DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How did you find your way to Dragonmount?

Guest Egwene

i google-d wheel of time a couple of years ago, found dragonmount. used to love the old site, especially the pretty extensive FAQ database. About March i thought "wonder what happened to good ol' dragonmount", found it all sparkly and shiny, so i took the plunge and joined.

Happy Birthday!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I foundit from yahoo search like a day or two after new years 2000. I had just gotten the computer for christmas and just got internet like that day I searched for "wheel of time". I stumbled on Ye Olde Bravenet boards, and started some trouble. Dem was the first person I ever emailed, and the rest is history.

Guest Haxorsist

What brought me to DM was the WoT gallery. I was looking for some pictures and stumbled on DM. After a while I checked out the message boards and decided to stay. :)

I did a search on AOL for WHeel of Time stuff and i ended up here. Went into some java chat and met a bunch of crazy people named Rune and Jae and Mike. For soem reason i decided to stick around and met even more crazy people named Emp, Justen Diablos, Turi, Mazzy, Persy, The Don, Seggy, Kat Darks, and many many many more and yet still for some odd reason i stuck around and even met almost all of them in person a few times.

Google! Actually.. some search engine. I'm not even sure anymore which it was. About 5 maybe 6 years ago now I was active in Pern Fandom and Interactive stories and all that. Alot of things seemed to be winding down and I had more time to read. So I read WoT and of course, ran a search engine when I was done to see what was out there in hopes of some sort of RP thing. And I found DM. Created Aramina then and made it into the Accepted stages when some things happened and I had to step away.

As life settled down, I began to miss RPing and the people that come with that :P So, about a year ago I came back. Luckily they still had Aramina's Arches and some basic info and let me bring her back to life.

PSW.gif

Guest Fnorrll

Well, I joined in November 02, so I've been here (on and off) for half the life of DM.

It was not long before the shift from EZboards I think, and that's how I found DM...an EZboard search for WoT boards.

Wasn't long till I was hooked...managed to make an idiot of myself in my very first post (remembers it to this day) but somehow still got a nice welcome, so decided to hang around...

Hmm... I think I was reading the boards for the WoT video game when I came here. Was active for a while... then life got busy and didn't have time with dial-up to come here. Stopped by a couple of times and have lost my account to inactivity more than once. I'll try and stop that now... the losing the account part.

Kids? :shock: I don't have any kids. Not that I don't want kids, I just don't have any. I think you are remembering the wrong person. I don't remember any one else having this handle, but since I haven't been active the past few years, that is a possibility. I know I never said anything about any kids. I was definitely not ready for kids last time I was at DM(I think I was 21, but probably younger. 26 now).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found Dragonmount before I even read the books due to a dear friend of mine that was reading them and suggesting them to me and I wanted to find out more so I googled it and this was the first site on the list. Found out later that my friend was on here, took a look around, read the first book, am working on the second (hard to read as much as I usually do with school and all) and ended up joining shortly after I read the first.

• 4 weeks later...

i was at work. bored of working i decided to google RJ. found the tor site and then found out about his condition. after i read what tor had to say about his diagnosis, i clicked the back button and DM was seccond with some catchy title like "RJ's Blog" so i clickyed. after reading his blog periodically for a few weeks i started listening to the podcast. soon i found out that i had oppinions and felt like i should thrust them upon somone who would at least listen. unfortuneately for me i physically know only one other person who reads WoT. my other friends are too busy droping acid to read stuff. granted i drop too, but it hinders my ability to read...you know all the words moving around...its a little nearve wracking when you want to know if perrin flips flops again *hammer or axe?*

• 1 year later...

(in hopes of reviving the thread so that we all remember where we came from)

I found my way to dragonmount quite by accident. I had googled RJ's death after hearing stray rumors on the web that he was close to, or already dead. with lament in my heart i found the article that still lives on in the blog. i wanted to tribute somthing to him so i registered to post in his tribute. i soon became enthralled with the story discussions over the series considering that I had already read the series to the point which it is today. after a few weeks I stumbled on the orgs, and here I am.

Guest Far Dareis Mai

My 'friend' at the time sent me a link to this site back in 2002, because I was interested in the Wheel of Time. I checked it out briefly, and then life caught hold of me and I sort of forgot about it. Then in 2004 I started a reread of WOT and I remembered this place and wanted to see what others thought about stuff. I lurked for a really long time, and then finally when people were talking crazy talk in WOT discussion, I decided to finally register and give my opinions. ;)

That 'friend' turned into my boyfriend, and then my fiance, and finally my husband. Interestingly enough, he has never registered or actually perused the site beyond the WOT discussion. :P

Archived