DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Silly costs for a book.

ChrisNeratko

I went to chapters or indigo same thing, and i found towers of midnight for 35$. deciding that was silly for a book I whent home with a diff book. byond the shadows by brent weeks (i sujest you all look at it its great :) ) then a few days later i go to safeway and find towers of midnight for 11$ brand new. Oh yes the best part of chapters is the guy said i would need to order it. so why was it easer to get it from a grocery store rather then a book store lol

I think bookshops, especially small local bookshops are struggling to compete what with online shopping and supermarkets undercutting them by vast amounts. I do like the idea of supporting my local bookshop but I confess I always go to PlayTrade when I'm after a book, you can normally pick them up second hand for under £3 including postage.

we have a store here in the usa called marks. it is a discount/closeout type store. I have got a few books from it. The best ones that i have found there are TOM for 3 dollars us. and i think the other one that i bought from them was the gathering storm and that one was i think 5 dollars. Another good store to look in at least here in the us is a store called dollar general. i have seen all the wheel of time books there and all for very cheap. I know once the last book comes out i am going to have to buy all of the books again and they wont be read. just displayed.

we have a store here in the usa called marks. it is a discount/closeout type store. I have got a few books from it. The best ones that i have found there are TOM for 3 dollars us. and i think the other one that i bought from them was the gathering storm and that one was i think 5 dollars. Another good store to look in at least here in the us is a store called dollar general. i have seen all the wheel of time books there and all for very cheap. I know once the last book comes out i am going to have to buy all of the books again and they wont be read. just displayed.

i was at marks again yesterday and i saw TOM in paperback for 6 bucks us. marcs is a great store.

I hate my local bookstore man. Ordered, will tried to, Gathering Storm from him back in the time it was released(that is a horrible sentence). Scorn is what he showed me. Wouldn't tell me when he would have it but that he would ring when he had it. 3 days past the release date and no word. Got in car drove about 60 miles to get the book. Got the book from Amazon the next day as well, forgot I ordered it!

Still waiting on him to get it in!

Y'all could go with Kindle or Nook, you know. Fast delivery, (somewhat) lower prices, automated search function and your entire collection in under 10oz - what's not to like?

Still, MacMillan sometimes go too far with their prices, I agree. For example, BS's new Mistborn novella now goes for 15usd, so high that the folks at Amazon feel they need to make sure we know they had no say in it :smile:

I went to chapters or indigo same thing, and i found towers of midnight for 35$. deciding that was silly for a book I whent home with a diff book. byond the shadows by brent weeks (i sujest you all look at it its great :) ) then a few days later i go to safeway and find towers of midnight for 11$ brand new. Oh yes the best part of chapters is the guy said i would need to order it. so why was it easer to get it from a grocery store rather then a book store lol

Hrm, ToM paperback is 11.99 just like a bajillion other paperbacks. 10.99 if you're an iRewards member.

Hardcover is stickered $35, but it'll be like 30% off and another 5% if you're an iRewards member bringing it to like $20-$25. That's the way almost every hardcover is sold in Chapters'. Almost every new release hardcover, at least in fiction, starts at ~30% off or is ~30% off very soon.

*Works for Chapters*

I pre-ordered Towers of Midnight paperback from Barnes & Noble for $9.99.

It is still that price.

Nook book, same price.

Hardcover, $18.28

Audiobook, &68.39

Gathering Storm

same prices for paperback & Nook book.

hardcover, $6.28

audiobook, $59.84

I got the audiobook of Towers of Midnight for free. There's an audiobook place online that was offering a trial subscription and a free book, so I downloaded that one as my free book then canceled the membership. I'm looking for a hardcover copy though, because I prefer actual reading to listening to books. I saw several copies on Amazon used for $10 including shipping. I got Crossroads of Twililght and New Spring (hardcover) both at a dollar store, and Knife of Dreams and The Gathering Storm from used book sales for $5 or less. I never pay full price for books, can't afford to.

Y'all could go with Kindle or Nook, you know. Fast delivery, (somewhat) lower prices, automated search function and your entire collection in under 10oz - what's not to like?

Still, MacMillan sometimes go too far with their prices, I agree. For example, BS's new Mistborn novella now goes for 15usd, so high that the folks at Amazon feel they need to make sure we know they had no say in it :smile:

I could, but then I wouldn't have a hardback in my hands. Such a thing is important to me. Books fill up empty shelf space, and make good paper weights. :wink:

I usually get new releases from my local book(ish) store. If the author is a bestseller a new release with a list price of $29.99 can usually be had for $19.99.

Archived