DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How much do you read WOT?

kruss2828

I love this because I just checked DM and found that there are other people like me. My little brother came to me a few years ago and told me to read this great series by RJ. I said he was crazy becuase fantasy was not my thing. He promised me that if I read the EOTW that I would love it. So I did...and he was right. I got hooked. I live in a town without a bookstore so he would send me each book in turn with a questionaire about the last book, and he would insist that I make a projection about the next book. If I didn't comply he wouldn't send me the next book! So I read the series in a matter of weeks and have been hooked ever since. I have heard that many people read the series each time a new book comes out. I have read the quite a few time now and evey time I re-read them I find something I didn't notice before. So I am curious as to how many time eveyone has read the series and what you all noticed after reading them again. Let me know! Thanks to all and go in the light!

Couldn't tell you how many times I've read them...I tend to enjoy the earlier books more, though I've read all the way through the series each time a new book has been released, since about Crown of Swords (when I started reading the series). I tend to get annoyed by certain characters each time I read through again (Cadsuane, Elayne, Aviendha [though I like her as a character]), but it's simply how most women are portrayed in the series...doesn't detract from the enjoyment. Glad to hear your enjoying them, I know of no one, first hand, who has the read the series, so I know the feeling.

I've read the series 4 times, and will continue to read it once a year. Which is hard cause I usually want to read it 2 or 3 times a year. I notice things about the history, and the second age's connection to our own world, along with some motivations I may have missed. But now I read it alongside looking up the notes in encycolopedia-wot.org, so catch a lot more that way.

I started reading them about three years ago, while I was still in high school - I was recovering from surgery at home and was bored out of my mind - and a good friend of mine brought over her WOT books for me to read. Now I can't stop reading them.

My plan is to read them about once a year - so I don't get tired of them. (Although, I don't know how it's possible to get tired of the WOT characters!)

I totally got burned out on another series because I read them too many times.

At the moment, I'm re-reading them for my third time.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished EOTW right when TGH was released, as you can imagine quite a few years ago. And I have tried to time finishing my rereads every time with the release of the newest book. It has been difficult however with the increasing size reduction and length of time between books, Im not complaining, its obviously a great story or we wouldn't be on this site, just can't wait for the finale, thats all.

I, unfortunately, cannot re-read the whole series. I made the mistake of lending my early set of books to others in a bid to turn them on to the series. Alas, I was successful and havn't seen those books back since!

I do have the last 3 books, with Shadow Rising, Fires of Heaven and Lord of Chaos around. I am missing the first three and Path of Daggers, the latter I seemed to have misplaced it somewhere.

I do read Winters Heart and Knife of Dreams quite a bit. I read Shadow Rising whenever I can. I think that book is the masterwork of the series in a lot of ways.

Fact is, the Wheel of Time is simply the richest series I've ever read. No other series I've come across can be read and re-read as often and not get old.

I have probably read the first three or four books of the series like seven times. The rest probably three. I always start reading and then something comes up. But I have to start back at the beginning because I like the whole story in a line.

i was finishing up book 2 right as book 3 came out (yes, really, that long ago). when book 4 was coming out, i reread everything, then read 4, then reread everything again. since then, my pattern is: buy new book, reread last book, read new book, reread new book, reread entire series. i have no idea how many that makes reading each book. i really put off reading KoD until recently but now i've read that, and i'm going back to WH, then CoT, then reread KoD. unfortunately, i don't have all my books with me or i'd prolly reread the series AGAIN. these are the only books i can do that. there are very few books that make me want to reread then and RJ is the only author that i not only want to reread, but look forward to it. and like a couple of people have said STILL find things i missed. i've been totally amazed by his use of forshadowing with each read. it's amazing how early in the story some things are forshadowed. his books are simply the most detailed and thought out story i've ever heard of.

Archived