DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brandon Sanderson Q&A On Reddit Today!

Nolder

[Harriet] wants a re-release with something like the UK covers, more symbolic and classy.

Yes!

Just so you know Majsju you can buy those already in Sweden. Just the CoT cover looks different I think...

[Harriet] wants a re-release with something like the UK covers, more symbolic and classy.

Yes!

Just so you know Majsju you can buy those already in Sweden. Just the CoT cover looks different I think...

Only paperback. The hardcovers got that look starting with either WH or COT.

Yes!

Only paperback. The hardcovers got that look starting with either WH or COT.

Oh.. I didn´t know that. And I have indeed the paperback. You have to wait some more then =)

There are some interesting nuggets in there. Is this stuff being collected anywhere on Dragonmount?

For example, in one reply, he indicates that RJ's notes had the Cadsuane spanking scene, and BS saw no reason to change it, though he didn't much care for it.

Also, RJ's notes called for Egwene's attending of Elaida to be one scene, but BS thought it worked better divided into two.

I don't know if those were already known by the WoT community, but it's interesting stuff.

There are some interesting nuggets in there. Is this stuff being collected anywhere on Dragonmount?

Why would they bother when I already did it? (linked above)

For example, in one reply, he indicates that RJ's notes had the Cadsuane spanking scene, and BS saw no reason to change it, though he didn't much care for it.

He's told us as much several times since TGS, in various ways. You might want to check out the interview database. It's in the reference library linked in my sig. (Lots of interesting nuggets in there.) it's behind a few months because we're working on a new format, but it goes all the way back to 1991.

Brandon doesn't give him a chance to get Avi pregnant after AMoL:

rileysweeney: Are Rand and Aviendha going to get some time on screen together in a Memory of Light? They had such an interesting dynamic and they have barely spoken for several books.

Brandon: RAFO. (You knew that was coming, eh?)

Though...it should be noted that prophesy says that Avi will have Rand's children...so, that's going to be kind of tough if they don't see one another again.

Does this prove that Rand will not survive AMoL (i.e. be dead at the end of the book without chance for resurrection)?

This is by far my favorite answer out of ALL of them.

You've been publishing at an amazing rate for several years, though I understand you've largely exhausted your "buffer" -- the books you had written before becoming a published author. Can you keep your current pace? Is it too exhausting? How many books do you think you'll be able to publish in the next 10 years? Will you please continue to write until they nail your coffin shut, just like RJ?

Brandon: I want, when I die, them to find me sitting in my chair with my face having fallen on the keyboard and having just typed seven thousand pages worth of the letter 'Z.' In this way, I'll have written even after I die.

Hahahahahahahaha

This is by far my favorite answer out of ALL of them.

You've been publishing at an amazing rate for several years, though I understand you've largely exhausted your "buffer" -- the books you had written before becoming a published author. Can you keep your current pace? Is it too exhausting? How many books do you think you'll be able to publish in the next 10 years? Will you please continue to write until they nail your coffin shut, just like RJ?

Brandon: I want, when I die, them to find me sitting in my chair with my face having fallen on the keyboard and having just typed seven thousand pages worth of the letter 'Z.' In this way, I'll have written even after I die.

Hahahahahahahaha

Sounds like how David Gemmel went..

Archived