DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can we get a countdown timer for aMoL?

Kara

Would the countdown be for the US release?

Assuming that the book is being released in Australia on the same date, I wonder if someone in the US could get a e-book copy from Oz when it's released in Oz and read it early?

no, no, Jan 8th and arithmatic are fine - I'm just wondering about the time difference. Someone in Oz is going to get their hands on the book 12-16(?) hours before the US.

Yes, this is how it happens.

However, Team Jordan are not releasing the eBook on the Hard/paperback release date, it will be available a few months after.

I am not sure about the audio-book and how that works.

However, I would say that any effort to obtain the book in the time difference would take more time than just waiting for the release in your respective country.

You would also have the added benefit of being considered awesome by everyone ever.

That's what I tell myself when I wake up anyway.

More on the topic, the eBook is set to be released on the 9th of April 2013.

Is the audio-book in digital format? I thought it was a CD/DVD type thing. (I know nothing about audio-book tech.)

Is the audio-book in digital format? I thought it was a CD/DVD type thing. (I know nothing about audio-book tech.)

Vinyl.

No, seriously, it's a download, either to a computer application (OSX / Windows / Linux via Wine), directly to one's kindle, or to iOS/Android apps. It's cool stuff (except that I'm not a big fan of the medium itself, but you just can't beat instant worldwide delivery; oh, wait, what's this I hear? Is there another medium that might fit that bill? Oh, well, not in tWoT I guess :smile:).

Re: countdown. Create one and email Jason@Dragonmount.com about it's potential implementation.

Luckers, This should be just a few lines of javascript which any server admin should be able to easily write themselves. There are even some ready made ones on the web like this one or the one in my sig but it's better to write your own.

Re: countdown. Create one and email Jason@Dragonmount.com about it's potential implementation.

Luckers, This should be just a few lines of javascript which any server admin should be able to easily write themselves. There are even some ready made ones on the web like this one or the one in my sig but it's better to write your own.

Excellent, though before you email Jason make sure you have the right to offer the countdown--before he can even consider making it an element of the site he needs to know you have the right to be duplicating whatever it is you're offering.

Sorry, Luckers. let me clarify. I'm not a programmer or a site designer and I have nothing to do with the links I mentioned. I found them on the web after a few minutes search and they are free to use for anybody. the links are here and here.

But really, for best results everything should be done by the site designer. The countdown counter itself should be just a few lines of javascript - I know that much. the rest is the layout and style design (fonts, size, colors, frame position, shades etc). This is the kind of stuff you don't need or want user help with.

Archived