DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BATE: Vacationing in the Wheel of Time

Just imagine for a moment. You are the Queen of Andor. You have been overly stressing on work and want to take a vacation. While there is your beautiful Gardens and luxurious rooms, you want somewhere away from the heads of houses and just spending time with your children, breathing some fresh air.

Where do you go?

You are a merchant that travels all over the land. From Caemlyn to Arad Doman to Tear, you have traveled it all. You don't have a home that you return to when you want to relax.... You want somewhere quiet, perhaps tropical, or maybe snowy.

Where do you go?

If you were in the Wheel of Time, what would be your travel destination?

To start us off, I think that I would want to travel to Mayene. What with the Bay down there, there is sure to be numerous little islands, and with the Bay that means the Sea of Storms isn't so brutal on the shore line. I can just imagine spas are there, with mud baths and servants running around fanning you. It just seems like the perfect little tropical location, far away from everything else.

If I were the Queen of Andor, I'd probably go somewhere with a bath :tongue:

But seriously, I love the sea so Illian, Mayene or Ebou Dar sound good. Ebou Dar sounds like the most exciting of the lot, what with all the duels and festivals, but if we're talking post Seanchan I guess we'll have to skip that one.

On the other hand, if one were looking for a lovely mountainous area with lots of sheep, peace and quiet, the Two Rivers sounds ideal.

I'd want to visit Rhuidean. I love old places and this is about as old as it gets. Next on my list would be Shara (provided they'd be properly subdued concerning channelers :unsure:) and the Ogier Steddings.

I would want to visit everywhere! I would love to see the Ogier steddings as well, and spend some time with the lovely furry fellows! I'd like to cross the Dragonwall, and see the lovely Domani women, and of course visit Andor, and Tar Valon, to consult the Aes Sedai. :P

Tar Valon, of course! Assuming I wasn't an Aes Sedai, that is... Caemlyn would be cool. In fact, I'd love to visit all of the great cities. The Borderlands, if there weren't any trollocs. :tongue: Rhuidean.

It would also be cool to visit a Stedding.

Definitely Rhuidean and a stedding. I also think the library at the WT would make for excellent reading, as would Rand's school in Cairhein. I think Far Madding would be interesting too.

And Shara - I'm with you on that one Myst :D.

Haha, I live in New Zealand so I practically live in the Two Rivers...so you can come visit me anytime Mother :tongue:

*BAAAAAAH in the background* "Shuddup Chops!"

I think I'd start off with sailing to the Sea Folk islands - maybe Tremalking first, so I can stock up on tea there. But mainly because I'm freezing and I wantz to go somewhere warm. Plus I love sailing.

Mystica, Keyho, would you mind if I came along to Shara? Lol. Of all the places in tWot, it's always been the place that aroused my curiousity the most. Except maybe, Shayol Ghul. :unsure:

Haha, I live in New Zealand so I practically live in the Two Rivers...so you can come visit me anytime Mother :tongue:

*BAAAAAAH in the background* "Shuddup Chops!"

*Snorts with laughter*

I would love to visit a stedding too - I'm very much a tree hugger. LOVE trees. I just wonder if I'd be able to stand it for very long, if I was a Channeler.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived