DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

little oliver

Darian

In my opinion, the timeline doesn't work out. I don't have access to the books, but here is what I remember:

In Randland, Oliver would have been born previous to The Eye of the World events. So before any of the characters enter TAR, the main group still lives in Edmond's Field, and Oliver is a kid with his parents.

As the series progresses, the characters enter TAR and meet Bridgette. In the first or second meeting Cain is seen in TAR. It seems like there is a passage about Bridgette walking off with him or chasing after him. This means that the pattern hasn't spun him out yet.

Since Oliver is already born and Cain isn't spun out yet, they can't be the same.

I know that time is different in TAR, but never is anything about time travel is implied in TAR.

Personally, I am a fierce advocate of Olvendred.

Or Cainandred. Actually, I like both. So, yes, but only because both are Demandred in disguise. So, Gaidal Cain=Demandred=Olver. That's the ticket.

He is on his way onto being a Hero though.

I have this dreadful notion that Mat and co. will come out with Moirane, only to find Olver has gone in.

Which would mean that Mat and Thom(and perhaps the third man) without a doubt would go right back in to pull him out.

Posted Today, 08:29 AM

Luckers, on 07 October 2010 - 08:26 AM, said:

Olver is Illyena reborn.

So Illyena is Demandred as well?

Yes. It's why Demandred hates Lews Therin so much. He was an abusive husband--at least at the end there.

I'd actually quite like Olver to end up as a Hero of the Horn! As for him being Demandred - FTW!!!

@ Darian: Unfortunately, Olver definitely isn't Gaidal Cain, as RJ has ruled out this possibility. There is, however, a theory that he was originally intended to be Gaidal, but that RJ changed his mind later on.

Olver is Illyena reborn.

Yes. It's why Demandred hates Lews Therin so much. He was an abusive husband--at least at the end there.

It all makes sense now :ohmy:

As always, I am awestruck at how well RJ hides true identities.

Olver is Illyena reborn.

Gosh, you guys havent even scratched the top of it. Here is the real story.

Lews Therin killed Ilyena. She was super mad and filed a domestic to the DO.

The DO merged her soul into Demandred's body.

Demandyena woke up and went to SG and the DO told him/her who is to live and who is to die.

You see the family being given to the Thakandar forgers was missing one. A small boy around 9 years old.

He went into the depths of SG looking for his snakes and foxes game and fell down (or up) into the Prison.

Crazy stuff happened and Shaidar Haran was born.

SH was like slayer, he could change back into Olver form, so the DO made Demandyena merge with the Olver part leaving SH a super fade.

So simple :myrddraal:

Oh, and Taim is just Taim.

Olver is Illyena reborn.

Gosh, you guys havent even scratched the top of it. Here is the real story.

Lews Therin killed Ilyena. She was super mad and filed a domestic to the DO.

The DO merged her soul into Demandred's body.

Demandyena woke up and went to SG and the DO told him/her who is to live and who is to die.

You see the family being given to the Thakandar forgers was missing one. A small boy around 9 years old.

He went into the depths of SG looking for his snakes and foxes game and fell down (or up) into the Prison.

Crazy stuff happened and Shaidar Haran was born.

SH was like slayer, he could change back into Olver form, so the DO made Demandyena merge with the Olver part leaving SH a super fade.

So simple :myrddraal:

Oh, and Taim is just Taim.

Well that last part is obvious. Who ever thought he wasn't?

And your entire story, it all makes sense now. How did I miss it? Slayer was the hint all along. :ohmy:

Archived