DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Future of the Seanchan

Andhaira

I am pretty new here and read threw this thread pretty  quick.  But i would think right after the end of AMOL that Tuan would have dragged Matt back to Seanchan to secure her rule there before  doing anything else on randland. Now there are hints in the end that the 3 are no longer Ta'Veern(i propably spelled that wrong)  but still Matt going to Seanchan as a highblood has to have some sort of effect on the kingdom. 

We know she was going to go after her homeland before Randland. The next books were going to be about Mat and Tuon going back to Seanchean.  Also I am not sure Tuon would trust Mat to lead the army against Randland.  Mat's ability to have people become loyal to him should make things interesting.

• 4 years later...

IMO, technology, not the one power, will dictate the future of the lands of the WoT. The power must disappear at some point in order for the wheel to come full circle.

Very few people can channel. Around 2% of the population roughly. As such those without the ability will do all they can to balance the field.

As they enter the industrial revolution of their time, the scales will be tipped in their favour. 

That being said. Seanchan is in utter chaos, whats left of the Empire is only in Randland. Diplomacy and cunning political savy will allow them to exist, and prepare to retake their homeland. 

They have no more reinforcements which hail from across the Aryth. 

They make friends and allies or they are done for. 

As i said tech shall decide the future...dragons....guns....electricity...whomever masters these....shall rule the world the Lord Dragon saved...

One advantage the Seanchan in Randland have is new weaves.  They can now just gateway to their homeland and use the gateways for things such as spying from the sky.  We also know from Avi's vision the Seanchan learn stuff like flying vehicles.  Randland has the advantage since the schools are open and unlike the damane, Aes Sedai and Asha'man are free to learn new weaves.