DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favourite lies

Puny

So what are your favourite lie that your society tells you is true? You can motivate why it´s your favourite or you can just state it.

Mine is: It´s the inside that counts. Everyone says it, yet they are all obsessed with outer appearance.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right, Eclipse. And I think that goes for most of the world leaders. Most of them have the brain of a 6 year old child.

"This is mine."

"I had this first."

"Why can´t I have what everyone else have?"

"I hate you."

I think if they could grow up and get at least 10 years old the world would be a better, non selfish place.

That said, I do have a positive view on people and their abilities. Our value, as humans, shouldn´t be based on what we chose or what we do. We are all valuable because we ARE.

My favorite lie? You are what you buy.

I see why is has to be favourite(/least favourite) though. Since society lies about everything.

Yeah it can be favourite/least fav depending on how you look at it.

Kathleen: That is a good one, wish that one was true but sadly it isn´t.

Money will make you happy is another one.

There is nothing wrong with having 20 girlfriends/boyfriends (depending on your gender) in one year at the High School is another one.

That's not a lie, that is truth. In high school, you should have as many relationships as you can physically handle. Get it out of your system while you're young and unaffiliated.

You should have a relationship if you REALLY love each other.

How are you going to know if you REALLY love each other unless you are dating them? That's the point, date as many people as you can while you are young. If you don't get out there and meet and get to know people, you're wasting your youth.

And they also do some things I think you should not do before you are married...

Now that's a lie I don't like. How are you going to know if you can stand spending the rest of your life with someone? You should definitely move in with someone before you get married, IMO. Also you should definitely know someone intimately before you marry them as well. That's a huge part of marriage especially when a woman hits that age when their sex drive skyrocket's. That's one of the biggest reasons for failed marriages, if things aren't going well in the bedroom, you can expect people to look for it outside their marriage.

You should have a relationship if you REALLY love each other.

How are you going to know if you REALLY love each other unless you are dating them?

If you really love someone, you know it.

And they also do some things I think you should not do before you are married...

Now that's a lie I don't like. How are you going to know if you can stand spending the rest of your life with someone? You should definitely move in with someone before you get married, IMO. Also you should definitely know someone intimately before you marry them as well. That's a huge part of marriage especially when a woman hits that age when their sex drive skyrocket's. That's one of the biggest reasons for failed marriages, if things aren't going well in the bedroom, you can expect people to look for it outside their marriage.

I don't agree. If it's because they love each other (read: REALLY love each other), then maybe it's okay, but there are people I know (14 years old, I'm happy I don't see them anymore) that have been in their bed room with multiple girls, in the way we are talking about. That is not good.

At 14, yeah that's not probably a good idea to go sleeping around. But dating is different.

Again, you WON'T know if you love someone unless you get to know them. It's impossible to love someone (read as in romantic love, not family love) without knowing them. How do you get to know them? By dating. Hence why you should date lots of people when you are young.

No, it's not possible to love someone with out knowing them, it's like the song:

"To know, know, know you

is to love, love, love you"

You can't love someone you don't know, it's part of the definition of the word:

(1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child>

(2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers

(3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interest

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/love

Love is a choice. And the feelings won't always be there because Emotions are fickle. Eclipse is right when he says you can't love someone if you don't know them. However I disagree with the other part. Teenagers I think aren't mature enough for the most part to be in that kind of relationship. Also, I think it makes more sense to get to know someone well before dating. (Although, what defines "dating"?)

Archived