DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Memory of Light Speculation

Luckers

Reading some of these idea's has made me even more excited for AMoL.

I don't see how Brandon is going to be able to keep it all to one book though. There just seems to be so much stuff that still needs to happen. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the book is cut into two. It would suck to have to wait even longer for the ending, but I'd rather wait another year and be satisfied with the ending rather than be disappointed earlier.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling the horn will not be used at the last battle. I think it has already served its purpose in the third age and will now merely be a contrivance for Mat to go to the White Tower at a time he is supposed to be there (in the Seanchan attack or for some other reason). I would be terribly disappointed if all seems lost and Mat comes charging in, blows the horn, and Rand gets a new surge of energy to finally defeat the DO. It would seem too deus ex machina to me.

I think the Horn will be blown, Mat´s remark to one of the Aes Sedai leaving for the White Tower spoke volumes regarding that. But it will not be the ultimate `turning of the tide´ during Tarmon Gai´don, merely one attack of many. A glorious one, maybe, perhaps a little reunion between Birgitte and her beloved Gaidal Cain (if he´s still there and not yet reborn). Perhaps Arthur Hawkwing will get the opportunity to enforce some influence on those blasted Seanchan...

I have a feeling the horn will not be used at the last battle. I think it has already served its purpose in the third age and will now merely be a contrivance for Mat to go to the White Tower at a time he is supposed to be there (in the Seanchan attack or for some other reason). I would be terribly disappointed if all seems lost and Mat comes charging in, blows the horn, and Rand gets a new surge of energy to finally defeat the DO. It would seem too deus ex machina to me.

I'm guessing all will seem lost and then Fain will burst in and mess with the baddies. Remember Kinsman?

I'm anticipating one rather prominent secondary character will die and then be brought back to battle by the Horn of Valere. Probably Lan.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jain Farstrider charging in along with the heroes of the horn.

I am, however, very curious to see how Birgitte will react when the horn is sounded...

While I anticipate a lot, one scene I'm just craving:

Moraine returning to Rand, all the other Aes Sedai gaping at "she who killed Lanfear AND Belal." I bet Rand just turns to tears seeing her, since most of his problems with Aes Sedai stem from not being able to trust any of them like he could Moraine. Also Egwene's reaction to seeing Moraine ought to be priceless...

20 bucks Perrin just nods at her.

Loving some of the suggestions...

Things I think will happen:-

1) We see the FoM and (I really, really hope) Egwene and the TAS getting a beat down from Cads' & Morraine and finally living up to the "unstained tower bending" prophecy. Then the bad news arrives of the various cities...

2) Then a long montage of 4 battles simultaneously

2a) Mat/Morraine/Egwench going to TV and Mat meeting Toun and calling off the battle, involves Matt blowing the HoV and Hawkwing slapping sense into Tuon

2b) Naeff/Androl/Logain battling Taim and allying with the SAS to clean the BT "Sister walking its ground rent with fire"

2c) Elayne getting back to Caemlyn to find Talamanes saving the day with the Dragons. (And if only the shock of seeing Caemly burning sent her into preterm labour, the twins are born and she dies...)

2d) Rand apologises to Nyn and gates with her to save Lan and reclaim Malkier by killing all things shadowspawn in the gap

3) FoM mk2; he binds the Senchean and all the nations together. Avi' makes the Aiel join in. And then they split into a load of massive bands to defend different things. But Rand, Matt, Perrin stick together and with a strike force go direct to SG.

3a) Before that happens Slayer strikes at Rand but Perrin finally kills him to be the 2nd time that perrin saves Rand

4) Big Finale. Rand breaks open the seals and fights Moridin the DO's shadow-dragon linked to Nyn and Aliva. Rest of the cool team/trusted buddies fight the various forsaken.

Rand wins but is dead. Reborn again, lives happily (if that's possible) with his 3 ladies.

Loving some of the suggestions...

Things I think will happen:-

1) We see the FoM and (I really, really hope) Egwene and the TAS getting a beat down from Cads' & Morraine and finally living up to the "unstained tower bending" prophecy. Then the bad news arrives of the various cities...

2) Then a long montage of 4 battles simultaneously

2a) Mat/Morraine/Egwench going to TV and Mat meeting Toun and calling off the battle, involves Matt blowing the HoV and Hawkwing slapping sense into Tuon

2b) Naeff/Androl/Logain battling Taim and allying with the SAS to clean the BT "Sister walking its ground rent with fire"

2c) Elayne getting back to Caemlyn to find Talamanes saving the day with the Dragons. (And if only the shock of seeing Caemly burning sent her into preterm labour, the twins are born and she dies...)

2d) Rand apologises to Nyn and gates with her to save Lan and reclaim Malkier by killing all things shadowspawn in the gap

3) FoM mk2; he binds the Senchean and all the nations together. Avi' makes the Aiel join in. And then they split into a load of massive bands to defend different things. But Rand, Matt, Perrin stick together and with a strike force go direct to SG.

3a) Before that happens Slayer strikes at Rand but Perrin finally kills him to be the 2nd time that perrin saves Rand

4) Big Finale. Rand breaks open the seals and fights Moridin the DO's shadow-dragon linked to Nyn and Aliva. Rest of the cool team/trusted buddies fight the various forsaken.

