DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

a foreshadowing in TDR Ch 27

herid

If the LB is fought at Shayol Ghul, or even in the Blight, how does Rand get on a boat? Egwene uses a barge as her Skimming platform, so that could be it.

Another thought is that SG was a tropical island in the AOL, maybe it reverted or something.

Kinda off topic, but the Rand-on-a-boat Dream and Foretelling got me thinking.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, that was the point, obviously. Why beat around the bush about it?

had the theory been linked to, i would have read it and would have known you had that as part of your theory. Unlike other people you might be used to dealing with, i don't have the time to beat around the bush.

I dont have the books on me, but I thought Alanna was not black ajah, and that she was currently heading towards the blight?

Pretty sure it was never for sure confirmed, but it's pretty well assumed that she's not.

I just finished that chapter yesterday, now I'm going back to reread it...

I dont have the books on me, but I thought Alanna was not black ajah, and that she was currently heading towards the blight?

Pretty sure it was never for sure confirmed, but it's pretty well assumed that she's not.

I am reading tDR right now and I am starting to wonder if Alanna is DF again... afterall she seemed pretty desparate to be around egwene

I am reading tDR right now and I am starting to wonder if Alanna is DF again... afterall she seemed pretty desparate to be around egwene

Again Brandon said if she was Verin would have noted it due to the bond...

Again Brandon said if she was Verin would have noted it due to the bond...

I didn't know Brandon stated that. I would have thought it would be reason for her not to note it

“The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives. The great battle done, but the world not done with battle. The land divided by the return, and the guardians balance the servants. The future teeters on the edge of a blade.”

Nicola Treehill, Lord of Chaos, Chapter 14

This indicates that it was Elayne, Aviendah and Min on the boat, but it was a good catch that that wasn't a viewing but a foretelling. :huh:

I am wondering...according to the text "the land divided by the return," is obvious that the Seanchan would be at odds with other nations, but...the guardians balance the servants, and I am asking. Could it be that with all of the channelers from Egwene, WO, and possibly AM would outnumber the number of damane, and if so would not this sentence (if taken as a continuance of the battle that continues speaks more of the guardians that nullify channeling (like Far Madding)

"It's always been a city of importance, you know, Rand said from beside Min, hiseyes distant. "The Guardians are newer, but the city was here long ago. Aren Deshar, Aren Mador, Far Madding. Always a thorn in our side, Aren Deshar was. The enclave of the Incaster-those afraid of progress, afraid of wonder."

If these are the guardians and the servants are all of those who channel, well it doesn't change much of anything but it changes things enough?

Maybe, and I am reaching for straws in relation to the topic, the forshadowing may be something as simple as "the need" aspect of TAR.

Going in a completely different direction, but did anyone ever speculate that "He who is dead yet lives," might not be referring to Rand at all? If looked at by itself, that statement could also apply to one Mat Cauthon, and with the "Great battle done," Rand could already be history. Perhaps the boat-ride refers to some quest that the 4 embark on to save or resurrect Rand. Just trying to offer something new.

Going in a completely different direction, but did anyone ever speculate that "He who is dead yet lives," might not be referring to Rand at all?

It's confirmed to be Rand because Bair and Melaine had a dream mirroring that scene, and they said it was Rand. They saw the three women, but not their faces. (Nicola named them by description.)

Maybe Rand will go to Shayol Ghul and call the DO a fool for wanting to escape. Maybe the true nature of the DO will be revealed, e.g., maybe the creator placed him there in order to spin the wheel, and he is thus shirking his responsibility by trying to break out.

The boat I take to mean that they are in the same situation.

What the situation will be; only the people that have access to the notes would know.

As far as I recall, the books have not given any hints on it.

Edit::

About Mat being "he who is dead yet lives"; that is actually many dead guys.

And none of the guys seem to function within Mat in any way. (ie speak to Mat, attempt to control/take-over Mat, use Mat's senses, etc)

Another edit::

If Mat could be a candidate, so could any resurrected Forsaken.

I just brought up Mat b/c of the Aelfinn's clear prophecy that he was "to die and live again," which of course he has (or so we and he think) but I think Terez stuffed me with that dream reference by the WIse Ones, which I had forgotten. Oh well, can't expect to bring much new to these discussions 20 years in

this is from BS twitter feed today

Wow. TDR 27 has a cool little foreshadowing for the end of AMOL that I'd never noticed before. #wotrr

any guesses what that can be?

I have two quick ones

Egwene felt a pang of jealousy she thought she had put down long ago, and sympathy mixed with it. Light, how can I be jealous when I cannot look at Galad without shivering and feeling as if I am melting, both at the same time? Rand was mine, but no more. I wish I could give him to you, Elayne, but he is not for either of us, I think. It may be all well and good for the Daughter-Heir to marry a commoner, as long as he’s an Andorman, but not to marry the Dragon Reborn.

I wonder how Egwene will react when she sees Galad with Berelain..

Archived