DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favourite lies

Puny

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think it depends on your personality and culture/society you are brought up in.

But to say that teenagers should not date.. I dk. Rather we as adults should teach them to be open-minded, to encourage them to trust themselves, educate them about sex and let them date. Most kids when they are 14, 15 are dating, holding hands, kissing and stuff. Let them. Not every relationship needs to be so gd serious...

About the sexpart now and I think it was eclipse that said that you should , I´m paraphrasing, try some girls or boys before you decide. I agree. In your teens you are exploring your sexuality and you should, but only if you want it yourself, feel inspired and so on. Hell, you don´t even have to try, some kids just know that they ar sexual beings, and know what they are drawn to and they should try that out before comitting life long to a partner.

I can take myself as an example. I met my bf when I was 17, he was 5 years older. I kinda knew what I wanted sexually ( I was one of those that knew), but I didn´t really express it that well. Anyways dated a month or two and then we decided to be together. Luckily we are a sexual match... although I think I could take things a step farther, but the thing is sex is an important part of a relationship. And I can honestly say that if we were NOT a match I would end it.

If love can not be explained by words...meh I don´t buy that. It can, and it should, as it should be explained by deeds and thoughts.

To love someone without knowing them.. nope. Then you are attracted to the physical shape, you wanna f*ck them or think they have the most gorgeous abs, but you don´t love them. You can love their body, but you are not loving them. You don´t love their personality, their quirks, their very being, the essence that make them them...

LP, thank you for that, that was very beautiful, except the part where I misread "I met my BF when I was 17, he was 5 years old" instead of older. I was really creeped out for a second...

Lol. Also, I'm totally onboard with what Locke said. Love is a choice, and you can't make a choice that important without information. In this case, that information is knowing the person. I have also often wondered what exactly constitutes dating, and what makes it different from just being friends with the opposite sex. I also don't think that the entire point of dating should be to get in the other persons pants, though.

Also, I'm totally onboard with what Locke said. Love is a choice, and you can't make a choice that important without information. In this case, that information is knowing the person. I have also often wondered what exactly constitutes dating, and what makes it different from just being friends with the opposite sex. I also don't think that the entire point of dating should be to get in the other persons pants, though.

Ultimately, I thought that was the entire point of every relationship between two unrelated people...

Seriously though, dating just means spending time together, for the most part alone (read as not in a group), with someone to whom you are physically attracted. There are times when the alone part is an exception, such as a double date, but you get what I mean.

Yeah, if physical attraction is the entire reason behind dating doesn't that make it kind of... shallow? Plus if you then have a marriage based solely on physical attraction, what happens as you get older, or you no longer are attracted to that person? I don't believe that you can just change like that if you've already spent your life doing something different.

I should say sex is NOT an important part of a relationship. You have a relationship because you love each other, and because of that, you have sex. You don't have a relationship because you have sex. You have sex because of the love, and because you want children. What I find maybe the most awful thing in this world, is sex for anything else than love & children.

Your parents are not good sources of information for this sort of thing. They will lie to you to get you to do what they want you to.

Also, I believe Tina supported my theory and maybe two others, you'll have to re-check the thread

Ah, that was in another thread where I was arguing with Ley, which is probably every other thread.

But it's cool as long as you trust what you feel is right. Not everything is for everyone, and you won't always know what's for you until you try and like it or try and dislike it.

Archived