DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Game of Thrones Season 2

Emperor

I dunno where else this would go but major spoilers for readers up to DWD+

http://asoiaf.wester...inter-chapters/

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/62835-spoiler-thread-grrms-dance-with-dragons/page__pid__2117903__st__80#entry2117903] in this thread

the above linked thread is the DwD spoilers thread for book discussion :happy:

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After marathoning my way through season 1 and 2, I can't find episode 10 anywhere.. This is so cruel >:[

Did you happen to check out that link and watch the episode? I assure you there are no viruses or malware or anything of that sort. I wouldn't have linked it.

Oh I found it before I saw this. Thanks though, I really appreciate the thought!

Of course the problem was that they mentioned it on the DVD commentary. Really guys? Couldn't just keep quiet about it? I should get a copy of Season One before they're all gone... HBO said they're re-editing that scene and making a new version of the DVD/BD.

I thought could've just left it alone. I mean, the producers said that there was no political intent behind it. It was just the only manequin head around. If you look at the head in question, no one would know it was him if he didn't say, so it wasn't like it was an obvious slap in the face or anything.

But oh well...

According to USA Today, Game of Thrones is the tv show with the second highest body count per episode currently on television. it is beaten only by Spartecus.

Spartacus is the most gory show on the planet.. Watching it makes me cringe even though it's prettyyyy cool. Wish there was like a "turn off blood" option.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been reported the movie was going to be bumped down to a PG13 rating because Chuck Norris didn't like all the cussing in the script. Eventually it came out that the movie is going to retain it's R rating but this is most likely due to violence and not language. Thanks Chuck.

http://www.newstates...d-ruler-complex

Spoilers for later books/seasons in this article!

the goodies are the rough, noble Northerners, the Stark family, none of whom have any discernible character defects,

Ned: Ultimately gave up his honor for nothing.

Cat: Rash and stubborn. Hates Jon, which while understandable is still not fair.

Rob: Arrogant.

Sansa: I'm not even touching this one...

Arya: Rash and stubborn like her mother.

Jon: Indecisive at times. Overall probably the "best" Stark ironically.

and one randy dwarf with daddy issues.

Implying that Jaime and Cersei don't have "daddy issues"? Ok chick whatever you say.

The general awfulness of what passes for reality means we need least an hour every week where everybody gets lost in a crypto-Medieval saga of mythical beasties, heaving bosoms, court intrigue and buckets of blood. Which is probably why so many otherwise discerning liberal viewers choose to give

Game of Thrones

a free pass on its staggering race and gender problems and enjoy the shit out of it anyway.

Because it's the show that has "staggering race and gender problems" and not the world of Westeros right?

The unfortunate girl’s new husband is a dark-skinned, savage warlord from the Mystical East who, being a savage, is unable to conceive of any sex that isn’t exclusively rape-based, and as such violently assaults the little princess every night.

Tropes which plague all fantasy series aside, if he's unable to conceive of anything else then why later in the series do they have what seems to be "loving sex"?

If the creator of a fantasy series can dream up an army of self-resurrecting zombie immortals he can damn well dream up equal marriage rights, and if he chooses not to do so then that choice is meaningful, as is our assumption that the default setting for any generically legendary epic must involve really rather a lot of rape.

Because Utopias are so interesting right lady? Geez why not start the story with "There once was a place where everyone was happy because everything was perfect. The end."? :rolleyes:

It's been reported the movie was going to be bumped down to a PG13 rating because Chuck Norris didn't like all the cussing in the script. Eventually it came out that the movie is going to retain it's R rating but this is most likely due to violence and not language. Thanks Chuck.

The apparent most badass guy in the land isn't a fan of swearing. Need I say "wtf?"

If the creator of a fantasy series can dream up an army of self-resurrecting zombie immortals he can damn well dream up equal marriage rights, and if he chooses not to do so then that choice is meaningful, as is our assumption that the default setting for any generically legendary epic must involve really rather a lot of rape.

Wow. Talk about missing the point about highlighting how shitty the medieval world was and not glorifying the hell out of it. There is a discussion to be had, I suppose, but that's just stupid. The important thing to look at is not the setting but on how he portrays his female characters living in the world. Many of his POV are woman characters, and they are active characters, not passive ones.

Is Mad Men a bad show because it takes place in a sexist setting? Surely they could have conjured up an equal rights version of the sixties or something.

As for Drogo being a savage barbarian, things aren't really any better with women's rights in Westeros, with children being married off like property. The show dropped the ball a little with him, though, as our first real scene with him in the book surprises us at the end, contrasting him with how cruel Viserys is.

I know you all know all this, but... ugh!

excuse me, but if your stating that Drogo is a savage barbarian you obvioulsy havent read the series and need to do so. HBP did a VERY poor repersentation of his character in his reguards to Danny

:mad:

Drogo was a gentle giant and a gentleman in that department and very kind to danny tyvm

Archived