DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Characters you picture(d) incorrectly

Alric

Definitely pictured Thom to be a LOT older than he was supposed to be. Too late to change that now. The image is stuck in my mind. Still made me have trouble with events at the end of ToM though

I had the same problem, for some reason even though it only ever goes on about his mustache, I've always imagined him with a huge white beard.. much like merlin from disneys sword in the stone, only... wrinklyer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely pictured Thom to be a LOT older than he was supposed to be. Too late to change that now. The image is stuck in my mind. Still made me have trouble with events at the end of ToM though

I had the same problem, for some reason even though it only ever goes on about his mustache, I've always imagined him with a huge white beard.. much like merlin from disneys sword in the stone, only... wrinklyer

Sadly, I started EotW right after watching Star Wars Ep 1 Phantom Menace. And WHY OH WHY this is who I pictured Thom as and now it is way too late to change that:

http://i2.listal.com/image/945010/600full-oliver-ford-davies.jpg

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsD/4270-23933.jpg

Tuon being really black. I must of missed it the first time or I am just racist :(

Do you mean that she is black or that you imaged her to be , because I will faint if she is black , I have always seen her as sunburned and therefore the description dark. In the beginning a saw Rand, Perrin and Mat as very much younger when I read the story , until TSR where they become more mature in my eyes. When I read about Min I get a picture of a boyish Manga girl , with large and shiny eyes and very obvious body language.

Tuon being really black. I must of missed it the first time or I am just racist :(

Do you mean that she is black or that you imaged her to be , because I will faint if she is black , I have always seen her as sunburned and therefore the description dark. In the beginning a saw Rand, Perrin and Mat as very much younger when I read the story , until TSR where they become more mature in my eyes. When I read about Min I get a picture of a boyish Manga girl , with large and shiny eyes and very obvious body language.

She is. It's funny, because once it was pointed out to me, I went back and reread it and got it.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/tuon/Darth_Andrea/Tuon.jpg

Tuon is definately black. Hurin, I dunno. I see "aged wood" as more a brown color. Julin is very dark. I do think, to be honest, that Jordan was playing a bit there. The description of Tuon is clear but not prominant or repeated, and I think he may have been making a point about people's assumptions.

I've never quite been able to drawn a clear mental distinction between the descriptions of Nynaeve and Egwene, except that Nyn is a bit older.

Jordan did a better job of some descriptions than others. I knew instantly just what Faile looked like, and my mental picture holds up if I re-read the description.

Oh, and this is somewhat piggish of me, I suppose, but I was surprised when Min thinks of herself as having "more to show" than the other girls. Maybe just because the descriptions focus attention on her backside, rather than her front.

Tuon is definately black. Hurin, I dunno. I see "aged wood" as more a brown color. Julin is very dark. I do think, to be honest, that Jordan was playing a bit there. The description of Tuon is clear but not prominant or repeated, and I think he may have been making a point about people's assumptions.

I've never quite been able to drawn a clear mental distinction between the descriptions of Nynaeve and Egwene, except that Nyn is a bit older.

Jordan did a better job of some descriptions than others. I knew instantly just what Faile looked like, and my mental picture holds up if I re-read the description.

Oh, and this is somewhat piggish of me, I suppose, but I was surprised when Min thinks of herself as having "more to show" than the other girls. Maybe just because the descriptions focus attention on her backside, rather than her front.

Well, dark wood is the color of most "Black" people. I'm sure as heck wod brown.

/goes and stands next to a tree naked and dissapears

I thought Gawyn was average height (around 6'), but during my current reread I noticed that Egwene describes him as similar height to Rand, so like 6'5 or around there.

I also thought Bashere was a large man, but just noticed that he is actually quite small.

On my first few read throughs I thought Nynaeve was tall, but eventually realized she is short.

I also always pictured Graendal as having black hair, but she has blonde hair.

I thought Gawyn was average height (around 6'), but during my current reread I noticed that Egwene describes him as similar height to Rand, so like 6'5 or around there.

I also thought Bashere was a large man, but just noticed that he is actually quite small.

On my first few read throughs I thought Nynaeve was tall, but eventually realized she is short.

I also always pictured Graendal as having black hair, but she has blonde hair.

I've never figured out what is average height there.

Case in point...I just started re-reading the series and felt like an idiot when I was reminded that Moiraine has dark hair....felt like a moron. For some reason, probably testosterone and an affinity for blonds, I want to put blond hair on every female in the books...save Tuon and any Brown....

I got it stuck in my head that Ogier look more like horses than people - I imagine them all as giants with the heads of horses with shorter faces than an actual horse. No idea why, but I still can't get it out of my head.

I also picture all Nym as SwampThing, regardless of any actual descriptions.

I got it stuck in my head that Ogier look more like horses than people - I imagine them all as giants with the heads of horses with shorter faces than an actual horse. No idea why, but I still can't get it out of my head.

ii've always pictured them with thick, grey fur.

Oh, I was just guessing that average was 6'. Maybe i should rephrase to: I always pictured Gawyn as 6', but he is actually quite a bit taller; as tall as Rand.

Well Rand's only 6'5, so it's not that far off.

Oh, I was just guessing that average was 6'. Maybe i should rephrase to: I always pictured Gawyn as 6', but he is actually quite a bit taller; as tall as Rand.

Well Rand's only 6'5, so it's not that far off.

As someone who is 6' and has quite a few friends who are 6'5''; 5" is actually quite a difference.

I think I dont see Trollocs as they are. I picture them as brute animal humanoids, not brute human-like stuff with a beak or horns and hooves. And yea Loial, I cant really say much other than some sort of huge goat/bear man type wierd thing.

Also Im convinced half the forum still thinks Taim had tilted eyes hahahahaha

Case in point...I just started re-reading the series and felt like an idiot when I was reminded that Moiraine has dark hair....felt like a moron. For some reason, probably testosterone and an affinity for blonds, I want to put blond hair on every female in the books...save Tuon and any Brown....

lol One of the things I noticed early on was that blonds are quite scarce in the story. They're a species restricted to Andor (and only close to Caemlyn), Aiel, Seanchan, Forsaken, and Taraboner. Two out of ten of the Forsaken are blonds (not counting the graying or masked), which I would say is about the same odds for the rest of the books' population. Amongst the most important female characters: Elayne(?)/Amys/Morgase(?) are blonds while Egwene/Siuan/Moraine/Min/Nyn/Faile/Berelain/Tuon/Elaida/Egeanin are dark haired. Gawyn is a blond while Mat/Perrin/Galad/Logain/Aram/Taim are all dark haired. Gingers are fairly represented on the other hand due to their massive numbers amongst the Aiel.

Archived