DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DM SG Board Game - White Tower

The ACW is currently creating a DM SG Board Game. This game will depict all of the Social Groups on DM and be playable for all.

To ensure that all social groups are represented accurately, we will be needing your input. To make helping us more tempting, there are awards for the most helpful SG's.

All you need to do is submit card ideas. Your faction has the following types of cards:

Action Cards: Cards that make a person have to do something until their next turn or for a limited amount of time. No violence. No stripping. No inappropriate touching. PG13 rule applies.

ex: Action Card: You have been wounded in battle, you must bandage your chest before time runs out.

Drawing Cards: You have to draw a certain item in a limited amount of time and get your teammates to guess what it is. No talking. No noises. No gestures. These do not require a story, but whatever you tell them to draw must be connected to either your faction or the online Social Group representing it.

Create Cards: We will supply everyone with a recipe for homemade plato. These cards will be the people or things that they must sculpt in a certain amount of time and get other people to guess. No talking. No noises. No gestures. Whatever you have them create must be connected to your faction.

Question Cards: Questions regarding Wheel of Time knowledge and concepts. No spoilers. No characters. No places.

ex: Question Card: Who Channels Saiden? A. men B. women. C. Lamas (but obviously they shouldn't be quite that simple.)

Guess the Truth Cards: Three incorrect statements and one correct one. The player who's turn it is must guess which statement is correct.

ex: Guess the Truth Card: 1. The Blue Ajah is in love with The Game of Thrones 2. The Blue Ajah is in love with Harry Potter.

Act Out Cards: You must act out something or someone and have other players guess what or who it is, and that character or concept must be related to your faction.

Manipulation Card: Confuses another player into moving backwards on their next turn.

ex: You cleverly invited your nemesis over for tea and have successfully confused them. They move back x spaces.

Warder Card: Can be held on to defending against the next evil card you draw.

The Warder and Manipulation Cards are a special cards, so only one of each will make it into the game (But with enough ideas there is always the chance that we will make a few sets of card decks, thus using more of these cards) but you can still submit as many ideas for it as you like.

The others will also be very limited when it comes to how many make it into the game, but again, we want as many ideas as possible to open up the possibility of creating more decks later on to freshen up the game play.

When submitting a card idea, bear in mind that this game is a DM Board Game. This means that you can submit card ideas which center around things that your online group is known for.

An example of this would be the Wolfkin dunking each other in Chili. This does not happen in the book but could be brought up in the actual game.

Here is how you submit your card ideas:

State what type of card you are making, then what text will be put on the card. The actions are predetermined so you just have to say what is happening that causes those actions to occur, or what is about to be created.

You will post those ideas here, in this thread, with each entry neatly separated by using the return bar. I do not want to have to fish through a paragraph to find your entries.

To learn more about the competition and to see where your group is currently ranked, look here:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/69944-dm-sg-board-game-competition/

If there is anything you don't understand please check this thread for more information:

http://www.dragonmou...rmation-thread/

If after reading this you find that you still have questions please post them there or pm me.

just so everyone knows. Ill be here as well if you want to bounce idea's off me or need help with anything. I can also help with putting some of your idea's into practice (though it might take some time between working and all)

Let me know if you need anything :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Drawing Cards/Create cards (I think they could be interchangeable):

• crochet/knitting needle
  • yarn
  • paintbrush
  • palette
  • pen/pencil
  • eraser
  • brain
  • woman/man
  • crown (to represent that the Gray Ajah in the books was the political Ajah.)

Draw cards only:

• scroll
  • ink jar
  • feather pen
  • woman/man holding a light above her hand i.e. channeling

Thats all I can think of right now.

I thought that we had to have drawings, and sunce I SUCK at anything requiring hand-eye coordination, i didn't even attempt to submit anything,,, but i digress... hmmm... well, to be honest, my ideas stink, but I am trying to help out... >.>

Action Cards: Cards that make a person have to do something until their next turn or for a limited amount of time. No violence. No stripping. No inappropriate touching. PG13 rule applies.

