DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

League of Legends (LoL)

Leyrann

Yeah, I've been playing for a couple years and I've played a total of about 50 ranked games. Won half lost half. You're definitely right that people get too serious and mad. Only reason I even played a few today is just because my low ELO doesn't actually reflect my skill so the odds of winning are in my favor. Won three in a row, 2 with EZ then I just jungled Olaf and carried going 11/3/8 most kills, fewest deaths on my team and I was jungling lol.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the new map, I really do but im still not a fan of 3v3s. Maybe its cause I almost exclusively jungle, and thats rather difficult to do on the 3v3 map, I dont know.

I like the rework, still probably wont play the map.

People jungle in ranked 3's all the time. And take smite. I personally think it's a waste of time and whoever has less farm on bottom should clear the jungle when a wave is pushed far enough and you have vision. But even that's difficult to do now with wards being taken out on the new map. I think there's like two new items that grant vision. A different version of wriggles lantern (That I don't like, because I play Olaf top a lot and it doesn't give you the lifesteal) that you can use to grant vision in a small area for like 5 seconds with a 1 min cd and an ap item that sends a homing missile or some such. But I still like threes. I feel like they're much more intense than SR. Just because the "Lane phase" is almost non existent on TT and team fights are happening before minions even spawn and then almost continuously thereafter. I just know I have over 14K IP and I wish a cool new champ would come out. Last one I got was Diana I think and they nerfed her into the ground.

I used to play LoL for a time, although it was a while back. I remember that Lux was the newest hero when I started playing LoL. Had a fun time for a while, until the 12 year olds started to ruin my ranked games.. *sigh* I heard that Ezreal is really populair now, kinda ironic because he was probably the least played hero when I played him, I exclusively played him and Irelia solo mid for a long time, guess I was right all along about his true potential haha.

You guys should try out Dota 2, it's a better and harder game. Dota also has a more mature and competitive playerbase.

Maybe I'll start playing it too again. I've played DotA-like games for half my life, so it's getting a bit old, but I think it would be more fun if I found a nice team to play with :) Somehow these kind of games always try to draw you back in.

I've played DotA 2 back when it was in beta (Or is it still?) and I didn't really like it much. Too much emphasis on last hitting minions and I think the players are even more...Douchey than LoL players. Smite is pretty good. It's a MOBA but it's like 3rd person over the shoulder. So every ability is a skill shot basically. That's in beta right now. I may have a referral still if you're interested.

But yeah, ez is popular right now, but definitely not in mid lane lol. People would have apoplexy if you tried to go Ez mid these days. But people freak out just about any time you try and play something outside the meta. Probably the most popular AD carry. Moreso since the Pulsefire skin came out. Which I have and is sweeeet. I play ez a lot. Only bad thing about him is you either do well and people are like "Wow dude, you're skilled" or you don't do so hot and you get "Da fuq are you doing?!?! Worst Ez NA!! Uninstall!!"

427224_10151220489935508_1496387999_n.jpg

Yeah Dota 2 is still in it's beta phase, it will go on a full release when all heroes are ported from DotA and that is still a while away. The funny thing is that the meta game from Dota 2 changes by the week, because every week a new important comp hero gets ported over and all the pros freak out xD The patches are up-to-date with DotA though, so it's quite balanced now. I've also heard of smite but the third-person-view ruins every competitive aspect that game might have.

*Looks at the chat that is seen in the right part of your image*

*Ahem*

DotA players are harsher, but they are fair. They will treat you with respect if you just play your part in the team and don't ruin things too much. It all depends on the game modes you play, you will never see me play AP for example, there you will generally get a bad game. 3, 4, 5 carries in a team is the most normal thing in the world there. Play captain's mode however (with picks and bans) and you will have a great game if you have a competent captain.

Im not a fan of Dota. From what ive seen the community is alot more elitist. I remember trying to get into the original DOTA back on Warcraft and I got ran out of the game because I was new and didnt understand enough of it. Alot of that attitude has carried over to DOTA 2, or atleast it did with the people I have played against/with.

Also I like the way LoL looks more personally. Smite is fun. Im not going to move it from LoL, but its an interesting thing to do now and then when I get tired of the conventional MOBA style game.

Both communities are bad in my opinion. Im sure its just the vocal minority, but still. I turn off all chat when I play and almost exclusively play with friends.

How does the third person ruin any competitive part of it? It just means you have a limited field of view. FPS have a limited field of view yet they are still competitive.

In terms of the community

League of legends > Heroes of newerth > Defenders of the ancients 2

In terms of graphical quality

HoN > DotA2 > LoL

When it comes to enjoying the game

LoL (the way it's designed makes it more enjoyable overall, more actionpacked)

Heroes of Newerth (Only reason I grade it higher than Dota2 is because it's had a longer development time)

Dota2 (New and essentially a bland copy of the original..)

My 50 cents.

^ Nice troll atempt, panda. :happy:

Heroes of Newerth (Only reason I grade it higher than Dota2 is because it's had a longer development time)

Dota2 (New and essentially a bland copy of the original..)

Dota 2 is being developed by Ice Frog and Valve. Ice Frog is the creator that did the most for DotA and made it as big as it is today. Guinsoo (also a creator of DotA in his own time and the main creator of LoL) only ruined DotA and made his own company to promote bad game design. Dota 2 is basically a 100% port of DotA with an improved engine that excludes any glitches the original had in terms of items and spells.

