DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Today's Happy Place. Where is yours?

Ryrin

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of our local Baronies hosts their Beltane event every year. It's this weekend. I have been brushing up on my songs and stories for the bardic competition. :grin: I'm sure other SCA groups do Beltane events. 

That sounds like so much fun!  I am so horribly tempted to find my local SCA group, just so I have a hobby that a bad back can't keep me from doing! *grumbles*

4127508017_0ec98e5a11_z.jpg

In honor of Disney Month: Cinderella's Castle at Disney World's Magic Kingdom! 

Oooh YES! That would be a very happy place. :biggrin: 

This morning I went looking for pictures of "Comfy Beds" cause that would be a happy place this morning. Found this instead. It made me happy too. I have a Pyrennes, and I wonder if he would do this if he and my cats were ever stuck outside in the rain. 

tumblr_lg8ejyrrsB1qay5p7o1_500.jpg

People that I drive out to the country, where a few of the ladies I play BUNCO with live, they curse and I grin. Dirt roads, no street lights... *sighs longingly*

night-sky-contest-2013-twan-city-lights_

I found this on National Geographic. Check out the write up:

Even with the dazzling lights of Salzburg, Austria, shining in the valley, a blanket of cold fog acts as a light-pollution filter, allowing the stars above the surrounding mountain range to sparkle in this February picture.

And despite the glow of a near full moon, the wintertime constellations of Orionand Taurus and the planet Jupiter burn brightly too.

"The City of Salzburg and its light pollution causes me to travel about an hour for fairly good star shooting conditions, and I always have to handle that in my shots," said photographer Andreas Max Böckle.

This photo won top honors in the "Against the Lights" category, which recognizes images that show "how important and amazing the starry sky is and how it affects our lives and also how bad the problem of light pollution has become," says Tafreshi.

Archived