DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How did you find your way to Dragonmount?

Guest Egwene

I was slacking off at work looking for info on the next book to be released back at the end of 2004. I wandered my way into the Band org, met a young little archer named Leane who dragged me over to the WT and made me her warder. Been floating in and out since then. And I'm still her warder. (Here and in RL) ;)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*smiles*

The WoT has been a long standing thing me and my mother shared since I was about 12 years old. I was the only person to chat with about it, so it became our little thing. We would share ideas and theories and anything else we caught with the other. ^^ She About the time TGS came out, she had been poking around the internet reading interesting theories and found this site and theory land. I had a theory I had ben working on with her, and she suggested I post it here, and I never left. ^^ Been almost a year come this December.

I completed my first WoT read about 6 years ago. I had read EotW a long before I picked up the rest of the series, but I had probably been in 5-6th grade at the time, and the parents didn't have enough time to take me to the library, so it finally slipped out of my mind. Around 8th grade my best friend told me about a series he was reading and it struck me relatively soon afterwards that I had read the first book in the same series. I decided to give it another go and checked EotW out at the school library. I was hooked. I began to devour the series and blazed through and finished in a little over a month.

I'd lurk online occasionally to see if there was any news about the series, but I wouldn't check more than once every few months, and I had only visited Dragonmount two or three times before last year. TGS came out and I was absolutely stunned. I had read and loved Brandon's work, but I had no idea that TGS would turn out as well as it did. I decided I had to go online and rant somewhere and decided Dragonmount would be the best place. I lurked around Dragonmount for a while mainly just checking news. I eventually joined up at the DM ninjapost, and now I am here :biggrin:

• 3 months later...
Guest Edwith Gowen

I was just looking for some Wheel Of Time Books, games, movies etc...stumbled across several sites, a lot have been shut down, but Dragonmount has out did and lasted all of them!

I'm new to this site so drop me a line, I would like to be more involved!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was amazing to read through :) especially all the posts from Raeyn, Nighteyes, The Don and "Guest" Emp. I think I teared up a little bit!

I officially made a Dragonmount account in December of 1999. I lurked and poked and hemmed and hawed then about a year later I got active. I was such a little kid. 15 or 16 at the time. Life was rough and I made a lot of friends (for good and bad) here. Now I am reaching back out, finding a lot of nice new faces and occasionally running across an old one, covering it in smooches, then running away!

Sniffle. Thanks for all the crazy memories, DM! Happy belated birthday!

• 2 weeks later...

Google + nerdism + reading WoT = Finding DM

So I missed the first 3 years of DM. :dry:

Same here...

Drive across the country awakened old love of WoT (audio books while driving) + google + *whispers* All my old MUDs are dead + nerdism = Finding DM

Archived