Rand wins but is dead. Reborn again, lives happily (if that's possible) with his 3 ladies.

I had never thought of Hawkwing coming back with the horn and slapping some sense into the Seanchan, that is really a cool idea. I also want to see Olver go all juggernaut supreme on some trollocs with his knife.

I can see Moiraine showing up and Rand breaking down and reciting the list of women out loud one last time while she holds him. Would be touching.

If by, "touching" you mean, "nauseating."

LOL. We really shouldn't argue about matters of opinion, but what else could we possibly be doing with our lives...?

Rand will link with Nyn Moridin and Aliva through callandor, and channel the TP through Fain, cleansing the TP

Whoa.... Umm..... Yea.......

My thoughts exactly...i realy hope this was a joke....

Next we'll have male TP wielding damane channeling through bela to cleanse saidar....

I can see Moiraine showing up and Rand breaking down and reciting the list of women out loud one last time while she holds him. Would be touching.

If by, "touching" you mean, "nauseating."

May be it is not that shocking to Rand after VOG. If he truely has all those memory then he is at least anticipating the possibility of Moraine coming back. It could simply be "I was hoping you will be back this time." and a hug. Others will be dumbfounded by this reaction though.

* Gawyn will get in a tight spot and will put on one of the bloodknife rings. It is revealed that warders can survive while wearing the rings.

* Androl to learn the trick of making gateways explode, which he will use to great effect in the Last Battle.

* There will be a battle at the Fields of Merrilor. (I'm just guessing that the people dressed up as farmers are not actually farmers but channelers.)

So many keep saying Mat is going to blow the HoV and the HotH will come and Hawking is going to set Fortuona straight and yadda, yadda, yadda, doesn't the HotH have to follow the Dragon and the Banner? I thought that is what Hawking said in TGH.

Also, I will just add one thing:

Aviendah will get pregnent.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that yet? Maybe it's not that important, I guess.

Anyway it's past my bed time.

Cheers! :rand::mat::perrin:

So many keep saying Mat is going to blow the HoV and the HotH will come and Hawking is going to set Fortuona straight and yadda, yadda, yadda, doesn't the HotH have to follow the Dragon and the Banner? I thought that is what Hawking said in TGH.

Also, I will just add one thing:

Aviendah will get pregnent.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that yet? Maybe it's not that important, I guess.

Anyway it's past my bed time.

Cheers! :rand::mat::perrin:

Agree. HotH comes by the horn but follows only the DRAGON REBORN and his banner, no one else.

Reading through New Spring at the moment and a reunion I'm looking forward is Moiraine + Siuan. Each woman thinks the other dead and because of how they started the journey together. It might happen in the background (or not at all which would be horrible) as events with more prominence will be detailed but I do hope that it can be seen. Just like, Siuan pacing in her tent grumbling and the like and then she feels a slight tingle (that Moiraine seems to feel when Siuan embraces the source in NS) as well as the feeling of another woman embracing the source and stage clear for the emotional reunion.

One thing I've been anticipating is Rand meeting Galad. How will they react to each other? Will Rand greet him as a brother? Will Galad return the feeling? Will Galad hate Rand for taking his birth mother from him? And so on. Should be an interesting scene if it happens.

Maybe it will help Galad with his quest for learning that the world is not just black and white like Morgase was trying to teach him.

How the bore is sealed...

Elayne makes a full set of Mats cloned medallions and they are turned into Cuendillar and these are used to reseal the bore since they block all channeling (even the True Power as soon will be discovered).

Morriane is obviously the 2nd woman with Rand and Nyneve since he trusts here, and he knew it from his 'answers'

Egwene freaks out the forsaken and kills them when she is able to unravel balefire since 'it's just a weave'

How the bore is sealed...

Elayne makes a full set of Mats cloned medallions and they are turned into Cuendillar and these are used to reseal the bore since they block all channeling (even the True Power as soon will be discovered).

Morriane is obviously the 2nd woman with Rand and Nyneve since he trusts here, and he knew it from his 'answers'

Egwene freaks out the forsaken and kills them when she is able to unravel balefire since 'it's just a weave'

The only problem with your theory is that Mats medallion only stops Saidar else he wouldn't have gotten hit by Rahvin's lightning in FoH. Unless you're saying that's the result of them being turned into Cuendillar or however that's spelled?

Mat's medallion stop saidin too. Halima tried channelling at him and was mystified why the weaves were unravelling.

Rahvin's lighting killed Mat because it wasn't a direct weave. This is how Jordan explained it (from Theoryland's interview database)

"Mat's amulet blocks both saidin and saidar. Jordan answered this one straight-out when asked. He pointed out that the amulet only blocks actual weavings of the One Power, not the physical effects that could be caused by a weaving. For example, Elayne was able to use the One Power to hurl a rock at Mat. Rahvin was able to create a bolt of lightning which struck Mat."

Anyway, I don't think the foxheads can be turned to cuendillar and still retain their anti-channelling properties. Ter'angreals only work if they are made from the exact material necessary.

Archived