DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Headdesk moments

Elgee

Ever had them? Feel free to post them here.

Got this email at work yesterday:

Good Morning Laura-Gene

I trust you well.

I have a serious plumbing issue at my apartment. I have no to limited water coming from my bathroom shower and no cold water coming from my bathroom tap.

Please can I ask you to look into this as a matter of urgency as I was quite delayed this morning due to no water (shower) and then secondly no cold water (bath tub) at work.

Then in addition. The creeks in the house, especially the bedroom is starting to look quite bad, not sure if its weather related. I thought that perhaps the room can be repainted in another colour, if the creeks cannot be properly covered up. This might be petty but its quite difficult to ignore and im just concerned that the longer its remains unfixed, the worse the damage might get

Awaiting for your response

Regards

I'm very sorry that she has no cold water (bath tub) at work. I'll contact her employer right away and demand her civil rights to have cold baths at work.

She will just have to accept the small rivers in her house - they were a major selling point and the only reason she signed the rental contract in the first place so she can't change her mind about that now. I'm willing to repaint the bedroom another colour, though, as I can imagine that white must clash badly with water colour. I'll also speak to the weather gods to not make so much weather.

If you say so. It's "though", not "tho", by the way.

I have plenty of headdesk moments from my work. They drive me up the freaking walls! But then I would turn into a work-ranter and that would become a 500 page book of my rantings. (Sorry for the run-on)

Ok best headdesk moment ever...

I was getting ready to go to the store (a simple 4 flights of stairs and a 2 minute walk at most)

First I can't find my wallet, search around for like 5 minutes, and find it.

Then my keys go missing (did not need them to drive but we have auto lock doors in the dorms...) so look for those for another 5 minutes

and THEN I can't find my phone sooooo yeah... I have the organization skills of a monkey...

Well, apart from a boss who "doesn't like confrontation", doesn't like me becuase I "have an attitude", treats the Hispanics that work there like they're children and talks to them as such, then blantantly says to my face that she's going to take a person away from our night shift because we don't need them and we don't do much anyways, yet expects us to do MORE with less people? THEN tells me that "we're not that busy at night time anyways, so it's okay to add more work" (she apparently doesn't look at our sales for nighttime) AND she thinks it's okay to go home early, and likes to waste labor with 2 extra people on HER shifts while the rest of us struggle on the busiest days of the week being understaffed?

I'm a manager at Taco Bell, by the way. Fast food and customer service is stressful... but I have to pay for college..

Ok best headdesk moment ever...

I was getting ready to go to the store (a simple 4 flights of stairs and a 2 minute walk at most)

First I can't find my wallet, search around for like 5 minutes, and find it.

Then my keys go missing (did not need them to drive but we have auto lock doors in the dorms...) so look for those for another 5 minutes

and THEN I can't find my phone sooooo yeah... I have the organization skills of a monkey...

Hahaha! Awwww I'm always losing my glasses only to find out they're on my face, but you do seem very disorganized :P

Well, apart from a boss who "doesn't like confrontation", doesn't like me becuase I "have an attitude", treats the Hispanics that work there like they're children and talks to them as such, then blantantly says to my face that she's going to take a person away from our night shift because we don't need them and we don't do much anyways, yet expects us to do MORE with less people? THEN tells me that "we're not that busy at night time anyways, so it's okay to add more work" (she apparently doesn't look at our sales for nighttime) AND she thinks it's okay to go home early, and likes to waste labor with 2 extra people on HER shifts while the rest of us struggle on the busiest days of the week being understaffed?

I'm a manager at Taco Bell, by the way. Fast food and customer service is stressful... but I have to pay for college..

you forgot to mention the drive-through pick up lines!

biggest headesk moments I have are trying to carry stuff out of the store instead of getting help because I clearly bought more than I could cary with one hand as the other is being used for my cane...

you forgot to mention the drive-through pick up lines!

biggest headesk moments I have are trying to carry stuff out of the store instead of getting help because I clearly bought more than I could cary with one hand as the other is being used for my cane...

Oh my gosh, I've been asked to prom, asked for my phone number, marriage, a date, etc... It's the southern accent, these freaking northerners swoon when they hear that southern drawl. *le sigh* And the drunks, they make me want to just bang my head against the wall. I've called the cops on probably 6 drunk drivers in the past few months, because they can barely keep their eyes open and are slumped over their steering wheels. >_> Gorrammit! WHY must we be the only Taco Bell in town surrounded by THREE bars AND a strip club?! Gao!

