DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Headdesk moments

Elgee

Driving through a snowy pass...and the snow chains are meant to fit another car not ours... >.< *headglovecompartment*

Im too young to diiie...

funny, yet concerned for safety, so will not until you are through safely

headdesk moments are a daily event around me

My cousin tried to zoom in by pinching the screen on a non touch phone

I always end up going to get something and then forget what I was going to get

My cousin asks whether Wisconsin is a state

My classmate states the capital of Georgia the country instead of georgia the state

I could go on, but the list is endless for me

Ironically this actually gave me a slight headdesk moment! I just sat for about a minute wondering how you can pinch a phone (with images of someone actually trying to pinch the screen up like you would if it was skin)...

And I can top the Wisconsin thing, one of my old classmates once asked if the Wirral (a small headland about an hour's drive from where I live, still in the same county) is different country. Even better... she used to live there!

That's pretty sad, but I think that I can top even that. i had a classmate who loved playing jokes, so he went up to a fellow 8th grader and pulled out a huge stack of one dollar bills that he had. He told her that he had grown it from a money tree and she said really? he told her that it just was harvested and she asked how you got one. he told her you plant a one dollar bill and it will grow. Now listen to this. She actually took the one dollar bill and started to dig and plant it into the ground. that was kind of sad for me.

Seriously?... that really is quite something! How long did it take her to realise?

Driving through a snowy pass...and the snow chains are meant to fit another car not ours... >.< *headglovecompartment*

Im too young to diiie...

Eek, manage to get through okay? Snow chains don't really exist where I am... our country kind of goes 'Ahh, one centimetre of snow, halt everything!'. You would think they'd have learned to do something about that by now... cue annual headdesk moment for England?

headdesk moments are a daily event around me

My cousin tried to zoom in by pinching the screen on a non touch phone

I always end up going to get something and then forget what I was going to get

My cousin asks whether Wisconsin is a state

My classmate states the capital of Georgia the country instead of georgia the state

I could go on, but the list is endless for me

Ironically this actually gave me a slight headdesk moment! I just sat for about a minute wondering how you can pinch a phone (with images of someone actually trying to pinch the screen up like you would if it was skin)...

And I can top the Wisconsin thing, one of my old classmates once asked if the Wirral (a small headland about an hour's drive from where I live, still in the same county) is different country. Even better... she used to live there!

That's pretty sad, but I think that I can top even that. i had a classmate who loved playing jokes, so he went up to a fellow 8th grader and pulled out a huge stack of one dollar bills that he had. He told her that he had grown it from a money tree and she said really? he told her that it just was harvested and she asked how you got one. he told her you plant a one dollar bill and it will grow. Now listen to this. She actually took the one dollar bill and started to dig and plant it into the ground. that was kind of sad for me.

Seriously?... that really is quite something! How long did it take her to realise?

Im too young to diiie...

Eek, manage to get through okay? Snow chains don't really exist where I am... our country kind of goes 'Ahh, one centimetre of snow, halt everything!'. You would think they'd have learned to do something about that by now... cue annual headdesk moment for England?

I don't know, I only heard the first part of the story.

Oh I have these all the time in work. I work in a restaurant and there are moments where I want to just bang my head against the wall. The lack of common sense is astounding. Here's a conversation that went on between myself and a customer. Now keep in mind we are not a vegan/vegetarian orientated restaurant.

Customer: "Do you have any vegan friendly meals?"

Me: "We can customize about anything on the menu. There's a few salads, we can do a veggie stir fry with an organic base, wheat nachos with no cheese, a fruit platter, alfredo pasta made with soy milk, or any pasta dish with our house tomato sauce."

Customer: "How about a pizza with veggies on it"

Me: "Are you sure about that"

Customer: "Yes that's what I want"

So I put the order in. Working in a restaurant I'm familiar with what vegans/vegetarians, or people with gluten allergies can and cannot have. I knew that vegans don't like to eat dairy products but I wasn't going to argue with her because I confirmed that she wanted the pizza. Plus I can't deny a customer what they want unless it is an allergy.

I bring her the pizza and she starts freaking out.

"This has real cheese on it!"

"Yes, it's a pizza."

"You're supposed to put dairy free cheese on it, what kind of restaurant is this?"

So I just got her one without cheese. I'm sorry but common sense dictates that if you order a pizza it's going to have cheese on it. I can't assume that you want it a specific way, I put the order in the way you tell me that you want it. If it comes out the way that you said that you want it you shouldn't be complaining. And what the bloody hell is dairy free cheese, plastic?"

