DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So you know that scene in LotR when...

The Fellowship is canoeing down a river? I get to go do that! Well not the same place as they filmed it but I am going on a canoeing trip. I thought of the reference not too long ago and have been making jokes about how we should have swords, arrows, awesome cloaks, etc. However I keep getting weird looks because of it. *sigh* So instead I thought to share my nerdiness with you guys. If you have any jokes, stories, etc that you'd like to share about LotR or to reference the one scene, go ahead! :biggrin:

Iv been on a canoing/camping weekend. As in canoeing down a river in Wales and stopping to camp each night. It was great fun. Except I am way too competitive and so each time we set off i was the last in the water (have to launch one by one) and then really pushed hard to over take everyone along the way and get to the next landing spot first, which i did without fail. However, we also rowed in teams of two and rotated partners at each stop, and people quickly did not want to be my partner because i was so determined to go as fast as possible and not rest or coast at all along the way.

Also, splashing is fun. If you are in a two man canoe, be sure to sit strategically. If you are in the front you will get splashed accidentally less, but you will be an easier target for deliberate splashing.

Also, I saw one canoe crash into a tree and the guys in it went flying. hilarious.

Also, these two young lads pulled up and got out but let go of the rope to the canoe....bye bye, canoe.

That is all.

Archived