DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Today's Happy Place. Where is yours?

Ryrin

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found them all, Beorn! :) 

My happy place today is Oglethorpe Mall where my husband handed me an extra $100 on top of my $100 in gift cards, took the kids to the soft play area, kissed me goodbye and told me to go shopping. I needed some ME time after the way the girls were all day yesterday (it was a REALLY BAD DAY, yesterday). With Memorial Day Sales in full swing, I got a lot of stuff and didn't spend nearly as much as I would've! I made it a point to spend money on things I wanted, not things I needed, too. I bought two pair of adorable heels that were on sale, with an extra 10% off from the store, then added another coupon for 10% off and paid with a gift card. Two sexy pairs of stilletos in my collection and I didn't pay one red cent for them! :) I picked up a strapless lace shirt with a floral print that matched one of the pairs of shoes for $15, because it was on clearance and their sale was 50% off clearance! I stopped into Bath & Body Works and stocked up on my favorite scent (Japanese Cherry Blossom is my addiction!) because they were running a buy 3, get 3 free sale. I dipped into another store and picked up a pair of jeans and a neato shirt (even though every other shirt I fell in love with, they didn't have in my size!) that were both on sale! Then headed for Barnes and Noble, where I bought a copy of the Three Musketeers for a reread I'm going to do with a friend (perhaps through the blogs here at DM), The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanders, Sharp by Alex Hughes, and a cool journal (I have a collection because I'm an addict) and a canvas bag with a Harry Potter print on the front. I swear I bought another book, too, but I have no idea what it was. I had a $5 gift certificate for the Sanderson book, a 20% off coupon, my 10% membership discount and I still have $10 left on my gift card! hehehehehe

It's retail therapy at its finest and I enjoyed every second! So, that gets my vote for my happy place, today! :) 

Love retail therapy!  I think I would have gone to Barnes and Noble first and never got out!

Yesterday I went to see "The Great Gatsby" and out to dinner with a girlfriend.  Then we took a drive and went here to talke a short walk and watch the sunset:

Picture1-6_zps7fd5d3e2.png

My happy place is my backyard today. :) I spent the afternoon planting and cleaning out boxes and refreshing my poor neglected container garden. It looks pretty pitiful compared to the lush loveliness I had before I had kids, but I'm slowly getting back to my dirt-happy time! :)  

My back yard is a pest haven, so everything I plant veggie-wise gets munched on faster than I can grow it! I do have containers of veggies and herbs on my front porch, though! :-)

Tybee-Island-North-Beach-8.jpg

This is Tybee Island (The North Beach side of the island, anyway). I spent a wonderful couple of hours here with the girls and Dana this weekend and even though I am horribly burnt, I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything! 

orlando-fpp_zpsb4fd1220.jpg

This is Orlando, Florida. I used to live here for awhile. The hubby and I are talking about going back down there soon for a vacation. I sure could use it.

Archived