DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Reccomendations

EmperorAllspice

I won't quit reading Wheel Of Time. No matter how much Rand's power level or Ta'veren-ness gets on my nerves.

But I was just wondering if anyone here had any reccomendations for me. Based on what you've seen of me so far and the sort of stuff I like. I always like having a film or show to watch. Or game to play or book to read

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he has plans and he is downright villainous. He is a dark whisper in the Shadows that threatens to destroy a whole world - but he don't often come out to play himself.

Most of the story focuses on the struggle to try and put things right when in seems impossible and all the wheels within wheels that causes. Let me know if you want to give it a try maybe.

It's hard with books. I'm such a slow reader and it requires so muh of my effort that before I read anything I want to be fairly sure that I'll enjoy something. I need an anchor. A character that I can look forward to and rely on when I start getting bored

As you've seen, I have a fairly one track mind when it comes to a lot of stuff. (mostly when it comes to things that demand a lot of expended effort on my part)

Maybe Mordant's Need then. It has two core Characters who are probably good and an array of others that you are not quite sure about. But you really want them to get through it all.

I don't really want to give it away. But it's only two books so shouldn't be too hard on your time. And the ending is already written lol

Ah, well then, stop now. Kylar is a literal God, he is immortal, like, truly immortal. However the price that he pays for his power is remarkably high, so high in fact, that there really aren't many who would accept it, though they don't get much of a choice, but that's explained in the books. Kylar though, is a dark character, Brent tries to write a character that can kill and murder, but still be likable. That's one of the things that I love about the books.

God, isn't there ANY series where the ANTAGONISTS can actualy be comepetent. I didn't think this would be hard.

I don't want the hero to be a loser, but I don't want the villain to be either. I want something where both the antagonists and the protagonists are good at what they do. I'm not interested in sitting around reading about the hero being badass

Well there is a named villain and his Arch Imager. And you are pretty sure about another one, but the damn good guys just can't see what you see. They always have a back up plan. Nothing is left to chance. They've been plotting a long time.

The main girl doesn't even belong there and some think she is a toy they created whilst others think she is powerful. You know who she should trust but grrrrrrrr and all that. The Hero man has a reputation for beng the most rubbishest ever but he is still trying. And when he finally gets sorted its like the sunrise coming up in the morning and you just want to cheer.

But even then, they are no match for the bad guys. Or are they?

Archived