DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Channeling at battle of Maradon

If you're talking about a confrontation between Rand and Egwene, it's only the loyal Ashaman and Rand himself that matters. Aiel WOs aren't going to fight against Egwene, nor vice versa. Of course, neither is Rand unless he's pushed to a corner.

Err.. If a fight was iminent, do you think the WO's would abstain from battle simply because they trained and 'liked' Egwene, even though she would be trying to kill the Car'a'carn, the Chief of Chiefs, and the only hope for the Aiel as a people to survive?

If you're talking about a confrontation between Rand and Egwene, it's only the loyal Ashaman and Rand himself that matters. Aiel WOs aren't going to fight against Egwene, nor vice versa. Of course, neither is Rand unless he's pushed to a corner.

Err.. If a fight was iminent, do you think the WO's would abstain from battle simply because they trained and 'liked' Egwene, even though she would be trying to kill the Car'a'carn, the Chief of Chiefs, and the only hope for the Aiel as a people to survive?

Seeing as they rarely fight? Yes. And they'd probably smack the Lord Dragon for fighting Egwene even if he isn't the one to start the fight.

The channeling at Maradon was done by males, I believe. The ashaman could see them channeling. They may have simply been dreadlords that the Shadow has held in reserve. After all, dreadlords ransacked Tar Valon at one point, the Shadow wouldn't have simply stopped training them after that.

In TGS, the damane were mopping the floor with the AS.

I'm pretty sure AS are the weakest group in combat (other than WO that can't channel) due to their lack of actual combat with ToP. I'm also sure that AS have the most tools, most advanced weaves, and possibly greater knowledge in matters of ToP than the other groups.

However, as the Battle Ajah found out, the damane were vastly superior in military combat than the AS. I'm thinking it has more to do with better shields and explodey weaves. The damane might have no clue on how to do advanced support weaves, ward from eavesdropping, heal efficiently, and intimidate (other than blowing people to bits).

The channeling at Maradon was done by males, I believe. The ashaman could see them channeling. They may have simply been dreadlords that the Shadow has held in reserve. After all, dreadlords ransacked Tar Valon at one point, the Shadow wouldn't have simply stopped training them after that.

In TGS, the damane were mopping the floor with the AS.

I'm pretty sure AS are the weakest group in combat (other than WO that can't channel) due to their lack of actual combat with ToP. I'm also sure that AS have the most tools, most advanced weaves, and possibly greater knowledge in matters of ToP than the other groups.

However, as the Battle Ajah found out, the damane were vastly superior in military combat than the AS. I'm thinking it has more to do with better shields and explodey weaves. The damane might have no clue on how to do advanced support weaves, ward from eavesdropping, heal efficiently, and intimidate (other than blowing people to bits).

Neither the WO, Windfinders, or Kin knew how to really fight with the One Power prior to being taught in the books. The Windfinders didn't even know how to shield and the Kin have litteraly no battle experience. The AS were actually shown to be fairly effective against the WO at Dumais Wells. None of them can really compete with the Ashaman or damane but those two groups are trained purely for battle so that's understandable. I rank them like this:

Ashaman

Damane

Aes Sedai

Wise Ones

Windfinders

Kin

What I'd like to see is the Ayaad from Shara.

Neither the WO, Windfinders, or Kin knew how to really fight with the One Power prior to being taught in the books. The Windfinders didn't even know how to shield and the Kin have litteraly no battle experience. The AS were actually shown to be fairly effective against the WO at Dumais Wells. None of them can really compete with the Ashaman or damane but those two groups are trained purely for battle so that's understandable. I rank them like this:

Ashaman

Damane

Aes Sedai

Wise Ones

Windfinders

Kin

Ah, but I think the AS would have much more experience fighting Shadowspawn.

lol. when the black tower is razed to the grounds it will Aes sedai who will be at the forefront of it all. Cleaning the mess of the lord dragon. the mess that has been left to rot since book 6 which allowed people like mezar and tarna to be turned to the dark side.

when push comes to shove, the lord dragon cannot clean his own mess. the aes sedai cleaned up the shadowspawn from their organisation. Looks like they will be cleaning it up on the other side too.

when push comes to shove, the lord dragon cannot clean his own mess. the aes sedai cleaned up the shadowspawn from their organisation. Looks like they will be cleaning it up on the other side too.

Well, he cleaned up Saidin didn't he? That's literally his own mess. :)

lol. when the black tower is razed to the grounds it will Aes sedai who will be at the forefront of it all. Cleaning the mess of the lord dragon. the mess that has been left to rot since book 6 which allowed people like mezar and tarna to be turned to the dark side.

Well personally I think the aes sedai will have their hands full with the seanchan but we'll see. In any case, in terms of battle ability there is no comparison between the aes sedai and the ashaman.

By the way what is it you dislike you so much in Rand? Seriously, I'm curious.

oooh forgot about that. good one. but he still needed the help of aes sedai to accomplish the cleansing.

Ashaman

Damane

Aes Sedai

Wise Ones

Windfinders

Kin

Ah, but I think the AS would have much more experience fighting Shadowspawn.

True, that could give them an edge. Then again the only one who has been shown to have special weaves to deal with shadowspawn is Rand and overall killing things with the power doesn't seem to take too much experience, as the Ashaman, who have fought both humans and shadowspawn have shown.

oooh forgot about that. good one. but he still needed the help of aes sedai to accomplish the cleansing.

Well, the aes sedai would never have discovered Halima without Narishma, an Ashaman. And she could have still done a lot of damage.

True, that could give them an edge. Then again the only one who has been shown to have special weaves to deal with shadowspawn is Rand and overall killing things with the power doesn't seem to take too much experience, as the Ashaman, who have fought both humans and shadowspawn have shown.

Perhaps, but tactical stuff like shadowspawn detection, alarm/invisibility wards against shadowspawn, and misdirection weaves are also extremely important.

Perhaps, but tactical stuff like shadowspawn detection, alarm/invisibility wards against shadowspawn, and misdirection weaves are also extremely important.

So would you rank them in front of the Damane who haven't fought shadowspawn yet? Those skills will definitely be useful for ambushes, diversions and scouting, but is it enough to make up for the pure battle discipline and effectiveness of the damane? The two groups working together would certainly make a formidable army

So would you rank them in front of the Damane who haven't fought shadowspawn yet? Those skills will definitely be useful for ambushes, diversions and scouting, but is it enough to make up for the pure battle discipline and effectiveness of the damane? Two groups working together would certainly make a formidable army

I seriously doubt the damane will ever work together with the AS, and it doesn't look as if the Seanchan will take part in the Last Battle at all.

I would say if the Seanchan had to fight Shadowspawn, they would be in for a few very rude surprises. Trollocs pouring out of waygates behind their lines, Myrdraal stepping out of shadows and paralyzing soldiers with fear, Draghkar assassinating commanders and damane, and of course the Dreadlords themselves.

Archived