DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand's Bond with the chicks...what happens to it in aMoL when he...you know?

mike hunt's here

I read this quote from Suttree in another post and it made me think

: "The bond severed because Moiraine was actively channeling when that specific gateway was destroyed, it doesn't matter that there are other entrances to the Finn land. It was their channeling when entering a world with a radically different set of natural laws that destroyed the gateway and caused the bond to sever."

Well if Rand is supposed to Die and Come back - will he still be bonded to all those chicks?

If he get bodyswapped?

What if he just digs out and uses a portal stone to go live a simple life as a Grolm farmer with Lady Selene somewhere?

Maybe thats where the "pass his bond to me" thing starts. Can all four pass their own bond to Cadsuane?

Then when Rand dies, she feels the brunt of it...and since she an old lady who had warders die already, she can handle it. Weird theory?

the bond certainly won't survive Rand dying as yoniy0 said. It's quite possible that "pass his bond to me" might have something to do with Rand's death. I doubt however that all of Rand's girls will give up his bond. Alanna might but I don't think the others will, no matter what. Min can't at any rate. I'm not  sure if Avi and Elayne can pass his bond either even if they wanted to because the weave Elayne used was a combination of different weaves (the usual bonding and the first sisters weave).

If Rand is resurrected by being pushed out of TAR then they'll have to rebond him to stop him from dying again, as Elayne had to do with Birgitte. Terez has a theory that this will explain why Avi's future kids are so different. The multiple bonding weave  that Elayne used on Rand was partly based on the weaves during her and Avi first sister ceremony and it was mentioned in that scene that Melaine couldn't take part in it because the weave would affect her kids.

No idea what would happen to the bond in the body swap scenario.

What if one of the four who holds Rand's bonds died as a ploy to get him to Warder rage? Maybe an Aes Sedai comes in at the moment when min, Avi, Alanna, or elayne are dying to save him from going berserk. What if elayne dies in childbirth while still bonded to him? Would whoever is playing midwife be an Aes Sedai who agrees to take his bond? A warder dying doesn't cause the AS anything other than extreme grief, it won't kill them. But it they used. Traditional bonding, Rand should be the Warder. It would be an interesting twist if it were instead they who were the warders...

There is no reason to think that Rand will suffer the same as other Warders. He kind of has 3 other backups to keep him connected and sane. It's never been done for sure, so I am probably wrong, but I'd like to think that if Alanna bit it, he'd be okay.

We know that Warders go into death rage when their Aes Sedai die. What we don't have is any evidence to the contrary  for people  bonded to multiple women.

What if one of the four who holds Rand's bonds died as a ploy to get him to Warder rage? Maybe an Aes Sedai comes in at the moment when min, Avi, Alanna, or elayne are dying to save him from going berserk. What if elayne dies in childbirth while still bonded to him? Would whoever is playing midwife be an Aes Sedai who agrees to take his bond? A warder dying doesn't cause the AS anything other than extreme grief, it won't kill them. But it they used. Traditional bonding, Rand should be the Warder. It would be an interesting twist if it were instead they who were the warders...

We can't say what would happen but the obvious thing for the Shadow to do is to kill one of Rand's girls and find out. It might work and there is no downside from their point of view. For example, if Alanna were Black and her bosses knew that she bonded Rand,  in their place I would off her and see what happens. There is no other use for her bond for them as she can not control Rand using it and Rand himself said that the Shadow doesn't need Alanna to be able to locate him.

Since Alanna disappeared and we don't know where she went except "north" it has given me the idea if put together with the "Pass his bond to me" from AMOL that maybe she was captured or tricked by Cyndane and she is demanding his bond be passed to her.

Interesting......Right?

Since Alanna disappeared and we don't know where she went except "north" it has given me the idea if put together with the "Pass his bond to me" from AMOL that maybe she was captured or tricked by Cyndane and she is demanding his bond be passed to her. Interesting......Right?

This idea has been much discussed but I don't like it. As I said, what would Cyndane want with Rand's bond? Alanna can't control Rand through the bond so why should Cyndane think she can do better? The only thing this is likely to accomplish is to give Rand a fix on her location.

Then there is the issue of the fact that the bond creates a strong emotional connection. Look what's happening to Moridin is a somewhat similar situation. Cyndane would not want that.

As I said, if she had her mitts on Alanna the most sensible thing for her to do would be to kill Alanna and see what happens to Rand.

Thanks to the bond the childbirth itself, even without Elayne dying, would be nasty enough to the father...

Let's assume the body-swap occurs and the bond remains tied to Rand's body. The body dies. So even though Rand lives on in a new body, the girls are overwhelmed with grief. It would be hard to convince them "Hey, I'm still here!" in their condition. And it would be definitely weird. However, if the bond is attached to Rand's mind, it would let them recognize his soul in Moridin's body.

Rand is also linked to multiple people all at once. His link with Moridin could be some form of a bond since they share emotions, dreams and physical pain at times. Alanna has the traditional Warder bond on him and the bond Elayne used has completely different properties to the Warder bond, unless of course it is indeed inverted and both she, Min and Aviendha are all bonded as a Warder to him, kind of like a Green having more then one Warder that she bonds individually. I believe it is more likely to be the latter, that Min, Aviendha and Elayne are Warders to Rand.

Rand is also linked to multiple people all at once. His link with Moridin could be some form of a bond since they share emotions, dreams and physical pain at times. Alanna has the traditional Warder bond on him and the bond Elayne used has completely different properties to the Warder bond, unless of course it is indeed inverted and both she, Min and Aviendha are all bonded as a Warder to him, kind of like a Green having more then one Warder that she bonds individually. I believe it is more likely to be the latter, that Min, Aviendha and Elayne are Warders to Rand.

The bond Elayne does not have completely different properties from a regular warder bond. In many ways it has the same properties. They might even have exactly the same properties for all we know. Which property is different? And there is absolutely nothing to support the notion that the girls are bonded to Rand rather than the other way around. Elayne used a combination of two weaves. First, a variation of the first sisters weave to include herself, Avi and Min and on the last step a regular warder bond from each of them to Rand.

Well, it does stand to reason that it's somewhat different on their end. They were included in it together, not like three separate people bonding him. It's entirely possible all have to die for the usual effect to affect him. I won't speculate on that for the time being.

@yoniy0 that's an interesting idea. I didn't think of it but it's certainly just a speculation at this point. From what we've seen so far the effects of Rand's triple bond with the girls are exactly the same as the effects of a regular bond.

However,  I've thought more about what would happen to Rand if Alanna is killed and there actually is a different reason to assume that Rand will not go into a death rage. Lan was kind of in a similar situation. as soon as his bond to Moiraine was snapped it was transferred to Myrelle and Lan did not go into a rage. He was certainly emotionally affected however. Rand's situation is not exactly the same but it may be similar enough to assume that the same would happen to him if Alanna is killed. The Shadow doesn't know this, however, so I still think that the best thing to do from their point of view is to kill Alanna if they get their hands on her.

I agree, I don't see Rand pulled into a Warder deathrage no matter which of the four women die. But I think the triple bond might have some interesting effects, perhaps if one of them dies the other two bonds fall apart or weakens. Or when he dies maybe their bonds get passed to the other women (sort of like the Moiraine to Myrelle transfer).

Archived