*doesn't accept help from strangers and only buys as much as she can carry* I also never leave a store without having my cell in my pocket and my keys in my hand as self-defense/weapon. *paranoid individual*

I'm quite good at having head-desk moments when it comes to finding places... my personal favourite was when my friend and I were visiting a city and decided to try and find the river to have lunch by. I had a vague recollection of the river being north of the city, so I picked a road that seemed to be heading that way and followed it. Somehow our directions got a little bit altered, but after about a forty-minute walk we found the river behind a nice little park. After lunch, we moved a little further round the corner and... oh look... there's the castle we'd been standing right next to before we decided to try and find the river... I've learnt not to trust my instincts when it comes to directions!

EP, I can just see you running around like a headless chicken on speed, trying to find your stuff! lol

Alannalynn, I think it must be hilarious to work so close to a strip club. You should keep a camera handy :P (for the husbands who frequent the place, not the strippers themselves - good blackmail opportunity!)

Melanas, that sounds like my sister ... lol ... she's forever arguing with me about where the mountain is, when I can see the damn thing right over her shoulder!

I can't seem to find it on Facebook but a friend of mine had posted a news paper clipping. It was a letter written to have a deer crossing sign moved to a less trafficked location so the deer wouldn't get hit anymore. Just speechless. lol

headdesk moments are a daily event around me

My cousin tried to zoom in by pinching the screen on a non touch phone

I always end up going to get something and then forget what I was going to get

My cousin asks whether Wisconsin is a state

My classmate states the capital of Georgia the country instead of georgia the state

I could go on, but the list is endless for me

I spent most of last night and today cleaning up the house (doing dishes, wiping down everything, laundry, picking up toys and such) and within an hour my son manged to unfold all the clothes, draw on the wall, knock over the trashcan and make the livingroom look like it exploded with his toys... *headdesk*

EP, I can just see you running around like a headless chicken on speed, trying to find your stuff! lol

Alannalynn, I think it must be hilarious to work so close to a strip club. You should keep a camera handy :P (for the husbands who frequent the place, not the strippers themselves - good blackmail opportunity!)

Melanas, that sounds like my sister ... lol ... she's forever arguing with me about where the mountain is, when I can see the damn thing right over her shoulder!

We always know when the strippers come through because they have a huuuuuge stack of ones. And we know when men are going there because they have a huuuge stack of ones. And for some reason they find it appropriate to give us $20+ in one dollar bills.... which is annoying, because by the end of the night we have over 100 $1 bills and nowhere to put them. *le sigh*

I get asked a lot of stupid questions though... like the other night, we ran out of 10" and 12" tortillas and we couldn't make burritos, crunchwraps, or quesadillas (which we told them). So they ask, can you still make tacos? Chalupas? Mexican pizzas? Um.... yes. Or even better, they still try to buy a burrito. >_>

We're a Taco Bell/Pizza Hut Express, but our PH closes at 10pm every night. And every night we get about 20 people asking us "can I get a pepperoni pizza?" "HECK NO! No, our pizza hut closes at 10 o'clock every night." "Okay, sorry. Can I get an order of breadsticks?" "....How many Taco Bells do you know that serve breadsticks on their menu? That's part of Pizza Hut, BAKA!"

Customers are sooo stupid. "Can I get a taco with no whipped cream/mayo/etc" "You mean sour cream?" "Oh.. yeah." *facepalm*

My classmate states the capital of Georgia the country instead of georgia the state

Ironically this actually gave me a slight headdesk moment! I just sat for about a minute wondering how you can pinch a phone (with images of someone actually trying to pinch the screen up like you would if it was skin)...

And I can top the Wisconsin thing, one of my old classmates once asked if the Wirral (a small headland about an hour's drive from where I live, still in the same county) is different country. Even better... she used to live there!

Ironically this actually gave me a slight headdesk moment! I just sat for about a minute wondering how you can pinch a phone (with images of someone actually trying to pinch the screen up like you would if it was skin)...

And I can top the Wisconsin thing, one of my old classmates once asked if the Wirral (a small headland about an hour's drive from where I live, still in the same county) is different country. Even better... she used to live there!

That's pretty sad, but I think that I can top even that. i had a classmate who loved playing jokes, so he went up to a fellow 8th grader and pulled out a huge stack of one dollar bills that he had. He told her that he had grown it from a money tree and she said really? he told her that it just was harvested and she asked how you got one. he told her you plant a one dollar bill and it will grow. Now listen to this. She actually took the one dollar bill and started to dig and plant it into the ground. that was kind of sad for me.

Archived