DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WOT/AMOL epilogue?

Kuston

Someone, somewhere, in a thread far far away, said that first it should be a happy ending. The dragon has won and there is peace. But then on the last page we see that Graendal or Moggy is still alive planning something evil...

That would be great!

Well, I've been theorizing that perhaps Elayne's and Aviendha's life expectancy will be reduced because of their bond with Min. As some sort of unintended consequence of women being too much alike. That wouldn't help the world get rid of Egwene, but still it'd be better than nothing. :tongue:

Also it would explain why those two are so conspicuously absent from Aviendha's visions.

I've been thinking about that, but more along the lines of what's going to happen to the bonds when Min dies.

• 2 weeks later...

Last line of the last chapter should be Rand hearing a whispered, "I have won again Lews Therin...."

No.

That would be one of the very worse last lines ever in epic fantasy fiction... if that were to happen.

Therefore, I am going to believe that you were attempting to be funny.

I want the epilogue to be both Perrin and Rand losing their ta`vereness and for various reasons Mat being stuck with his and hating it, realising he will be forever at the beck and call of the Wheel :P

I completely agree. More and more I feel that as Wheel adds new heroes to the horn Mat might be soon joining that exclusive list. biggrin.gif

End scene should be a newly temporarily bound DO. I believe the very nature of the DO makes it ludicrous to assume that such a state of being could ever be destroyed without upsetting the balance of reality itself. With the final line being delivered as Al'Thor and Moridin are both on the rocks of Shayol Ghul dying, with Moridin whispering "See you in the next life Lews Therin..."

Not Rand's funeral, Elayne's funeral. Many years from now. Aviendha and Min discussing the intervening years and what will happen now.

That would probably mean Min's funeral. Seeing Aviendha and Elayne are both channelers

End scene should be a newly temporarily bound DO. I believe the very nature of the DO makes it ludicrous to assume that such a state of being could ever be destroyed without upsetting the balance of reality itself. With the final line being delivered as Al'Thor and Moridin are both on the rocks of Shayol Ghul dying, with Moridin whispering "See you in the next life Lews Therin..."

I´d like that ending!

I´d like that ending!

Yeah I believe it nicely compliments the nature of the Wheel and the epoch nature of the novel.

Archived