This other time a customer ordered a well done burger and started asking where it was about four minutes after they ordered it. I reminded him that it was well done and he said it shouldn't take four minutes for a well done burger. I told him that burger king was right down the street.

"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire

“Because you can't argue with all the fools in the world. It's easier to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not paying attention.” - Christopher Paolini

Two of my favorite quotes about common sense.

I work retail. We are a small store so most of the time we only have one register open. The other register we have a sign that says "this register closed". It never fails that a customer will stand there and wait to be checked out. Our charity at work is The Literacy Foundation. We have these pamphlets that say "Would you like to learn how to read". So tempted to put one of those in their bag when they do finally figure out they are at the wrong register. Maybe they will get the hint.

Oh I have these all the time in work. I work in a restaurant and there are moments where I want to just bang my head against the wall. The lack of common sense is astounding. Here's a conversation that went on between myself and a customer. Now keep in mind we are not a vegan/vegetarian orientated restaurant.

Customer: "Do you have any vegan friendly meals?"

Me: "We can customize about anything on the menu. There's a few salads, we can do a veggie stir fry with an organic base, wheat nachos with no cheese, a fruit platter, alfredo pasta made with soy milk, or any pasta dish with our house tomato sauce."

Customer: "How about a pizza with veggies on it"

Me: "Are you sure about that"

Customer: "Yes that's what I want"

So I put the order in. Working in a restaurant I'm familiar with what vegans/vegetarians, or people with gluten allergies can and cannot have. I knew that vegans don't like to eat dairy products but I wasn't going to argue with her because I confirmed that she wanted the pizza. Plus I can't deny a customer what they want unless it is an allergy.

I bring her the pizza and she starts freaking out.

"This has real cheese on it!"

"Yes, it's a pizza."

"You're supposed to put dairy free cheese on it, what kind of restaurant is this?"

So I just got her one without cheese. I'm sorry but common sense dictates that if you order a pizza it's going to have cheese on it. I can't assume that you want it a specific way, I put the order in the way you tell me that you want it. If it comes out the way that you said that you want it you shouldn't be complaining. And what the bloody hell is dairy free cheese, plastic?"

This other time a customer ordered a well done burger and started asking where it was about four minutes after they ordered it. I reminded him that it was well done and he said it shouldn't take four minutes for a well done burger. I told him that burger king was right down the street.

"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire

“Because you can't argue with all the fools in the world. It's easier to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not paying attention.” - Christopher Paolini

Two of my favorite quotes about common sense.

I work retail. We are a small store so most of the time we only have one register open. The other register we have a sign that says "this register closed". It never fails that a customer will stand there and wait to be checked out. Our charity at work is The Literacy Foundation. We have these pamphlets that say "Would you like to learn how to read". So tempted to put one of those in their bag when they do finally figure out they are at the wrong register. Maybe they will get the hint.

I've worked in both the food industry and the customer service industry so I feel both of you on this.. It's amazing how dense the general public can be!

I agree with those quotes, Masema ... lol

Nic, I have the ask ... what is the point of having a pamphlet that asks people if they want to learn to read?? o_O

My boss got an email about a complaint a colleague of mine was dealing with, asking her to move it from her queue into his. We knew nothing of this email. It was pretty quiet (for once) when she blurted out really loudly, "I haven't got a Hymen"

There was a moment's silence before we all cracked up laughing and she physically banged her head on her desk and turned bright red. The customer's name was Mr Hymen.

I agree with those quotes, Masema ... lol

Nic, I have the ask ... what is the point of having a pamphlet that asks people if they want to learn to read?? o_O

Really I have no idea cause they wouldn't be able to read it anyway. But we have them. Another headdesk moment.

I was staring up at the stars one night and turned to my husband said "honey, if all the stars out there are like our sun, why are they so much smaller than it? What made ours so big?" he stared at me blankly for a second and I caught it before he could laugh. I turned red and told him to not say one word and to never speak of the moment again. Yeah that was so much of a headdesk moment it was more or a headdesk and dig a hope to crawl into moment.

Work ranting. Okay, i hate my work. So last Saturday we ran out of tortillas to make burritos, and THIS Saturday we run out of sour cream and lemonade and mountain dew and cherry pepsi. I swear every single person that we told we were out of SC to got to the window and was like "How do you run out of sour cream???" with this OMG FOR REALZ!?!? face on. Um, we run out of sour cream the same way anyone would run out of sour cream: we used it all. Sorry that I have the worst boss ever who doesn't know how to order truck every week and therefore screws me over on Saturday nights. *soooo angry*

I'm about ready to quit, but no where else is hiring so I'd have no way to pay for college. Ugh.

Archived