DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egwene and Gawyn

Kalythase Breen

I wonder if Rand would even fight him, or if Galad would Rand. I mean...Rand can't work the blade now, at least with any amount of skill, due to not having a left hand (is that his good hand? Can't remember). And I doubt Rand would simply fry either of them with the power...even if he can at that any point, what with the sickness and insane LTT.

Valid points. I've said before I don't think we'll see a Galad-Rand or Gawyn-Rand duel. I was just answering the hypothetical question "what if".

Hmm. I remember reading that Egwene wanted to make the White Tower more like the Kin, but that she still intended to take the three oaths to sort of 'prove' her dedication to the Tower.

The oaths take a hundred years or so from a channeler's life, I think.

Egwene will probably mourn Gawyn's death, but I don't think she'll stay a widow for the rest of her life. I dunno, she might find another guy.

There is a good chance that Gawyn can channell. Both his sister and mother can. It is not even too late for him to be a sparker as some have suggested for his brother Galad. It would also give him a better shot at "revenge" against Rand if he could channell.

Well .... we don't really have any evidence that he can' date=' and while his mother and sister both can, I'm thinking Elayne got her strength from Tarigail Damodred's side (the family that produced Rand and Moiraine) rather than Morgase's side. I don't think Gawyn can channel. In fact, in my opinion, it would compromise the character. It would suck if any more main characters turned out to secretly be able to channel.

So, again, in my opinion, Egwene is gonna end up a widow.[/quote']

You are aware that Elayne and Galad share the same father and mother, and Galad is the one with a different father?

You are aware that Elayne and Galad share the same father and mother, and Galad is the one with a different father?

No, I am aware that Elayne and GAWYN share the same father and mother, and that Galad has a different MOTHER. Galad was the son of Taringail Damodred and Tigraine (giving Galad blood connections to Moiraine and Rand, since Galad is actually Moiraine's nephew through his father, and Galad is Rand's half brother through his mother.) Elayne and Gawyn are the children of Taringail Damodred and Morgase. Morgase is only Galad's "mother" by adoption. Thats why Galad and Gawyn have different last names.

Another odd family connection:

Luc is Rand's uncle. Isam is Lan's cousin. So Slayer is a mix of Rand's uncle and Lan's cousin.

You are aware that Elayne and Galad share the same father and mother' date=' and Galad is the one with a different father?[/quote']

No, I am aware that Elayne and GAWYN share the same father and mother, and that Galad has a different MOTHER. Galad was the son of Taringail Damodred and Tigraine (giving Galad blood connections to Moiraine and Rand, since Galad is actually Moiraine's nephew through his father, and Galad is Rand's half brother through his mother.) Elayne and Gawyn are the children of Taringail Damodred and Morgase. Morgase is only Galad's "mother" by adoption. Thats why Galad and Gawyn have different last names.

Another odd family connection:

Luc is Rand's uncle. Isam is Lan's cousin. So Slayer is a mix of Rand's uncle and Lan's cousin.

haha, that is rather twisted and insane.

My biggest fear is that Egwene is going to end up completely changing (and screwing into the ground) the Tower. She thinks she knows better as a farmgirl than the hundreds of years of growth and pruning that occured in the Tower. I was pretty ticked when she wanted to remove the 3 oaths at one point. Egwene is most definately going to be a widow, unless she dies prematurely. That's why the whole marrige thing doesn't mix with her current position. And I have a hard time seeing Aes Sedai carting around babies while they "do their thing." I hope by the end of things, the Tower doesn't lose what made it so feared and respected. But I digress, a lot

There is a good chance that Gawyn can channell. Both his sister and mother can. It is not even too late for him to be a sparker as some have suggested for his brother Galad. It would also give him a better shot at "revenge" against Rand if he could channell.

I don't think RJ will do that. Galad is most likely heading off to the White tower or Camelyn with his new army. And Gawyn being able to channel...it's to neat. You can't have perfect endings ya know?

Fiera, why were you ticked when she said she wanted to remove the three oaths. The oath Rod, or binder I guess, significantly decreases a channelers lifespan? I'm sure some will not want to remove the three oaths but others, especially browns if they could remember, would leap at the chance for more time to look for knowledge.

As for the children thing, those AS who don't want to don't have to while those who want to can. The AS are culling the ability out since they are severing all men they find but now the taint is gone so AS can have children if they want without fear of a male child that can channel. Unless there is an RJ quote or something I think channeling will last at least another age or two cuz why else cleanse saidin? It makes saidin pure but there were Ashamen bonded and all before and TG is just around the corner so they couldn't have all gone mad.

As for Egwene, she needs some of the humility or whatever that cadsuane will teach Rand and the Asha'man but all indications are that see won't. I see Luckers theory of attack on the white tower and I think, instead of thanking Rand for bringing a seanchen army to defeat the shadowspawn, she will be REALLY pissed and that's the "face the Amyrlins wrath. The wrath could also be for having to kill Egwene's warder, this I see as less likely but still...see my post on page2...it could happen.

Mostly, it ticked me off because there was a very valid point to the 3 Oaths. Like mentioned in the books, the 3 Oaths was really the only thing that seperated AS from wilders. It made them AS.

