DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moiraine and her new angreal

jwood01

Did I remember this right?

In tFoH, Moiraine puts the very powerful angreal, that she now has as of ToM, out in the open on the wagon bed, so that Lanfear would find it and go crazy on Rand et al., thus letting Moiraine push Lanfear into Finnland?

She also dragged Rand down to the docks for this confrontation to happen.

She did all this because of her trip through the doorway and the rings at Rhuidean right?

Does this bug anyone else that it is kind of a "seeing the future" thing? Gitara Moroso's actions e.g., sending Luke north, sending Tigraine to the Waste, etc. kind of bug me too.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In tFoH, Moiraine puts the very powerful angreal, that she now has as of ToM, out in the open on the wagon bed, so that Lanfear would find it and go crazy on Rand et al., thus letting Moiraine push Lanfear into Finnland?

She did all this because of her trip through the doorway and the rings at Rhuidean right?

Does this bug anyone else that it is kind of a "seeing the future" thing? Gitara Moroso's actions e.g., sending Luke north, sending Tigraine to the Waste, etc. kind of bug me too.

Yes, that is my understanding. I find "foretelling" exciting. Please refresh my memory on Luc.

IIRC Gitara Moroso convinced Luc to go to the blight.

which is kinda weird. it's like she foresaw that he must be turned to evil or something.

Gitara Sedai saw that the outcome of "Last Battle" depended on him going to the blight.

Well, maybe it's his blood that needs to fall on the rocks of shayol ghul. What's that part of the prophecy about the Broken Wolf. Maybe, the Broken Wolf is him....

She set it all up because of what she saw in the rings at Rhuidian. She left a letter for Rand explaining why she had to do it. She knew her moment would come when word of Morgase's death reached them.

She knew very well what she was getting into. She also left that letter for Thom telling him how to rescue her. She didn't have and Foretelling of her own. The information was given to her at Rhuidian.

She set it all up because of what she saw in the rings at Rhuidian. She left a letter for Rand explaining why she had to do it. She knew her moment would come when word of Morgase's death reached them.

She knew very well what she was getting into. She also left that letter for Thom telling him how to rescue her. She didn't have and Foretelling of her own. The information was given to her at Rhuidian.

Hmmm? Right. The OP's just asking if you're able to believe in the predicting the future thing.

I see. I read this wrong.

I find it believeable. I thing the Foretelling is interesting, just like I think what Min sees is interesting. Maybe sometimes the peron who has the Foretelling knows exactly what it means like when Min sees something and knows what will happen exactly. If the person having the Foretelling is either good at solving puzzles or is blessed with understanding what she Foretold, then I can believe it for sure.

On the other hand, when someone is trying to make it fit into what they want it to mean (like Elaida) then no matter how good the Foretelling was it's pointless. Hmmmm.....

I find it believeable. I thing the Foretelling is interesting, just like I think what Min sees is interesting. Maybe sometimes the peron who has the Foretelling knows exactly what it means like when Min sees something and knows what will happen exactly. If the person having the Foretelling is either good at solving puzzles or is blessed with understanding what she Foretold, then I can believe it for sure.

On the other hand, when someone is trying to make it fit into what they want it to mean (like Elaida) then no matter how good the Foretelling was it's pointless. Hmmmm.....

I actually think it's part and parcel of the story - the actual Wheel of Time - and it's one of the things that makes this story stick out. There's so much foreshadowing and prophecy it makes it fun to figure out or see it unfold.

Plus, if you have trouble with the foretelling/prophecy why not with the magic and the ogier?

I actually think it's part and parcel of the story - the actual Wheel of Time - and it's one of the things that makes this story stick out. There's so much foreshadowing and prophecy it makes it fun to figure out or see it unfold.

Plus, if you have trouble with the foretelling/prophecy why not with the magic and the ogier?

Exactly. Excellent point.

which is kinda weird. it's like she foresaw that he must be turned to evil or something.

Gitara Sedai saw that the outcome of "Last Battle" depended on him going to the blight.

What's that part of the prophecy about the Broken Wolf. Maybe, the Broken Wolf is him....

Ive thought about that too, always wondered whether Luc was a corrupted wolfbrother. As for why he would need to go the the blight... well that I have no idea, unless there is still a good part of him.. doubtful think its more likely that if he hadnt gone to the blight, then Tigraine wouldnt have been able to escape to the blight as easily, or he would have done something to make the succession in Andor go wrong?

What's that part of the prophecy about the Broken Wolf. Maybe, the Broken Wolf is him....

Ive thought about that too, always wondered whether Luc was a corrupted wolfbrother. As for why he would need to go the the blight... well that I have no idea, unless there is still a good part of him.. doubtful think its more likely that if he hadnt gone to the blight, then Tigraine wouldnt have been able to escape to the blight as easily, or he would have done something to make the succession in Andor go wrong?

I doubt he could have messed up the succession, unless the brother of the queen (with the position he is supposed to hold) actually holds a stronger claim to the throne than the former prince consort.

Tigraine fled to the Waste not the blight too btw.

The whole series is based on a Foretelling. Without Gitara's Foretelling, Moiraine and Siuan don't start a 20 year search for the Dragon Reborn. Siuan doesn't become Amyrlin. Moiraine doesn't find Rand, and he is probably killed by the Shadow in some fashion.

Gitara. Elaida. Min. The Finns. The Rings in Rhuidean. Nicola. Egwene's Dreams and those of the Aiel Dreamwalkers.

All integral to the series from the start. If you find them hard to believe, perhaps fantasy literature is not the place for you?

The whole series is based on a Foretelling. Without Gitara's Foretelling, Moiraine and Siuan don't start a 20 year search for the Dragon Reborn. Siuan doesn't become Amyrlin. Moiraine doesn't find Rand, and he is probably killed by the Shadow in some fashion.

Gitara. Elaida. Min. The Finns. The Rings in Rhuidean. Nicola. Egwene's Dreams and those of the Aiel Dreamwalkers.

All integral to the series from the start. If you find them hard to believe, perhaps fantasy literature is not the place for you?

Without Gitara's foretelling Rand isn't even born...

I thought Gitara had to tell Luc to flee to the Blight to get Tigrane's head so messed up that she was miserable, and thus when she told her to flee to the waste, between her deadbeat husband and missing her dear brother, she was just mentally unbalanced enough to do it. That's how I read it anyway, Luc was just a pawn who had to be gotten rid of. Otherwise he would have tracked Tigrane down and ruined everything (aside from the mental anguish needed)

Without Gitara's foretelling Rand isn't even born...

Didn't her foretelling come right after he was born? I thought the foretelling included something like "he takes his first breaths".

He meant the initial fortelling telling Tigrane to leave her country and kingdom.

Didn't the AoL Aes Sedai also have a foretelling that sent the Aiel to the waste?

Actually I asked Brandon about the angreal, and he stated that it was different to the one used at the docks, despite the similar physical descriptions.

Actually I asked Brandon about the angreal, and he stated that it was different to the one used at the docks, despite the similar physical descriptions.

Really?

Seems odd...

Archived