DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome...

Luckers

... to the brand spanking new speculation board. Why I decided to set this up at work, I do not know, but if there are problems with the board PM me and I'll fix them tonight.

*wanders off with a vaguely shell-shocked expression on his face*

very nice, i think i was time for the boards to merge. it was kind of hard to keep track of both.

Which was why I only bothered with the TOM board. Now I will probably only bother with General, at least until it gets close to release time. I don't see the point in keeping a separate forum for AMOL speculation when any WoT discussion is bound to be rife with it.

Which was why I only bothered with the TOM board. Now I will probably only bother with General, at least until it gets close to release time. I don't see the point in keeping a separate forum for AMOL speculation when any WoT discussion is bound to be rife with it.

Good point...

Good point...

Conversely, while a lot of threads may mention AMoL, their main direction and topics are fairly easy to divide into each category since that's all that these various boards are- organizational tools. Just at first glance(having read the topics) I could already split the following 4 threads from the General board by twos into each category:

General WoT(excluding AMoL spec.):

"how did Moiraine find out about Sammael and Bel'al?"

"Who created the Creator"

AMoL Speculation:

"Where is Demandred's Army coming from?"

"To survive the Last Battle, Rand must die."

While each thread might discuss AMoL here and there, the original poster can easily choose the board based on the thread topic. Now that the two boards are separate, any following posters can confine their discussion of AMoL to this board, the same way that people made sure to, within reasonable limits, avoid discussing ToM in the previous no-spoiler board.

The categories are there to help people find topics they're interested in- all that posting threads about AMoL in the General board does is add to the confusion and help the Lord of Chaos rule. :happy:

Just for the heck of it.

Am listing the major plotlines that have to either mesh or dangle in Amol

By characters

1) The GLoD, Rand, three babes, Moridin, Fain plotline

2) Perrin

3) Mat

4) Lan - Nyn - Malkier-Borderlands

5) Egwene (Gawyn) - WT

6) Moiraine-Thom

7) Taim and BT, Logain (?), Androl, Pevara

8) Random Forsaken, Superfade, Black Ajah

9) Aiel - Nakomi-Seanchan

10) Host of minor characters / nations - too many to list

Just to do a clockwork slotting together of plotlines is a big ask. I know RJ wrote extensive notes and sections but Brandon has to flesh the damn thing out in readable and coherent format.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the General Wheel of Time board is now open to full spoilers. If you want a more structured--and thus spoiler controlled--board, use the Structure Wheel of Time subforum. Alternatively you can ask in your thread title for a cut off point for spoilers.

Mmm. I know. But it's how we've always done it here--meh.

as Aviendha would say "tradition for the sake of tradition is foolishness". Having several different boards dedicated to the same subject where one would do is opposite of user friendly. for one thing it's harder to track and requires keeping an extra tab open (I have way too many as it is). it also leads to redundant posting and increases chances of missing interesting threads. I know this is not a democracy here and you are the boss but if requests are allowed I would vote (with both hands) for merging this board with the general one.

Yes, don't forget that as we move closer to AMoL's release date we will have more to discuss - including interviews and teasers from BS. Still, this boards does appear to be having trouble attracting folks. If this continues, perhaps we should reconsider.

Archived