DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Top Wizard's/Magic Guys in Fantasy

Asha'Dude

Son of Darkness, Knight of High House Dark, Mane of Chaos, Blacksword...Anomander Rake!

Oh yean and Quick Ben obvs...I would put him up against just about anyone!

Gonna second Quick Ben.

Dust of Dreams spoilers

"A concussion shook the very air, but it came from the Nah'ruk lines. A billowing black cloud rose like a stain of spilled ink. 'Gods, what was that?' Hedge's grin broadened 'That, soldiers, was Quick Ben.'"

and just after:

"'Got no one behind me, so keep throwing them my way, y'damned Geckos. Use it all up!'"

:biggrin:

Other great mages from the Malazan world includes Bottle, Beak (sad face) and Gothos (Freezing an entire continent so that Magic doesn't evolve, ever. Badass)

Gonna have to give the crown to Quick Ben though, he's like the Batman of Fantasy, always has a plan.

Yes yes yes, frickin' yes. The moment I saw the title of this thread I was going to say Quick Ben.

Him and possibly Anomander Rake, but I'm not sure if he counts as a mage-type.

Also Melisandre, from ASoIaF, because come on she frickin

births some weird shadow demon babies right in front of Davos on his little boat, wtf

Mind frickin' blown

I feel like Anomandaris Dragnipurake is more of an All Round Badass. he doesn't really rely much on magic, Dragnipur and veering into a "Wtf his mouth is the void" Dragon seems to do the trick for him.

Son of Darkness, Knight of High House Dark, Mane of Chaos, Blacksword...Anomander Rake!

Gonna second Quick Ben.

Dust of Dreams spoilers

"A concussion shook the very air, but it came from the Nah'ruk lines. A billowing black cloud rose like a stain of spilled ink. 'Gods, what was that?' Hedge's grin broadened 'That, soldiers, was Quick Ben.'"

and just after:

"'Got no one behind me, so keep throwing them my way, y'damned Geckos. Use it all up!'"

Other great mages from the Malazan world includes Bottle, Beak (sad face) and Gothos (Freezing an entire continent so that Magic doesn't evolve, ever. Badass)

Gonna have to give the crown to Quick Ben though, he's like the Batman of Fantasy, always has a plan.

Yes yes yes, frickin' yes. The moment I saw the title of this thread I was going to say Quick Ben.

births some weird shadow demon babies right in front of Davos on his little boat, wtf

Mind frickin' blown

I feel like Anomandaris Dragnipurake is more of an All Round Badass. he doesn't really rely much on magic, Dragnipur and veering into a "Wtf his mouth is the void" Dragon seems to do the trick for him.

Yes but recall his magic duel with Tayschrenn in GotM....pretty bad ass.

Nor should Puc (Raymond E Feist) be forgotten in a list of top wizards.

Please if you are gonna big up the legend that is Pug please spell his name correct. Personally I prefer Nakor and Macros (Feist). Said before Nakors my fave character in fant so I have to go with him as my no.1

If I could choose between being able to read and understand fluently in 3 languages, or remembering a last, barely-pronounced letter of a fictional character, which differs (in writing) according to the language, I'm sure knowing which language use Pug, which Puc would be my choice :biggrin:

NOT.

Wasn't being insulting or anything mate, seems like I may have come across as that, apologies if i did. ment as a joke. dude ;) should have added a smiley to my first reply to u :biggrin:

Cenn Buie beats them all.

In my oppinion its got to go to either Raistlin Majere or Ashen-Shugar. Theyve both killed God types. Or Pug/Milamber, who made a moon collide with a planet. Harry Potter can wave his little stick around all he wants, but he doesnt come anywhere near half of the other suggestions people put forward. By the time hes pushed his glasses to the top of his nose he'd be mince meat.

Harry Potter doesn't really diserve the title "Greatest Wizard" or to even be put in the ranks. his "skill" comes from more luck than anything and alot of his "power" as a wizard was honestly from part of Voldy's soul being attached to him. not to mention he could never stand on his own, if he hadn't had DDwatchign out for him or Hermy on his side the entire time, he would have failed

also, in Voldy's defense. he does tend to use Crucio as well :tongue: and the rule of thumb in fantasy ... your good guy is only as good as your villan, and Voldy is a great villian, whic his only why Potter looks anythign close to good as a wizard.

so anyways, i was joking about Voldy. my true vote goes to Aslan. because a world creating lion pwns all!!!

Gonna second Quick Ben.

Dust of Dreams spoilers

and just after:

Mind frickin' blown

Yes but recall his magic duel with Tayschrenn in GotM....pretty bad ass.

Oh yeah totally. Just a shame that Anomander had to protect big hulking Moons Spawn while Tayschrenn couldn't care less about the soldiers around him.

'What if, every day, he’d stepped out on to that ledge? So Onearm and all the rest could pause, look up, and see him standing there? Silver hair blowing, Dragnipur a black god-shitting stain spreading out behind him.'

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PiotrekS

granny weatherwax

Yes, definitely so! I might add Ponder Stibbons and Nanny Ogg :smile:

I also like Pug (btw. anybody here remembers a great old game Betrayal at Krondor?), Gandalf, Ged from Earthsea (seriously nobody has mentioned him before?), Taliesin and Morgaine (Mists of Avalon), Tissaia de Vries, Tris Merigold and Yennefer from the Witcher series...

Archived