DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rands reaction

atlas74

I'm much more interesting to seeing Egwene's reaction than Rand on this one. Rand will be all accepting and such, but Egwene will definately have a hissy fit over it. power-related items being decreed the White Tower's by default on one side and the Oaths on the other, she'll not know what reason to smack in Perrin's face first. After which, of course, he'll calmly yet surely put her in her place and be all taverenlike and stuff. I loved how he owned her in TAR and her reaction lol. Bout time we get to see the unf side of him for more than his impressive muscles.

I'm much more interesting to seeing Egwene's reaction than Rand on this one. Rand will be all accepting and such, but Egwene will definately have a hissy fit over it. power-related items being decreed the White Tower's by default on one side and the Oaths on the other, she'll not know what reason to smack in Perrin's face first. After which, of course, he'll calmly yet surely put her in her place and be all taverenlike and stuff. I loved how he owned her in TAR and her reaction lol. Bout time we get to see the unf side of him for more than his impressive muscles.

It's not a ter'angreal or something. We have seen many power wrought weapons in series. WT has no claim over them.

that's true. Still, this is borderline, given the Oath Aes Sedai take to make no weapons with the One Power. This has never been contested by any other group of channelers, so it will be interesting to see her reaction to the Ashaman suddenly doing what the Aes Sedai each vow not to do. In any case, there is controverse in some form that will put people's hackles up a bit at the WT at least and it will have to be addressed in some form or other.

i really never thought this post would get any type of response most of mine go by the way side i just had a thought about the hammer maybee its one of those thingers and ppl dont need to be able to channel to use one of those special types of ter angreal probbally not but ya never know and we wont know until the end

I would say it has more similarities to matt's medallion, one is cold to the touch when channeled agianst, the other is always warm. As far as we know one burns the skin of Ghollam, whilst the other burns the skin on trollocs. I would not be surprised to find out that the hammer stops Perrin from being attacked directly with the power as well.

I could be wrong, have only listened to ToM once, but I think they are making power-wrought weapons. Swords, not the hammer which is special. I believe perrin said to start making power-wrought weapons. Rand's reaction will probably be to quote a legend or something from the AoL. As to the wolfbrother, I assume Rand will recognize it on sight and do what he needs. Egwene's probably still pissed that he escaped her trying to get him killed in T'A'R and will be that much more when she knows what the hammer is. She, unlike Rand Sedai, probably won't know what it is on sight and will ask. Perrin will answer and she'll berate him for being a fool. Then he smashes her and Gawyn's head in.

It just occurred to me, those superninja rings Gawyn has could be dangerous because I could see Egwene ordering him to put one on and take the hammer away from Perrin.

I dont think Rand would care much that Perrin has a new weapon, as long as he just uses it to fight Shadowspawn. And I dont think Egwene will throw a hissy fit over it either. Remember how she told the other Aes Sedai in the last book about how they cant make the Black Tower hand over the items they make with the One Power? I do wonder if she'll be willing to tweak the 3 oaths a bit though, since having Power-wrought weapons will really help the Light in the Last Battle and all...

Though on another note, I just realized that Rand, Mat, and Perrin all have really unique weapons now that no one else has - Callandor, Mat's spear and now Perrin's hammer.

Archived