DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pevara = black?

joeron bigelow

"So," Pevera said, "you were telling me about your life prior to coming to the Black Tower?"

"I don't believe that I was," Androl said,

Is that a lie Pevera said, or just twisting of words?

Kind of a twisting of words. More like a "sooo...you were telling me about your past" as in she is asking him about his past.

Notice the punctuation there as well, it has a question mark, it's not a statement.

If you read her previous PoV's(especially CoT-22), there is no chance in hell that she is Black.

(It's Pevara btw ;) )

Edited by Finnssss

I think its just a twisting... Pevara has established her intentions to leave the corrupt BT and seems like a fairly decent AS, as AS go. I'd feel betrayed if one of the few AS i actually liked (along with Teslyn, Moirane, and a couple others) was black.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Finnssss.

Edited by fuzz1717

Twisting of words for certain. We know Pevara hates DFs with a passion as they slaughtered her family...

“Before we give her to Elaida, Saerin, I want to dig out as much as we can.

Names, places, anything. Everything she knows!” Darkfriends had killed Pevara’s entire family, and Seaine was sure she would go into exile ready to hunt down every last Black sister personally.

- Winter’s Heart, Prologue

We also see her disgusted by their methods...

What they had learned about the Black Ajah’s means of putting someone to the question was as nauseating as it was incredible.

Forcing a woman into a circle against her will? Guiding a circle to inflict pain? Pevara felt her stomach writhing.

- Knife of Dreams, Prologue

In addition per BS we know she has a moment of awesome fighting Taim at the BT.

Edited by Suttree

Ok I see it now as a subtle twisting of the intent of the statement so it's not really an untruth.

Gawds you think we were getting paid to find every single anomaly in the book. I wonder when AMoL finally comes out and is done...how much free time I get back in my life...or move on to another book.

It could actually be much less nefarious. He might not have meant to do that, or even saw what he did as doing it, but that doesn't mean he told her nothing of his past. After all, he didn't mean to tell Algarin that he was part of that rebellion either, and yet he did.

• 8 years later...

There is however a more troubling line, as Pevara, Androl, and Emarin interrogate a turned ashaman. At Emarin's request, Pevara has just partially removed the bonds of air obstructing the prisoner's hearing. Yet when asked directly: "He cannot hear what we say?" in a rhetorical question by Emarin, she gives a direct untrue answer: "No, Pevara said".

Actually the answer is 100% true.  It's Aes Sedai twisting words.  Look at how the question was worded.

He cannot hear what we say?  Means he is unable to hear us?

By answering No, really means he can hear us.

So by making the question mean he is unable to hear Emarin is able to answer No because he is able to hear.

She could of asked the question in a direct way like Can he still hear us?

Edited by Sabio