Im not a fan of Dota. From what ive seen the community is alot more elitist. I remember trying to get into the original DOTA back on Warcraft and I got ran out of the game because I was new and didnt understand enough of it. Alot of that attitude has carried over to DOTA 2, or atleast it did with the people I have played against/with.

Also I like the way LoL looks more personally. Smite is fun. Im not going to move it from LoL, but its an interesting thing to do now and then when I get tired of the conventional MOBA style game.

Both communities are bad in my opinion. Im sure its just the vocal minority, but still. I turn off all chat when I play and almost exclusively play with friends.

How does the third person ruin any competitive part of it? It just means you have a limited field of view. FPS have a limited field of view yet they are still competitive.

True, both communities are bad. Prob the worst communities you find in online competitive gaming. The main reason for this is because the matches (can) last so long and require the full determination from every teammember to win. This can get really frustrating, especially when you have only time for one game in a day. It's also caused by the fact that not everyone takes it seriously, some people just start up a few matches to have a fun time, not knowing that other people want to improve their own skills and game.

Where do you guys play by the way?

I'm at euw, lvl 30 elo 1700 - 1800 or something, haven't played in awhile xP

If anyone else is on euw, no matter what your level is or what your elo is, just add me and we'll play some games!

The name is either "ArezxD" or "LokexD"

My Elo is somewhere around 1025 ( :blush: ) and I play EUW. Main account "Aerem". I feel like I deserve more Elo though. Maybe some blind pick to see if I'm indeed near equal to you? If it turns out to be the case, we duo queue.

Level... 27 I think? Not sure. Somewhere between 26 and 28.

I'm guessing you're not on the NA server??

haha xD There is one very good solution to that problem, not failing Muahuahah!!

Although not failing is a rather hard feat to achieve..

I do that all the time. Not fail. I just played like 10 ARAM games. It's actually pretty fun. And no raging involved because you know you're going to die. Not to mention dying is the only way you can go back to shop.

ARAM is fun... I yesterday played Fizz, and could just WQ in, then E out time after time, against a Taric + Shen. They DO still flame there, though. The old ARAM, on Summoner's Rift, was better.

Well, you should probably know that WHEN you fail your lane, and you will at some point, BLAME THE JUNGLER.

Because he/she didn't gank your lane 50 times. He's got 2 - 1 - 5 in stats BUT HE'S APPARANTLY STILL A BAD JUNGLER.

Some people in LoL are stupid.

I only blame my jungler if he hasn't ganked while I have asked for it minutes before, OR if he gave my enemy laner a free kill where it wasn't needed (for example ganking while I ping him back, then enemy laner kills him, I have to flash away, or somethign like that). I do, however, not blame him if I lose despite two or three good ganks. Oh, yeah, and I blame him if he doesn't want to gank "because it's not working" (aka, Rengar got away with his ult, which is now on a 100 second cd).

I figured I'd play a game this morning. Champ select

Me(Sivir): Hey Soraka can you take exhaust instead of heal?

Soraka: Lol noob flamer. /ignored.

Alistar: Wtf he just asked you a question what's wrong with you?

Soraka: f*** you two.

We proceeded to lose the game and died a few times cuz of typing while Soraka spammed wards in base. XD

If you see Aceownz then save yourself the trouble and queue dodge!

When I got someone like that in champ select I just dodged.

I wish I had created this thread so I could update the FP with our accounts, where we are, what times we might be online .. /cry

If everyone reposts his/her names, I'll update it.

Que dodge. Que dodge. Que dodge. Que dodge. Que dodge. Que dodge. Que dodge. Que dodge

20 minutes finally in game.. FRUSTRATING

I had 30 minutes (I knew because I started listening a 30 minute song when I started queueing) a few weeks ago...

People jungle in ranked 3's all the time. And take smite. I personally think it's a waste of time and whoever has less farm on bottom should clear the jungle when a wave is pushed far enough and you have vision. But even that's difficult to do now with wards being taken out on the new map. I think there's like two new items that grant vision. A different version of wriggles lantern (That I don't like, because I play Olaf top a lot and it doesn't give you the lifesteal) that you can use to grant vision in a small area for like 5 seconds with a 1 min cd and an ap item that sends a homing missile or some such. But I still like threes. I feel like they're much more intense than SR. Just because the "Lane phase" is almost non existent on TT and team fights are happening before minions even spawn and then almost continuously thereafter. I just know I have over 14K IP and I wish a cool new champ would come out. Last one I got was Diana I think and they nerfed her into the ground.

Diana's "nerfed to the ground": If I'm not very mistaken, that was a loss of 40 damage on her Q and .1 scaling on her passive. If it was more, it wasn't much more. People are crying about nerfs far too much.

I used to play LoL for a time, although it was a while back. I remember that Lux was the newest hero when I started playing LoL. Had a fun time for a while, until the 12 year olds started to ruin my ranked games.. *sigh* I heard that Ezreal is really populair now, kinda ironic because he was probably the least played hero when I played him, I exclusively played him and Irelia solo mid for a long time, guess I was right all along about his true potential haha.

You guys should try out Dota 2, it's a better and harder game. Dota also has a more mature and competitive playerbase.

Maybe I'll start playing it too again. I've played DotA-like games for half my life, so it's getting a bit old, but I think it would be more fun if I found a nice team to play with :) Somehow these kind of games always try to draw you back in.

I have a nice team. :)

We haven't played really much yet though.

Archived