DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Super duper RP Idea

claireducky

So, this is just in the planning stages, and will need approval and cooperation from the WT before we can do it:

I was thinking that *what if* we had a female Inquisitor that was just a little "too good" at her job, and that she always managed to get her confessions, with no failures.

Perhaps she also seems to always get what she wants, and doesn't have a good explanation of why. Then one day she is reading about the Tar Valon witches and reads about how some have the ability to make men their slaves through controlling their minds. An idea begins to form, and she begins to suspect that she is a channeler. Totally freaked out, she flees the Fortress.

As a deserter, we send a party after her, of course-- not knowing the reason why she deserts.

At some point, she comes into contact with an Aes Sedai (or a group of them), who confirms her worst fears-- she can Channel, and should be in the White Tower. 

The Aes Sedai manages to convince her to go to the Tower, and on their way, the two are waylaid by the pursuing Children. A fight ensues, where the Children learn that the woman was a channeler in their midst all along, a Child they knew and trusted. The Children would lose of course, because they would be frankly outmatched by a group of Aes Sedai.

I think it would be an interesting exercise for the Children, perhaps shake their belief system a bit, and set up a path for an uneasy peace in the future between the WT and the CoTL, or perhaps widen the gap even further.

more details: 

It would have to be a TPC (temporary character) Wilder, with Milking Tears Talent (a milder form of Compulsion). She'd probably be in her late 20s or 30s, to be an Inquisitor, so she's been with the Children awhile and the distrust and hate of Aes Sedai would be deep seated in her.

Ideally, I think it would be good if she sneaks away from the Aes Sedai, later after the fight and returns to us for the justice she feels she deserves. 

Then we could haul her back to Amador, and hold a Trial, which could be a huge and fun RP itself. There was a major RP about 5 or 6 years ago called "Murder in the Yards"-- it involved the crimes and trial of a Darkfriend warder trainee who murdered multiple people before she was caught and put on trial.

This could be a pretty epic RP which we could showcase on the main DM blog and maybe draw some people in; I remember that Murder in the Yards was widely read by the general population at DM, even those who didn't frequent the boards.

Thoughts?

Suond awesom - wuold be a great wy to get involvd with peopl ovre in white towr, and I think would be fun and learnin curve for me. Im not suer about th outcome - my charactr dosnt have problm with chaneling so much as th deceitful ways and practics of Aes Sedai, thogh chaneling dos play bt of factor to him. Would thre be a backstory where othre characters interct with her or wuold there just start when she deserts? I defintly like th idea of a trial - we be abl to elanorte on osomething that wasnt show-casd much in boks.

• Arie locked this topic