ALso mentioned in the books, the people's knowledge of the 3 Oaths binding the AS to certain restrictions (such as not lying, not using the OP as a weapon, etc.) was another thing that kept their fear of them contained. With the 3 Oaths, people could at least be consolded by the fact that an AS could only speak the truth, if a twisted truth, etc. Without the Oaths, what would keep people from thinking the AS wouldn't go completely out of control and lay ruin to the world for their own purposes?

Besides, 300 years is a heck of a long time to live. There is no point whining about not being able to live for 600. Whatever, both are extrememly long periods of time other people could only dream of.

Besides, by retiring to the Kin, AS could indeed still live for 600 years. So there is no reason to take away the 3 Oaths. That would screw the Tower. There would be nothing to hold the AS together and keep them from straying from the Light.

Mostly' date=' it ticked me off because there was a very valid point to the 3 Oaths. Like mentioned in the books, the 3 Oaths was really the only thing that seperated AS from wilders. It made them AS. [/quote']

i disagree. AS were AS long before the 3 oaths. and indeed were very well thought of in the AOL. much more so than they currently are now. also, when you look at people like the sea folk, they have a lot more respect and honor for their channelers than AS have with the oaths.

ALso mentioned in the books' date=' the people's knowledge of the 3 Oaths binding the AS to certain restrictions (such as not lying, not using the OP as a weapon, etc.) was another thing that kept their fear of them contained. With the 3 Oaths, people could at least be consolded by the fact that an AS could only speak the truth, if a twisted truth, etc. [/quote']

if anything, people trust AS LESS because of that oath. sure people know what an AS says isn't an outright lie. but all thru the books, it's mentioned that the truth an AS speaks, isn't necessarily the truth you hear. when someone listens to an AS, they pay particular attention to exactly what is said and assume that they are being deceived somehow. they don't do that to other people. and again, in the AOL, there was no oath against lying and yet there is no indication that AS then were mistrusted.

Without the Oaths' date=' what would keep people from thinking the AS wouldn't go completely out of control and lay ruin to the world for their own purposes? [/quote']

now that the OP has been cleansed, i don't think people are going to be so worried about this. no one feared this in the AOL until the DO was released and then the the OP was tainted. there will be no more mad men destroying the world.

So there is no reason to take away the 3 Oaths. That would screw the Tower. There would be nothing to hold the AS together and keep them from straying from the Light.

i honestly think the tower as we know it is screwed anyways. i'm wondering now if the WT and BT are going to move more to the way AS used to be in the AOL or if they are going to go in a new direction. AS had no troubles staying together in the AOL and not much trouble staying in the light. i think the straying part is going to be a lot less likely with the DO sealed away for a good long while and what he is about fresh in peoples minds. i doubt too many people are going to want to stray to the dark after TG.

anyhow, that's my take. i guess we'll have to RAFO to see what really happens.

But basically, the AoL was a completely different time period in which people still respected AS. But in current time, that respect and trust was lost and people have a whole new take on AS. Now can't really be compared to AoL, IMO, because it was completely different age with many differnt things occuring, a lot of technology, and stuff being done with the Power. People were coexisiting with the Power, no? Now everybody things the OP can only bring drestruction and fear those who can wield it out of instinct and widely accepted stories about the Breaking and what not. I don't see what that has to do with the 3 Oaths. Everybody's attitude and thoughts on the OP has COMPLETELY changed. It's not really in direct association with the 3 Oaths, IMO. It's about their new take on the OP. However, again IMO, just knowing that AS are restrained by some force is a more comforting thought as compared to them running around "freely," for lack of better word. I can't think right now, sorry! :roll: I duuno, either way, judging by the point they are now, twisted truths and oaths or no, people would still look crosseyed at AS and question everything about them because of their power. The 3 Oaths makes them question still, but with a slight more sense of security. Their suspicion won't change with the removal of the oaths. It might worsen if they spread rumors regarding the reason the AS felt the need to remove them. Unless everybody goes through a drastic change of attitude, IMO, people will always take 2 steps back from AS. I really don't see what the 3 Oaths has to do with it. But again, that's my personal opinion and obviously everybody has their own way of seeing things. I just wanted to clarify :D

I hope the Aes Sedai and Asha'man unite, because I don't think they have a prayer or winning TG unless they do. The Forsaken compare current channelers to babies because they are not as strong. I also think it is because the AoL Aes Sedai, both male and female channelers, worked together, whereas in the current age the Aes Sedai are generally deathly afraid of Asha'man. I think, actually, the bonds between the Aes Sedai and Asha'man who actually are bonded are strengthening the bonds between the two groups. And if they work together they are far more powerful.

i guess simply put, i don't see where the 3 oaths have been very beneficial to the AS nor do i see where they'd be such a huge loss. i don't see where people's opinions would actually get worse with them gone (especially now that saidin has been cleansed).

I hope the Aes Sedai and Asha'man unite' date=' because I don't think they have a prayer or winning TG unless they do. The Forsaken compare current channelers to babies because they are not as strong. I also think it is because the AoL Aes Sedai, both male and female channelers, worked together, whereas in the current age the Aes Sedai are generally deathly afraid of Asha'man. I think, actually, the bonds between the Aes Sedai and Asha'man who actually are bonded are strengthening the bonds between the two groups. And if they work together they are far more powerful.[/quote']

I completely agree with that. I was so happy when the AS and AM bonded because that was like a symbol of the beginings of a bond forged between the 2 towers. haha, if that awkward sentence make any sense, that is =]

Archived