1. have a picture of someone sneaking past some guards. Caption could be "Scout out the city"

2. Have a drawing of a wagon, with someone walking next to it. Caption could be "Protect a caravan"

3. Draw someone sick in bed, caption could be "Use your skills to help a sick town"

4. draw someone riding on a horse, through a dark land/on a road. Caption could be "Deliver important message to the Amyrlin" (spelling on that?)

Drawing Cards: You have to draw a certain item in a limited amount of time and get your teammates to guess what it is. No talking. No noises. No gestures. These do not require a story, but whatever you tell them to draw must be connected to either your faction or the online Social Group representing it.

1. Callendor

2. Aes Sedai symbol

3. Aes Sedai ring

4. The Tower itself (could get confused with the Black Tower... not sure if it is a legit answer.)

5. Warder

6. Aes Sedai

7. armour

8. Fan cloth cloak (might be hard to do...)

Create Cards: We will supply everyone with a recipe for homemade play-dough. These cards will be the people or things that they must sculpt in a certain amount of time and get other people to guess. No talking. No noises. No gestures. Whatever you have them create must be connected to your faction.

(these can be the same as for the drawing ones... could be very fun to watch someone with good artistic abilities!)

Question Cards: Questions regarding Wheel of Time knowledge and concepts. No spoilers. No characters. No places.

ex: Question Card: Who Channels Saiden? A. men B. women. C. Lamas (but obviously they shouldn't be quite that simple.)

These are my ideas. Answer is in BOLD, but you might want to randomify the answer if you happen to use any of them.

1. Who was the Last King of Manetherin? A)Aemon al Caar al Thorin B.Caar al Thorin al Toren C.Thorin al Toren al Ban D.Al'Lan Mandragoran

2. Who was the last crowned King of Malkier Nation? A)Shevar Jamelle B)Lain Mandragoran C)al'Akir Mandragoran D)D.Al'Lan Mandragoran

3. Which of the following was NOT a city of Manetheren? A)Corartheren B)Jara'copan C)Shanaine D)Jehaan

-- i could get a bunch of these really easily... interested?

Guess the Truth Cards: Three incorrect statements and one correct one. The player who's turn it is must guess which statement is correct.

ex: Guess the Truth Card: 1. The Blue Ajah is in love with The Game of Thrones 2. The Blue Ajah is in love with Harry Potter.

--no ideas

Act Out Cards: You must act out something or someone and have other players guess what or who it is, and that character or concept must be related to your faction.

-- no ideas

Manipulation Card: Confuses another player into moving backwards on their next turn.

ex: You cleverly invited your nemesis over for tea and have successfully confused them. They move back x spaces.

--- no ideas here, sorry...

Warder Card: Can be held on to defending against the next evil card you draw.

1. draw a warder with an Aes Sedai, and the caption could be "Protect your Aes Sedai from assasins" (you could use Grey men, or bandits, or anything else.

2. Show a warder scouting a path, with an Aes Sedai in the background. Caption could be "Scout ahead to know of trouble before it finds you."

Just so you know the only things you have to draw are for the Drawing cards. In the Act Out Category you will have to Act the action/item out, like charades. The Create one is using playdough you mold the suggestion. The question one you just ask the question that is written on the card.

This game will be printed at your house and you play with your friends, so you will be one on one.

Keep the ideas coming some of these are really good!

I'm not very good at this either but I am gonna give it shot.

Create Cards

White Tower

a shawl

a sword

Also things that represent the Ajahs ex:

couch- Green Ajah's Green Couch Therapy thread

sunflower- Yellow Ajah's Sunflower Cafe

phoenix- Red Ajah's Phoenix Lounge

Guess the Truth Cards

The Red Ajah is the only Ajah to have

1. a lounge

2. a stadium

3. a dungeon

4. a ping pong table

The Yellow Ajah is known as

1. the critical thinking Ajah

2. the fun loving Ajah

3. the flirtatious Ajah

4.the passionate Ajah

Action Cards

You have drawn too much of the One Power, you must rest before going on.

Archived