DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Classic TV. The shows that helped define you.

James Andrew Powell

as a tot, Ghostbusters, TMNT, MLP, Inspector gadget, Smurfs, Gummy Bears, Alvin & the Chipmunks, Garfield, Chip & Dale, You Cant Say That on TV, Dr. Wizard, Mr. Rogers, Salute Your Shorts. these shows i lived and breathed for. especially Ghostbuster. so much so my mom recorded an entire VHS with Ghostbuster episodes.

yes Silver, i totally recall Ghost Writer, though i cant really remember the episodes well.

Magic School Bus and Wishbone are two others i recall <3

other non-cartoon shows i recall. Married with Children, Alf, Dougy Houser, Hercules, Zena, Lois and Clark, 20/20, TGIF lineup, Snick 1990 lineup, In Living Color.

oh lord MMPR ... yeah i was like 8 when that show first started. totally LOVED tommy. Green ranger FTW.

and yes SD, i totally recall when Nick first brought Goosebumps to TV! when flipping through the guide i actually see it still listed, so apparently the show still airs. i liekd the books, loved them infact. but not the show much.

i'd like to give an honerable mention to ahhhhh! Real Monsters though. i loved that short lived cartoon and have yet to see it mentioned.

MASH... I think it was the best show ever made by man. It was funny, snarky, sad, heroic, evil, naughty, nice... heck it had everything you could want in TV. I love it so much i bought the series twice, once in single seasons and once in the huge collectors set.

Star Trek and Star Trek TNG: Defined my love of Sci-Fi

Mr. Wizard, Bill Nye The Science Guy, Beakmans World: I loved anything to do with science and math because of these 3 great shows. They made learning fun and made me want to learn more because of them (3 of the greatest americans ever IMO for teaching kids the love of science)

Cartoons: Mine were limited to Saturday mornings So all i really had were Tom and Jerry, Looney Toons, Thundar, He-Man, and GI Joe. But they all hold a special place in my heart

Yep

Cute Punkish Girl, Freaky Haired Mad Scientist, and man in a rat costume... cant really go wrong with that combination :)

All in the name of science :)

And its available on Netflix (or was last time i checked a few months back) I watched a few episodes again it was nostalgic. I wish Bill Nye was on there as well. I'd watch his whole series again if i could

how abotu PeeWee's Play House!!!

meka-leka-high-meka-hiney-ho!!

god yes that was another one i freakin lived for as a kid!! i loved PeeWee!!

edit - and how could i forget Eurikas Castle. man forget Seasamee Street, that was my show right there!! and Where in the World is Carmen Sandeigo

and Reading Rainbow!!!

*bops around*

• Community Administrator

how abotu PeeWee's Play House!!!

meka-leka-high-meka-hiney-ho!!

god yes that was another one i freakin lived for as a kid!! i loved PeeWee!!

edit - and how could i forget Eurikas Castle. man forget Seasamee Street, that was my show right there!! and Where in the World is Carmen Sandeigo

I couldn't stand PeeWee.

earliest children shows I remember?

Bozo the clown. R.I.P.

Also, I remember being obsessed with watching Bob Vila's shows on, when I was like 4 to 5.

It might have been..

Home Again with Bob Vila

At least according to imdb. (it fits time wise)

Eurika's castle was good... i cant believe i forgot Reading Rainbow. That show was awesome. Lavar Burton reading books that became read stories.

I feel really bad i forgot Reading Rainbow.

"Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high

Take a look, it's in a book - Reading Rainbow.

I can go anywhere!

Friends to know and ways to grow - Reading Rainbow.

I can be anything!

Take a look, it's in a book - Reading Rainbow.

Reading Rainbow, Reading Rainbow, Reading Rainbow, Reading Rainbow!"

Best Theme song ever for a kids show :smile:

Archived