn't.

"So I s'pose this is goodbye, eh?" Was the best he could do.

Archived