DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cairheinan fools (the ones that adopted and corrupted ji eh toh)

Durinax

I was thinking of this, and thought that could rand have fixed some of the issues between the cairheinan and Aiel by giving the fools, that Rhuarc taught a lesson by making them Gaishan after they rioted, to the Maidens in repayment for ditching out on them so much. At the same time it would potentially start lowing the animosity between the two factions.

Or would this be against Aiel custom? I do not see a problem with this since the Cairheinan claim to follow Ji'eh'toh so they could be taken Gaishan.

I don't see anything developing along these lines. Rhuarc didn't make them gai'shain. He just gave them a taste of what it felt like to be gai'shain by making them sit in the sun naked for a while. None of the Aiel consider those people as following true Ji'eh'toh. The maidens wouldn't want them for anything.

From the "fools that follow Ji E ToH" I thought you meant those stupid idiots who think they're so good at everything that follow Fail thinking they're her bodyguard. I can't stand those people, especially when they try to intimidate Perrin (like they thought that would EVER work) and they tell him they serve Fail not him. The whole army acknowledge him as a lord except those idiots. I really want them all to die a painful death along with Fail.

Am I the only one that's amused by them? They don't do any harm and generally give the impression of teenagers trying to strut with the 'in-crowd', but they don't really harm anything.

I'm whole-heartedly with Berelain on that one.

Am I the only one that's amused by them? They don't do any harm and generally give the impression of teenagers trying to strut with the 'in-crowd', but they don't really harm anything.

I'm with you. At first I wanted to give them a fond pat on the head and a bit of encouragement.

They have since proven more useful than first thought, but they amuse me as well.

I always imagined them transforming into a much more formal "Queens Guard", guarding the queen of Manetheren (which I still believe will resurface, Perrin and Elayne's wishes notwithstanding). They will be a mix of men and women blademasters set to guard the queen (and King, as long as it doesn't interfere with protecting the queen), all with strong tendencies toward honor and obligation. These fools are fools, but with some training and experience, and maybe a formalization of their role, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm with you. At first I wanted to give them a fond pat on the head and a bit of encouragement.

They have since proven more useful than first thought, but they amuse me as well.

They've never bothered me much and in some ways, there's a lot to be admired in their efforts to grow. Perrin may think them fools for the effort, but to me their eagerness to abandon the screwed up way of going about things in "great game" infested Cairhien (and really the rest of the WoT Monarchies) is admirable. Sure, it's an awkward beginning, but at least they are willing to learn and adapt.

They've never bothered me much and in some ways, there's a lot to be admired in their efforts to grow. Perrin may think them fools for the effort, but to me their eagerness to abandon the screwed up way of going about things in "great game" infested Cairhien (and really the rest of the WoT Monarchies) is admirable. Sure, it's an awkward beginning, but at least they are willing to learn and adapt.

^This

they amused me with their stupidity, I like it when perrin takes the ones sword from her because she refused to get out of his way, then gave it back so she was go away and quit bothering him

Archived